šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

By the time you get to SH25, you donā€™t need common or uncommon heros or troops. Thatā€™s silly :upside_down_face:.

Try this on for size:

Start with 3* heros and troops, levels 1 and 2. Then go to trainers, level 3 for 1* and 2*, level 4 for 3* and 4*. Epic heros for food level 5. Epic heros for epic heros level 6. Epic troops from 3* and 4* troops level 7. Epic troops from food level 8.

And FINALLY, S1 Legendary heros from S1 Legendary heros level 9, OR even add S2 Legendaries here. AND HotMs from HotMs level 10 (or one HotM + one 4* for an HotM). OR even add S2 Legendaries here.

Thatā€™s reasonable :wink:

What do you guys think?

2300k food 7ds waiting? I read that someone needed 70 tries to get 1 hotm and 236 to get 3. Over a year for one. Like this Iā€™ll not even build mine.

6 Likes

6 months ago I said: I will never build the Alchemy Lab higher than Level 6.
Call me a liar itā€™s at 10 and fully researched.
Construction times of over 80 days i have be seen earlier, I plan 2.5 months after publication.

The research time under one month is not really much longer than at the Alchemy Lab.

So far, a lot has met my expectations.

Ok at the rate can still be improved, but these are just simple parameters.

I will wait a few more days until I feed my 4 * dupes.

Consider it is the 1st version in beta not for the final.

Thank you very much Zephier

1 Like

Delighted to see this finally entering Beta!

I was happy to see no gem requirements as that was my biggest concern. So bonus for that SG!

My initial thoughts is that this will be more useful for f2p players who want a more reliable way of getting the 4* troops they lack, or season 1 5* heroes they still need rather than waiting on the low odds their TC20 will spit out that blue 5* that has always eluded them.

For those who were looking for a way to exchange their 5* dupes for a shot at the HOTM, given the numbers weā€™re currently seeing from testers for level 10, this is going to be a rather large resource sink where the odds of a return on your investment are extremely small, if any. Which I imagine is the idea, so those folks turn to Tavern of legends instead.

I would have liked to see an option to retrain a HOTM for a HOTM. I also would have liked to see a level 10 equivalent for 4* heroes but unless they were willing to include s2/s3, or event/seasonal heroes in the pool then there really isnā€™t much point as your tc would likely be a faster, cheaper option.

I think in itā€™s current form, Iā€™d probably use it more as an additional way to create feeder troops/heroes from excess resources, rather than a genuine way to exchange duplicates.

It is Beta, so hopefully we get more information from the testers regarding pull rates or see further iterations that will make me more optimistic. I wonā€™t feed all my duplicates away just yetā€¦

2 Likes

That was a lot of teasing from SGG for the glorious HA for the past year+ and they can only deliver thatā€¦ :pensive:

Canā€™t they just stop with this nonsense 10 level buildings for end-game player only that need 90 days to use the requited feature?
Just do a 1lvl HA with different recipes available. You can only have 1 active at a time and that way, we could actually use the feature before 2022

And why donā€™t they implement something like the way we use * for upgrading special skill?
Letā€™s be honest, absolutely no players who can build HA to lvl10 want to trade Khagan for Horghall as they have 1-4 TC20 rolling days and nights and have probably a bunch/all S1 5*.
Give us a chance for HoTM, S2 or even S3.
The current beta version doesnā€™t give any value for 3 or 4*. Make them count top

My idea :
You can put 10 heroes.
Each 3* S1 gives 0,5% chance for HoTm
Each 4* gives 2% chance for HoTM
Each 5* gives 5% chances for HoTM

That way, you can boost your chance by sacrificing your dupes.

9 Likes

Food costs seem a bit high. I think it should be like 900k which is equivalent of 3 days of TC20 trainings in terms of recruits, food, and time

4 Likes

For a small second there I was really excited for something like this to be added into the game for FTP, then I read the comments and the odds and realized SG is being their same greedy selves ā€¦ with all the negitivity around the game lately, this could have been a boonā€¦ instead itā€™s more garbage that has little / no value. GFTO charging 2000k ham and 7 days for folks to just get another classic hero. Silly.

5 Likes

Always need feeder troops!

2 Likes

Considering how bad many of us thought this would be, the fact that the biggest issue here is that the food cost is relatively high is something of a miracle.

SGG did good with this.

1 Like

The low rate of getting very old HOTM is the biggest issue. Most people at the stage where they can build and research HA10 donā€™t need to spend 2 more years converting Horghall to Khagan back and forth at 7 day intervals in perpetuity.

20 Likes

Considering the low % to get a HOTM and the fact you will end up losing hours on the long run when you cant be on time for queing the next hero. The chance to get a different hero once per week is cool but far from love at first sight.

