Decision Paralysis- What do I do?

Hello my beloved gamer friends!

I have been playing for a few months. Currently, I am at SH 14, training things up to complete missions and get closer to SH20 as soon as possible. Once I hit TC12 and quickly 13, I started running into the problem of having decision paralysis. There are too many heroes to train.

Currently, I use Tyrum, Hawkmoon, Ulmer, Bane, and Isshtak. I like this team except for Isshtak. He’s not so great but I’m not sure who to put in that spot.

Here is what I have:

Screenshot_20200723-095437_Empires

Currently, I am working on:

Red: Gormek-He’s my only red hero not fully leveled. Currently at 2-33 and will take time to get to 4-70.

Yellow: I’m finishing Gan Ju. He’ll be done soon and I’ll need another yellow hero to replace that gap.

Purple: I’m finish Oberon soon and then will work on Renfeld (3-1) as he’ll be my only purple hero left.

Blue: I’m working on Valen as I like to complete what I start. After him, I’m thinking Sonya and her costume as I will have 3 fully leveled 3* heroes with different roles on a team (support, all enemies, sniper). Then if I still have no other blue heroes, I’ll go back for Karil.

Green: I’m finishing Friar Tuck for similar reason as Valen…but am at a loss from there. Do I work on Melendor as he is 4* or Belith as she would be a good 3* replacement for Hawkmoon? Or is there a different hero that would balance out my roster better to fill up? Please advise.

Also, one fully leveled up: who do I emblem? Currently my thoughts:

Barbarian: Gormek as he is 4*
Cleric: Hawkmoon as she is my only option
Druid: Once I get someone there- I haven’t got a clue.
Fighter: I haven’t got a clue (options are Valen, Oberon, Renfeld)
Monk: Maybe Friar Tuck but I kinda want to keep them on Bane. Thoughts?
Paladin: Save for Sonya as she is 4*.
Ranger: Save for later as I’m not in love with Isshtak or Berden.
Rogue: Also saveas I’m not in love with Dawa or Carver.
Wizard: Ulmer as he my only option right now.
I have no sorcerers so they will be held until I get one.

Any other feedback would be great as well as strategy may not be my strongest suit sometimes and I’m still learning this ever growing game.

You’re off to a really good start, and you have a strategy that makes sense to me.

Red/yellow/purple you’ve got under control

Blue: Sonya is awesome and with costume she’s extremely versatile. I’m leveling a second one so I can have both dispel and cleanse when needed

Green: you will want both Belith and Melendor eventually. Since friar tuck gives you a 3* green healer you might want to start melendor. But you’re a little short on green firepower so :woman_shrugging: Berden is actually really good.

I wouldn’t be in a huge rush to spend emblems at your level. Takes a lot of resources.

1 Like

Using emblems does take time. I was at an odd impass where I was overflowing in iron and food but didn’t have farming resources to be able to make stuff in the Forges and struggling to work through the stories…so emblems were my solution.

I think the pause might be helpful in emblems. Thank you for the insight!

Tyrum, Bane, Hawkmoon (especially with costume) I still use in 3* events and tourneys. I never got around to leveling Ulmer, so I have no opinion on him.

You will be tempted to pull the emblems off Dawa as soon as you get a better Rogue, but I would recommend you leave them on her until you’re not using her for emblem trials any more (Survival and Shadows I think). She needs all the help she can get :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Agree that you are off to a good start. Here are my thoughts.

Do you have the four hidden blades you need to push him past 3^60? I get that you don’t have any other options in red, but if you get one, this is a consideration. BTW, I love Gormek still on my roster.

Finding good yellows below the five-star level is tough. The classics are all pretty underwhelming, so just level whatever you can find.

Again, he’s all you’ve got, but don’t hesitate to switch to someone like Balthazar, Chochin (S2), or Gill-Ra (S2) if you draw them. Renfeld without his costume isn’t much to write home about. The costume is a game-changer for him, though.

Good plan. Valen is a really good blue three-star, and Sonya (with or without costume) is a staple in my raid attack teams to this day.

Friar Tuck without his costume is very frustrating. Watching your heroes die just out of his heal range is maddening. (Again, his costume fixes this.) I guess you are close enough to go ahead and finish him, though. For your next, Belith is a great healer/dispeller (and her costume is also great!), but if you are looking to replace a hitter (Isstak, who isn’t great, as you say) I agree with @Tess_01 that Berden is the choice. Melendor was a game-changer for me when I got him, so when you have the shields, don’t hesitate to bring him up.

Yes, and don’t be tempted to try and boost his meager attack. It’s hopeless anyway. Turn him into a giant meat pile with def/HP. Mine is still at +20 along this path.

Was in that same boat for a while. She’s a good option (again, better with costume).

Belith, Brienne, and Melendor are all good choices here.

Valen is the answer, imo. The other two are significantly less useful.

Keep them on Bane, for sure.

In the interim, though, Tyrum (especially with costume, which I see you have) and Gunnar are both excellent homes for paladin emblems.

Try out Berden before you decide to hold them. Outside Tiburtus, the classics don’t give a lot of great ranger options.

Between the two, I’d probably do Carver, but you are right that these are not great options.

Be on the lookout for Balthazar, though.

Some great sorcerer options at the three-star level - Chochin, Gill-Ra, and Jahangir. Not so many (except Sabina) at the four-star level.

You are off to a great start, and your reasoning for your decision making sounds solid to me. I’d seek some feedback on By-Ulf; I don’t have him, but he looks interesting, and you do have questions about green priorities.

There are some really great points that I didn’t think to consider.

I do not have 4 blades…those are hard to get… :disappointed_relieved: Welp, I have about 74 levels before having to put him at a standstill. Who do I hope/aim for in this season just in case? Who should I give those poor red feeders if I don’t get 3 blades in time?

Basically, Gormek is a great tank in the game?

How many? I have a few but am not sure if I have enough?

Again, thank you so much for your help. I might focus on Berden and use any spare feeders on Melendor (or switch the script once I run out of options for some other colors).

1 Like

Well, you already have Nashgar maxed, which is good. Jahangir has his uses; although they decrease over time, I still have one that I bust out for three-star raid tournaments with the rush attack rule. In season 2, Namahage is a good option who is reasonably obtainable, and in season 3 (if you have access to that portal), Ei-Dunn is pretty well regarded. Rudolph and Squire Wabbit are great options, but they won’t be available again until Christmas and Easter, respectively. Bauchan, too, but you just missed your chance at him in Avalon.

Not long term, but I used him there for a while, and you probably can too. If you get a riposte hero like Boril, you can tank Boril with and flank with Gormek. He has relatively low defense, but a ton of HP, so he can take (and riposte) several hits without dying, and those hits will be harder because of his relatively low defense. Plus, he has good color synergy with Boril. (Would work with Cyprian, too, but no synergy there.) I still find him useful because he does his two jobs well - live and impose defense down for a lot of turns.

Four. For final ascension, all four-star heroes take one compass, one pair of fine gloves, and four of their element-specific material (blades for red, capes for blue, shields for green, trap tools for purple, and orbs for yellow).

I think that sounds like an excellent plan. As I said, the classic rangers are not that great, and I used Berden in ranger class trials far longer than I wanted to. (Hint: do as many pulls as you can comfortably muster at Christmas to get Buddy.)