šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

You know what? Putting it like this makes me feel a lot better. I have no classic greens and only Thorne from classic blues. Legitimately desirable S1 legendaries for me include Lianna, Elkanen, Kaidlen, Richard, Isarnia, Magni, and Joon. So there are pretty decent odds that Iā€™ll run across something I need relatively soon after getting HA 10 up and running. I have plenty of dupes to feed (3 Khagans, 2 Elenas, 3 Domitias, Leonidas, Thorne, and Sartana). Just gotta get my storages and some housing upgraded.

5 Likes

I just edited the original post. When I first calculated that I forgot to substract the hero you feed from the hero pool, so each S1 hero has a 5% appearance rate.

In your case you have 40% of getting a hero you like per run. Not too bad I would say :slight_smile:
And as long you as you remain unlucky you will always have a hero to feed againā€¦
Good luck once you are thereā€¦ in three or four months probably :confused:

1 Like

Not at all. Just so time and resource expensive to get there! Wish I could start today.

So forever, then? LOL

Yes, you can always recycle what you donā€™t like, but I have enough dupes to last me a while, even without that. I was kinda hoping for the HotM-for-HotM swap. What are the odds I could get something worse than Ranvir in a trade? Not very high! I might have even swapped a duplicate Vela, but that would be dicier, as sheā€™s great, and I might level the dupe one day.

To be honest, no letā€™s not write here honestly what I am thinking as it will be my last post in here for sure :rofl:

Well if qol only would need to be improved with double (triple or even 6, yes I am looking at you Sartana) heroā€™s that would be great. I think we have voiced many concerns recently and if SG thinks that only our double heroā€™s need to be addressedā€¦ Boy have they been reading at all?
I like it that they do release something but it has been ā€˜promisedā€™ to us as the solution for the double heroā€™s about 2 years ago. I have been expanding roster space and again and again to keep them because you never know what they come up with.
Looks to me that I am gonna level soms Dawaā€™s pretty fast and expensive now as I myself do not keep waiting for 2 more years for a way to use the double heroā€™s that are well paid for.

To me this shows that I am really need to start thinking if this is the final push for me as well.

@zephyr1 thnx for your open communication in all these matters and the hard work you are doing here to keep us updated (what should be a job by SG imo)

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad they acknowledge the dupe issue (after having pulled my second Kong to join my three Owlsā€¦) and can appreciate that they want to avoid addressing it with and end game building available to only small %.

But I really hope to see something on this topic relatively shortly, by the end of this year at least. Now when there is a promise that something will be done, Iā€™ll definitely not want to feed them away. And 5 more hero slots is 250 gems alreadyā€¦

2 Likes

I generally donā€™t get heated or upset about things in the forumā€¦and honestly this is more to vent for my peace of mind heading into the weekend after a stressful week:

Iā€™ll be honest this is kind of a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  response that serves no purpose and frankly just ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  me off more than anything else that has occurred in this discussion/process. I was resigned to the fact that HA was not going to meet my expectationsā€¦I surrendered unrealistic expectations of ever getting heroes that Iā€™ve chased in the past via HA, and Iā€™m fine with that given my current playstyle/investment.

But this faux apology of sympathy it aggravates me beyond words

• The solution to duplicate heroes should be accessible to a wider range of players (i.e. we need to find a way to monetize this feature from players of all levels whether they just started the game or have been playing since the beginning)
  • What issue is the immediate release of Hero Academy resolving for the very small group of players who spend the 2-6 months building and researching this?
  • What value is Hero Academy providing other than a resource sink for people who continually find themselves capped on iron and food?

Ultimately however good the type of people @Petri @KiraSG and the others in SGG are I find that response is a useless as this pointless rant.
Weā€™re all stupider for reading that and for reading my post (but to be honest whatā€™s new about my posts making you dumber)ā€¦Iā€™m an absolute moron for wasting 5 minutes to type this up. Reply if you want toā€¦donā€™t if you donā€™tā€¦I have zero ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  to give about this topic anymore. Just gonna use scrolling up and down on it to meet forum reading requirements to maintain my regular status.

32 Likes

Hopefully not :laughing:
I mean with 40% the odds still arenā€™t exactly in your favor. But compared to other summon portals and TC20 itā€™s as good as can get, Iā€™d say.