I guess being able to have 4 HA is a scary for the gacha culture this kind of games are built open. But isnt the whole point of the HA to be the epitome of ā€œrewardā€ for loyalty (considering only veteran players that have been playing for a long time will be able to get access to it)?. Better that nothing for sure, as a loyal dog that waits on its master to come back from work so I can get outside on a walk for 20mins after beeing inside a building with no stimulus over the last 9+hours, Iā€™ll wag my tail like no tomorrow: WOOF WOOF

4 Likes

Yeah, I didnā€™t see that. Iā€™d assumed that the old HoTMs had the same odds as the classic 5*s. If thereā€™s only a small chance of getting an old HoTM than this is indeed, trash. I mean, I"ll continuously run one because I donā€™t need 7 Elenas, but really ridiculous if the odds are anything lower than 15% to get an old HotM.

9 Likes

What even is the point if the odds are so low for a HotM? If I wanted S1 heroes I would just keep running tc20 and not invest 100+ days (and all the resources) into leveling/researching HA. Give us a greater chance at HotM! If a tester did 100 tests and no HotM, thatā€™s 700 days! Not to mention the food that it took. Another wasted opportunity.

4 Likes

And now SG should add the ability for us to stack trainer heroes like 5X green, so little space and expensive to get too.

1 Like

Nice new hero academy

All ppl reacting here now this game is a long grind but also that there is some kind of powercreep in the game.
For instance: I am only missing Joon from S1 so what would be the reason for me to use Rank 10 from HA? A lot of the HOTMā€™s mentioned are overclassed by the new S3 heroā€™s who will get prio in levelling which dooms HA to be already useless on paper.
To bad SG keep feeding us S1 stuff for which they already made costumes to make those heros on par with the current S3 and HOTM heroā€™s. And the FTP ppl will never see a Rank 10 HA since its costs multiple years to get to that point.
And in the meantime I will keep tossing the double useless 5*'s in the meatgrinder.

3 Likes

Transparency

Classic 5* hero odds

Without transparency I am assuming an odds rate of 1/ 20 for each Classic 5* hero ( 20 total ).

5* HotM odds

Without transparency I am assuming an odds rate of 1/ 480 for each 5* HotM ( 24 total ).

Total odds

Yes, these two do not add up, but these 5* HotM odds are 3.84x better than Legend summons ( 1/ 1,846 for each 5* HotM ).

Hero Academy Loot box unit pricing

Hero Attempts 100% Base food production 100% 24 hour World Energy Hero Academy
Vivica ( any specific Classic 5* hero ) 89+ 150 days+ 61+ days 623+ days ( 1.7+ years )
Gravemaker ( any specific 5* HotM ) 2208+ 3,727+ days ( 10.21+ years ) 1,533+ days ( 4.2+ years ) 15,456+ days ( 42.3+ years )

4* Troop odds

Without transparency I am assuming an odds rate of 1/ 15 for each 4* troop ( 15 total ).

Hero Academy Loot box unit pricing

Troop Attempts 100% Base food production 100% 24 hour World Energy Hero Academy
Red crit 4* troop ( any specific 4* troop ) 66+ 57.81+ days 30.55+ days 462+ days ( 1.264+ years )

Notes

Click for notes

Math level 9 ( 4* troops )

Farms
6x 5300 per hour
3x 8473 per hour
57,219 per hour

1.203 m food / 57,219 per hour
21.02 hours of 100% Base food production

200 recruits
66.66 World energy at 3 Recruits per World Energy
666.6 minutes

7 days per Academy level 9.

Loot box unit pricing

1/ 15
0.06666 odds
66 summons

Math Level 10 ( 5* Heroes )

Farms
6x 5300 per hour
3x 8473 per hour
57,219 per hour

2.318 m food / 57,219 per hour
40.511 hours of 100% Base food production

300 recruits
100 World energy at 3 Recruits per World Energy
1,000 minutes

7 days per Academy level 10.

Odds

1/ 20
0.05 odds
89 summons

1/ 20x 1/ 24
1/ 480
0.002083 odds
2208 summons

FIN

15 Likes

Please look at implementing something like this for the final version. Iā€™m happy with the exorbitant food/iron/time costs but I would like a chance to retrain Epic Heroes, I think itā€™s totally reasonable to include the S2 heroes at this point, with S3 being out.

Iā€™m not sure about HotM for HotM (or Event for Event) because I think this will increase the gap between the whales, C2P and FTP, but re-rolling Legendary Heroes for only S1 Classic Legendaries with a ~0.5% at a random HotM sucks.

Please consider some way to include Epic Heroes, and or S2 heroes.

8 Likes

Youā€™re saying we have a chance to get a Gravemaker before 2030? Love it.

8 Likes

I really like that expression! Maybe Iā€™ll try to get English speakers or speakers of other languages I know to use it.