Danzaburo - is he worth it?

@kwong79 I try not to, lol. Only time I even keep track of the snowflake is if it happens only once or twice.

Mine’s at +18, and he’s awesome. Glad to see him being appreciated.

1 Like

He’s such a badass, haters can walk away. I need a few more emblems to put mine from +18 to 19.

1 Like

Danza is quite fun to use but can be frustrating at times. Since I’ve got no other rogue othan than Scarlett and Marjana, I decided to emblem him to +3. He does dodge in freeze mode.
And while in freeze mode, his minor tiles damage does not go waste against the riposte.
Three freeze Danzaburo will kill an active riposte Cyprian in no time…lol.

2 Likes

Since I already have 2 maxed rogues and no maxed fighters, Danz took a back seat to Hu Tao. I think Hu would’ve been ascended even if I had maxed fighters since he did get buffed a few versions ago. I will max Danz soon though, he looks fun to use, but at 3-60 he’s almost useless to me now.

Not sure if it was a placebo effect but when I use him with mana control heroes like Li Xiu and Gato, he seldom turn into a snowflake.
Gato’s status aliment resistance wake him up too!

2 Likes

I have made a promise to myself, when I hit TC 20, if I do not get Domitia or another 5 star rogue out of there, then I am gonna divide the emblems between Danza and Kelile.

2 Likes

I wait for Joon from tc20 but he never turn up. Instead of keep waiting, I decided to max Danzaburo up to +3 emblem and he become the tank of my last team in AW. So far so good.
Another was Anzogh. I waited a month for Marjana with zero result. The moment I maxed Anzogh to 4 80, Marjana just pop up.
I guess Danzaburo is quite unpredictable as the game itself. Surprises and disappointments in one package.

2 Likes

Danza has two reliable elements. His ‘good’ specials (swords and bottle) always effect all enemies or all allies. If he fires right it is an absolute bonus. His ‘bad’ (freeze) special never has any negative effect on other team members. The second reliable element is his tile damage and good health. I treat Danza as a slow hero I am careful to put him with fast hitters to support his randomness. As a side note, I maxed Danza with Onathel, Justice, Chao and Wu with emblems stacking on yellow to make a mean team that can raid in the diamond arena with success. The combined tile damage is phenomenal and the team skill support each other so well that the randomness becomes less relevant. A board with a few yellow tiles can destroy a strong team… But you do get those boards with almost no tiles and the team chokes. But the fun to see how this team destroys powerful heroes is fun to watch. So Danza definitely get a thumbs up from me.

10 Likes

So @Armless and @Noble_Weasel:
You think Danzaburo would be better emblemed with defense rather than attack? If so, please explain. Danza is just so topsy turvy. :upside_down_face:

I started with attack/defense for her…but I’m used to leveling direct attack heros like Evelyn and Frida and Namahage. So maybe I need to be thinking differently about Danza.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Danza alot and have given her +3 and if I need to be thinking about her differently then I need to adjust my tint, color and depth perception of her. She can shine so brightly, I’ve just got to wear shades. :sunglasses::wink:

Danzaburo is a girl?

2 Likes

I’ve always thought of her as a girl…also a chubby toddler. :blush: That’s why she flakes 1/3 of the time. She gets lucky with those swords though…it’s amazing she doesn’t hurt herself. And the bottle!? Well you know toddlers, they just can’t give 'em up. :wink:

1 Like

I’d go defence on IT!

2 Likes

IMO he’s not worth it.
I’ve maxed him as soon as I got him because he seemed like a lot of fun to play with but now I never use him. He might be used in war only if I used every other yellow (exept Hu Tao - he’s ever worse…).
His special, even if it fires, rarely changed the outcome of battles for me and when frozen is just useless, so I’d rather have almost anyone else to do something that to risk it - especially in raids and wars when many, many times “that one special” determines the outcome of the match.
If you have no choice in leveling yellows than go for it (but that is really the case for all terrible hero’s - I know what I’m talking about - I’ve maxed Gobbler…) but if you have Chao, Li Xiu or any event hero, than in my opinion they are better.

1 Like

Yeah. If I don’t get Joon or any goody holy hero, I’ll go D/H with Danza. Ignore his freeze. The other 2 special is belong to the legendaries. His single sword play follow by a skull from the equally unpredictable Rumpelstiltskin’s will probably able to win a battle I am resigned to lose.

1 Like

My understanding is that he’s based on this character from Japanese lore; hence, a male.

Since I was using him as a tank, I went all def/HP. @ModernThinker recently pointed out to me, though, that there are 8 attack nodes on the rogue tree, so if you aren’t using him as a tank, attack could be the way to go.

As I’ve mentioned in a few threads - including earlier in this one - at the time I was using Danza more extensively, the most important thing he could do for me was not die. This was when I was just building my first four-star rainbow team. Those things are what guided my choices. His base stats do kinda argue for more defense, but his class tree argues for attack.

2 Likes

Danza II is now being fed while waiting for mats for bringing a 5* to final ascension. I plan to use both on a final war team since that should ensure at least one of the good specials close 90% of the time when they charge.

He has a random angle which bothers some people more than others. Now that my bench is deep and my focus is on mana control he comes out for wars and raid tournaments, with two Danzas I feel that the randomness will be less problematic…

1 Like

Just completed #2 today :laughing: I’d love to get 3 more and max them all for a mono-Danza team

7 Likes

I used hum in the previous tournament. He froze 5 times in a row. That’s ridiculous. His skills should be changed.

Paired with Rumpelstiltskin and Danza is quite fun to use as both are unpredictable.
Used them both in war today and he freezes twice. He pulled the sword on the 3rd count right after Rumpel’s skull and won me the battle I am resigned to lose.

1 Like