That would have been so great. Letā€™s they are adressing that problem, Kiras said in the last announcement they plan on adressing the problem with dupe heroes in another wayā€¦ So could only take another 5 years I suppose :man_shrugging:

I really wouldnā€™t transmute Vela. The chances of getting something better than her are just too little. But you have so many S1 dupes now that it will take probably years until you have to decide whether to feed old HotMs to HA10.

1 Like

Yeah maybe my grandchildren (Im 23 so i dont even have children yet) will be able to exchange their duplicates then. They ā€œworkā€ on it. Yeah sure, like they worked on HA during the past 2 years.

4 Likes

Thank you @Kikyo,

Wouldnā€™t have seen the response on that thread if you hadnā€™t cross posted it.

Yup, upgrading time is an issue and overall I am disappointed about HA.
I was just focusing on the fact that if one is missing good S1 heroes, HA10 will be the best ressource. If notā€¦ HA10 is rather meh.

800 gems awayā€¦and Iā€™m sure there are others that need more than 800 gems. Sigh

1 Like

For someone who not donating so much, not summoning so much, HA10 is good, because it provides additional chance to non-S1 heroes, and those people can switch to summon costumes instead.

3 Likes

Yes, Iā€™d also use it in that case just for the small chance, but:

5% chance and a production time of 1 week gives you an average of about 2.5 non s1 heroes per year, considering swings many people will run HA10 for more than 2 years until they get their first non S1. So yes, usableā€¦ but still rather meh than wow with these conditions. I donā€™t know who it was, but someone proposed an increasing chance by 2.5 percent per run which resets once a non S1 hero is trained. I think this would be a major improvement without breaking the game.

3 Likes

@voidstrike I am happy to see that you are willing to write what I had in mindā€¦
How can they call it a small percentage of players that have this available? We are all waiting to upgrade further and to spend some iron on building we are waiting forā€¦ Yes new players cannot reach there yet but I guess they still donā€™t have a ā– ā– ā– ā–  load of duplicates out tc20 or summons.
This game cannot be equal to players in week 2 and players in year 3 of playing. That is the same BS why PoV got so easyā€¦ There is endgame stuff to play and there is entry level stuff to play. And even something in between.
The more I think about the message the more I can only see this as an insult to the players that are here a long time already.
I am not a big spender and have a boat load of duplicates out of tc20 that are already behind pat but will have to manage with them. Still donā€™t have all of them despite running double tc20 for a year and half now. So how is this in any way helping the loyal players base in any way?

4 Likes

Good idea. But even without it, HA is useful for me.

1. Summon only costumes to get important 5* costumes (for now for me it is Lianna, Vivica, Domitia, Sartana, Joon, Kadilen, Elkanen, Richard etc. To summarize - all non-slow and Vivica).
  2. Run HA10 with slow S1 heroes like Khagan.
  3. When you get non-slow hero with costume - save it. For Vivica - you need no more than 2 of her. But 5xLianna wonā€™t hurt.

That was the point I made earlier: In case you are also looking for certain S1 heroes, odds of HA10 get really good.

Though 5 liannas for a person who doesnt spend much: Where to get all the tonics to ascend them? But yeah, if HA10 gave me a second Lianna, Iā€™d keep her.

For 5 - do not know.
But you can farm alkashards for free fast with new AL and get emblems or tonics (if lucky).

4* mats is always be scarse.

I think the HA is far from ideal but is also not a terrible outcome.
I, like other posters, am a collector and would keep any non-duplicate and see it as a bonus.
I have stopped running TC20 as I can pick up these heroes on other portals and can better use the feeder capacity, I might reactive them once I use up my dupes but they will take some time.
Disappointing that they have decided against making the HA the solution to the dupes when it would have been so easy for it to be.
The HA could have been accessible at lower levels but keep caps on levelling based on SH so that HA10 only opens with SH25.
3 star dupes at around SH20 and 4 star at maybe 22 would help out when there might still be a use of those dupes being replaced.

1 Like

@zephyr1 i am guessing you are wishing the end of v30 beta test threads but can i ask your personal opinion about latest HA?
Cheers :clinking_glasses:

Any info on the release date?