đŸ§Ș Early Information on Birthday Summon Portal [Part of The Beta Beat V64]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the Birthday Summon Portal.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Birthday Summon

This summon includes a specially curated pool of Heroes with NO Classic Heroes.

Important note about the portal from Staff:

The portal does not contain any Season 1 heroes.
The portal contains a selection of heroes, and some are coming with their costumes.
It has a Double Chance Bonus similarly to Goblin Summon:

Featured Heroes

There are 5 Featured heroes.

The two fixed Featured hero is the new Gargolye hero:

The other 3 Featured hero can be selectable from a 20 hero list, which includes these hereoes:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
Phorcys Sha Wujing Christine Daae Fizzcoil
Gestalt Luna Myoin-ni Vaishali
Chang’e Brimstone Darkfeather Frond
Shaal Starwalker Hathor Farrah
Smarttongue Erlang Shen Quinn Sparklight

Important Note:

These heroes are not included automatically in the available heroes.
You will only be able to pull the heroes what you have selected.
So once you have pulled a featured hero, then it is adviced to change it to avoid pulling duplicates.

:warning: The available heroes’ list are not final.

Available Heroes

Birthday Summon Portal currently includes the following Heroes:

Some heroes are comes with costume, while others are not.

Event Legendary hero Epic hero Rare hero
Season 2 Ariel C, Ursena Agwe C, Danzaburo, Sumitomo C, Wilbur C Gato, Melia, Muggy, Namahage
Season 3 Odin Almur, Fura C, Gullinbursti C, Jott An-Windr, Ei-Dunn, Kvasir C, Nordri
Season 4 Dr. Moreau, Elizabeth, Prof. Lidenbrock, Xnolphod Gramps, Helo, Morris, Poppy, Vollermork
Season 5 Azmia Faiez, Rekhetre
HOTM Drake Fong C, Gravemaker C, Kingston, Malosi, Telluria, Vela
Challenge Events Dark Lord Cheshire Cat, Cillian, Garyas, Guardian Jackal, KalĂž, Marcel, Raul, Waddles, Zhabog Edd, Gnomer, Guardian Bat, Guardian Lemur, Pixie, Ribbit, Shrubbear, Treevil, Vodnik
Seasonal Events Alucard, Francine, Krampus C, Mother North C Ana-Belle, Frank C, Itham Arman, Buster, Frosty, Joukahainen
Alliance Quests Franz, Kitty, Villiers Aderyn, Fawn
Tower Events Garnet, Milena Arges, Brontes, Sergei, Steropes Dante, Kornel, Morganite
Goblin Heroes Goldie
War of the Three Kingdoms Xiahou Dun General Yin, Li
Monster Hunter Heroes Cedar, Dawn, Greel

:warning: The available heroes’ list are not final.

Appearance Rates

• Rare Hero: 71.0%
  • Epic Hero: 26.5%
  • Legendary (Non Featured) Hero: 2.0%
  • Legendary Featured Hero: 0.5%

For each summoned Legendary Hero, you will get another non-featured Legendary hero as bonus.

:warning: The portal apperance rates are not final.

BONUS DRAW

• Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

Bonus Birthday Cake

Summon 10 or more a Bonus Birthday Cake !

The cake may contains following items:

• RARE and EPIC Ascension Materials
  • Limit Break Materials
  • Class Emblems
  • Trainer Heroes
  • Food Bundles

Cakes in stock: 25.

Summon Costs

The Summon Costs for Birthday Summon:

• Single Summon: 400 Gems
  • Summon x10: 3400 Gems
  • Summon x30: 9400 Gems

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

18 Likes

player’s or game’s birthday? :grin:

8 Likes

Prices are too high. 400/3400 gems

10 Likes

suspect that it’s 3600
 not 3400. Please check.

Another summon “extravaganza” making it 3 annually: this plus summer solstice and Black Friday. :laughing:

Times must be bad indeed. :laughing::laughing:

@PlayForFun : why is Ursena C excluded? Ariel C is included. Is there some sort of timeline ?

3 Likes

If it does end up being March, then the timing fills the Nov to Jun/Jul gap they currently have between Black Friday & Solstice events.

Then we get these 3 big extravaganza portals roughly every 4 months.

Until they add more of course.

Happy gaming! :cupcake:

4 Likes

Thx @PlayForFun for your hard work!

Based on these beta informations: This portal is more like an expanded version of covenant portal. The biggest difference is the drop rate of 5* and you can choose 3 featured heroes.

