šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

I donā€™t know what to tell you.

Iā€™m in Beta, no other buildings unlocked with Stronghold 25, and I was able to build and research all of Hero Academy.

I already have 3 of each Advanced Storage in the live game from SH24.

2 Likes

Just realized the chance to get an old Hotm from T10 is in fact more than 50%, there is total 20 legendary 5*s from S1 and there is 24 Hotm on the list. But the chance to get the hero you wanted is like 2%, unless there are mutiple heroes you are looking for. For those who are only missing 1 or 2 Hotm on the list, itā€™s like 1 pull per week to get your hero, the odd is really low. Plus there could be spenders who gets all the Hotm listed which means they donā€™t really need HA. So it does seem to be Ftp/Ctp friendly.

1 Like

Itā€™s beta so it might change

Level Ability Upgrade Cost Upgrade Time Research Cost Research Time
10 Retrain your LEGENDARY Heroes 2748kIron 12d 13h 3311kFood 14d 0h

but not max;
as seen above: 2626 < 2748 and 3153 < 3311

šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30] - #113 by BoolzSan_CrewKNIGHTS

but to max, you need 4 each

Yes, the HotMs are more than the S1 heroes but actually the odds of getting HotM will be much lower.

1 Like

Underwhelmingā€¦would really like to see the ability to re-train HOTMs and event/Atlantis/Valhalla legendaries. Also, the resource costs for some of these trainings are really high. This may not cost gems, but sacrificing days worth of food will hurt.

1 Like

no because it doesnt say all the odds ae equal the odds of getting season one hero may be way higher then HOTM.

I think this at first glance looks like a useless feature if it is going to take an entire week to exchange and the odds are 5% or lower then it will be more then realistic to go an entire year without ever getting a HOTM. at current I am still missing some of the season one five stars, but eventually I will have them all and will just be recycling.

it may be useful for a short period of time, but that will not last.

Maybe if they threw in chances of getting event challenge heros season two heros season 3 heros or a costume etc it might be worth it or even add alkashars to this thing to then we might have more temptations for it.

7 days is a long time to wait for such a small chance. maybe this should be shortened to 3/4 days.

5 Likes
Level Ability Iron Food Recruits Other Costs Time
8 Train EPIC Heroes - 305kFood 150 3x Battle Manual, 3x Tall Boots, 3x Chainmail Shirt, 3x Scabbar 5d 0h

so this will give only 4* heroes?
time to eat those 4*s up. lol

Sounds More fair then the current way. You have to consider that you have to pay already a 5 star hero witch was hard to get with the low odds. And if you pay a hotm its fair to get a hotm, maybe it could cost 14 daysā€¦if you pay an eventhero, its fair to get an eventhero. If you pay a s1 hero its fair to get an s1 hero ā€¦

2 Likes

As far as 5sā€¦its a complete bust for me. Ive been hanging onto 5s foreverā€¦just a secā€¦let me countā€¦

ā€¦
ā€¦
57 duplicate 5s and the only possible gain I can get would be Thoth (joke), Perseus, Aeron and Zeline. I have everything else and none of those would get mats in any foreseeable future.
Im sure it is going to be great for many players and I am not saying its bad. I just donā€™t think it is what players like me were hoping for. I wanted to seeā€¦

Trade multiple 5s for your choice of one 5
Trade in your 5 for Tabards, Rings, Tomesā€¦etc
Trade your 5s in for emblems

As is, it seems my bench is just a pantry full of stale food.

5 Likes

I had bigger expectations for this building - it is turning into ā€œAdvancedā€ Training Camp.
If I get the same hero that Iā€™ve invested after 7 days of waiting, this will be valid reason to quit this game!?
Even more if you have multiple 5* heroes and you get more of them after the conversion.

Empires and Puzzles should really start deviating from all around randomness of the game.

You aim for a certain hero and there is a certain price to get it. This is much more attractive and purposeful. Stop with the randomness!

2 Likes

thatā€™s for HOTM not regular legendary

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure where you got those numbers from, but with 3 maxed Advanced Food and Iron Storages in Beta I have 3318k Food and 2751k Iron capacity.

Thatā€™s enough to fully max Hero Academy.

Thereā€™s no fourth Advanced Iron or Food Storage in Beta.

2 Likes
Summary

compare max capacity for one in beta vs one in non-beta
add them up and compare again
see if the base storage is the same

beta is also 1m to train some 7d right?
so should be normal

OR

a change will appear with the release of sh25 and capacity will be implicitly increased

you are right. the formula is wrong

image image

2 Likes

609k for Iron in both

873k for Food in both

I checked, and the regular Storages match too.

Itā€™s either a difference in the Stronghold, or your math is off.

EDIT: sounds like you found it

1 Like

Hi community in HOTM list I didnā€™t see no 3,4,10,11 and 12 , if anyone have pictures plz share . Thanks

1 Like

Basically it is not worth investing anything in the academy. I understand that it is still in beta, but as things go in the game right now, it will be still be useless building. Very disappointed.

4 Likes

Yay, we lived long enough to see it!

I have kinda mixed feelings, but overall positive (compared to stuff like AL).

On PLUS

I love that it focuses on using the low level ascension mats that we never used. I especially love level 3 - guaranteed uncommon hero at 1 min is huge. Possibly food expensive but still.

Costs on all levels look to be improvements for Training Camp. No more insanity like AL. And even Hunterā€™s Lodge when you consider cost vs how the item compare to their much cheaper versions.

No gem cost! And converting 5 star into 5 star.

But now on MINUS

Iā€™ll skip the odds that seem to be brutal and hoping for them to improve. But! I really hoped for something to allow me to deal with the surplus of unused 5 star heroes. And not just classic ones, but HotMs and Event heroes that Iā€™m never going to use. This current version doesnā€™t allow that - Iā€™m as well using that one Khagan and just keep trying until a Drake Fong shows up in 2026. I donā€™t like that the value of classic hero input is the same as much rarer HotM or Event one. Credits to @bobiscool for the idea to be able to put in multiple heroes at once to increase chances of getting HotM. Value Classic hero at 2%, HotM at 5%, Event Hero at 10%. Anyways, it sucks that first time I run it on a dupe HotM it will turn them into a Horghall and them keep spitting Elenas and Justices till the end of time.

I know some other game already has it and it may be brutal with low odds, but maybe have the hero turned to 50 emblems of its class instead of a Classic 5 star in case of a ā€˜failedā€™ conversion to a HotM? Maybe make it an option to select? Or just have it work this way when you put in HotM or Event hero? Turn Aegir into Justice + 50 Paladin emblems if it fails, then I can just feed away Justice no hard feelings, or keep trying melting her but not getting emblems anymore.

Frankly, at current version Iā€™d enjoy HA more if run on some of those lower levels, especially to train feeders, instead of using its level 10. Iā€™ll be fine, but can see this may be disappointing for some. Oh, and not sure what Iā€™m going to do with all my Aegirs and Evelyns, not to mention the Marjanasā€¦

9 Likes

I mean itā€™s not bad. I donā€™t really see what took so long in it getting here. Itā€™s hardly going to change the game but if it results in me getting a free Zeline in 2023 or whatever I guess it was worth it.