For the lists of featured heroes,

1. The 20 heroes lists are mainly selected based on the meta at the end of 2023, I hope they can include some latest OP heroes released in 2024, like Pepperflame.
  2. I found Starwalker and Sparklight appeared outside of the Black Friday portal. This suggests that you will have multiple chances to get these featured (usually OP) heroes before they are officially released together with their belonged events.
  3. In the case of Garten and Pophit, we probably can expect the return of gargoyle events.

For the non-featured heroes, they are just a mixed bag of heroes which reminds us of the 7 years of history of this game.

2 Likes

My thoughts:

• Out of the 20 non-featured heroes, Ursena, Odin, Moreau, Liz, Xnolphod, Kingston, Malosi, Telluria, Vela, Francine are so outdated and will probably go straight into SE if pulled.
  • That is 10/20 which means there is a good 1.0% chance that you will pull someone pretty much useless.
  • c.Drake Fong, c.GM, Dark Lord, Lidenbrock are serviceable but you don’t see them much.
  • So the only better quality ones are c.Ariel, Alucard, c.Krampus, c.MN, Garnet and Milena. 3 of them are from seasonal portal, which means it is much easier to obtain and many veteran players may already have them.
  • Featured hero chance at 0.5% is very unattractive, which means you have a very high chance of pulling someone useless
  • This is a worse portal than covenant portal IMO even though cost is the same

My suggestions:

• SG needs to add costumes for all with a costume. That will include Ursena, Moreau, Liz, Xnolphod, Francine from the list above. This will at least make them a bit more attractive.
  • SG needs to increase the featured hero chance from the pathetic 0.5% to 1.5% to match that for covenant portal which is 1.6%. This is an elite portal at 400 per pull and 3,400 per 10x, which is in line with covenant portal etc. So they need to improve the chance for players to grab the more coveted heroes
27 Likes

Is this Summon Portal scheduled at March? After refreshing the Fated Summon?

Agree with this. I really want a few of those featured heroes, but I don’t want to pull 4 useless non-featured for every 1 featured hero I want :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl: 0.5% feature hero, and there is 5 of them so like 0.1% each for chance of a feature hero. What a trap to lure ppl into think they are chasing feature hero but they are really chasing nothing :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice scam tho, bet many will fall for it anyways :joy::+1:

It is SG’s birthday, whales need to get they’re donations and offerings ready :rofl:

8 Likes

I dont get it, why are we able to pick featured heroes if chances are literally smallest at 0,5%
 Nonfeatured heroes are in 80% out of their prime years without those prized heroes not in the pool, which you didnt pick

2 Likes

thank you! this is what I came to this thread for: analysis on whether this portal will be worth it (for me), or if I should just save my gems for another portal!

:person_shrugging: I myself don’t summon enough for the “choose a featured hero” gimmick to ever be attractive. so even in Tavern, it is not a big draw for me.

1 Like

It can be only the game’s birthday as this portal will appear for the same time for everyone.

It should arrive somewhere in March.

2 Likes

Staff will annonunce it at the last days of February if it will arrive in March indeed.

If we are lucky, then V64 release notes will contains the date .

2 Likes

Was hyped when i read that featured list

Now with seeing the odds and the non featured this portal is very bad

Just wait for next few covenant portals where you get those prime heroes with better odds

2 Likes

I confirm to you, it’s indeed 3400 (in beat anyway ^^)

2 Likes

It is 3400 which is on pair will all other portals where a single pull is 400 gem.

Staff said in the live game the list of heroes will be different.

4 Likes

I fully agree with all you say. For me only 5 of the non-featured heroes are good enough to be of interest: Alucard, CAriel, CKrampus, Garnet, Milena (would be a copy). So that means 75% chance of the non-featured being useless. So that part of the portal is negligible.

One suggestion would be to change the bonus pull from being non-featured to being featured, so at least the bonus pull would be a high quality hero. It®s still not enough, but it would be a start

The way it is right now, this would be a far worse portal to pull from than most other portals. Not just covenant portal. I wonder if SG is counting on people not understanding the mechanics of this portal? The solstice/Black Friday portals are much better, so I would assume they also want this birthday portal to be a good one? One that gets a lot of hype around it rather than being ignored by everybody that checks odds before clickig the button.

2 Likes

Correct. The bonus draw of the 2nd 5* should be one of the 22 heroes, including 2 gargolye heroes + 20 heroes that can be selected as featured heroes. Most of the non-featured heroes are just not rewarding enough for players.

If SG wants to make players spend and pull, they’d better make the portal more attractive.

2 Likes