šŸ”± Costumed Misandra ā€“ 5* Ice/Blue Costume from Season 2

Wow, I didnā€™t even notice it, thatā€™s just sad

Yā€™all surprise me.

C. Misandra has the potential to mana control four heroes immediately at fast speed, and yā€™all are saying sheā€™sā€¦ useless? Not good?

Most heroes can only mana control one @ fast. Sheā€™s like a fast speed Alfrikeā€¦ Just with a chance, vs guaranteed (warranted, since ya know, fast vs very slow)

Sure, sheā€™s not broken - doing insane damage and/or a handful of other skills - like most heroes released nowadays, but hell yeah, sheā€™s still good. Mana / mana control is, and will always be, useful in some way.

So wtf, is it now only OP, or straight to the highway, for some people or something?!

Cuz wtf, I donā€™t ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  get it.

18 Likes

Sheā€™s got exactly the same odds (42%) as regular Misandra and e.g. Poppy. If this 42% would be any good and reliable, the regular Misandra should have been a very good hero back in her days (just with her mana gain to all at fast speed). But she was always mediocre. I donā€™t have Misandra, but have Poppy and use her in 3* raid tournament and I can see, that this 42% is just a lottery. Itā€™s usually 1 or 2 hits, rarely more (unless I met Poppy on defense, then itā€™s 99% 4 shots).

That being said - disabling one or two heroes is really handy. We can see it with Kullervo. Sheā€™s a good hero and when we will met her on the def team, she will surely be a source of frustration.

As I write above, I do agree that sheā€™s indeed a good/solid hero! But sheā€™s not more than that. To be fair, sheā€™s nothing like a fast speed Alfrike. Thereā€™s a measly 0.42^3 = 7.4% chance of giving mindless to four heroes (and thatā€™s without calculating in clerics/monk resist of potential targets and repeated targets. The latter reduces the chance dramatically since thereā€™s only 2 potential non-hit targets left if youā€™re lucky enough to hit 3 different enemies in the first place). I wouldnā€™t really rely on that in battle. Sure, itā€™s nice when it happens. But more often than not she will ā€œjustā€ do 280% damage and give mindless to the target.

Yes, I know, her main purpose is inflicting mindless on the targets but Iā€™d still like to point out that her expected damage output is very low for her speed. Itā€™s only 280% + 0.42 * 140% + 0.42^2 * 140% + 0.42^3 * 140% = 374% (which is 4 seperate hits rather than 1. As the damage output curve is exponential 4 hits summing to 374% will result in a lower damage output than 1 hit of 374%.)
Most fast heroes do 300%+ to 3.

Instead of comparing to Alfrike whoā€™s mechanic is very different, letā€™s compare her to Kullervo, whoā€™s much closer in terms of special skill function.

cMisandra will charge in 7 tiles with mana troops and inflicts an expected damage output of ca. 374% (in reality lower cf. above) and inflicts mindless on an expected 1 + 1 * 0.42 + 2 * 0.42^2 + 3 * 0.42^3 = ~ 2. And in reality itā€™s actually lower since I have not taking account hits on targets already hit cf. above.

Kullervo will charge in 9 tiles (with a potential of charging in 8 with magic/styx troops + a bard hero) and inflicts an expected damage output of ca. 300% + 470% = 770% and inflicts mindless on 2 enemies. On top of this, Kullervoā€™s mindless attack is uncleansable on dark enemies and last 2 turns longer.

So for 1/2 more tiles, youā€™ll do significantly more damage, get those 2 mindless attack for certain, and the mindless attack becomes uncleansable and lasts 2 turns longer if applied to a dark enemy.

I know who Iā€™d pick.

But again: Not saying sheā€™s not good - sheā€™s a solid hero! But taking into account that sheā€™s a new hero, and based on the release history of the heroes in the past year, sheā€™s just not THAT good relatively speaking.

EDIT: So watching how Misandra works and assuming that the same holds for cMisandra, the hits cannot consecutively hit the same enemy (unless taunt is active or last man standing). This means that the chances are

1 enemy inflicted by mindless attack ā†’ 100%.

2 enemies inflicted by mindless attack ā†’ 42%.

3 enemies inflicted by mindless attack ā†’ 13.2% (0.42^2 * 0.75 = 13.2%. Thereā€™s only 3 (75%) of the potential targets to hit who does not have mindless attack already at this point).

4 enemies inflicted by mindless attack ā†’ 3.7% (0.42^3 * 0.5 = 3.7%. Thereā€™s only 2 (50%) of the potential targets to hit who does not have mindless attack already at this point).

So 4 enemies inflicted by mindless attack is just slightly better odds than pulling a 5* in the current S2 portal :slight_smile:

Taking into account these probabilities in my calculations above reduces cMisandras expected infliction of mindless to less than 2.

7 Likes

I can see this hero works better on defense. Especially in wars.

Offensively, there are so many great blue hit-3ā€™s and with Persus costume, you can easily kill 3 opponents with 7-tiles. No need to cast mindless attack on them.

On offense, If I have this hero, Iā€™d use her as a supporting attack in a 3-2 formation. Pair with a fast or avg speed blue healer. Potentially give you 3 additional turns to get the primary color tiles.

Personally I find mindless one of the best abilities in the game.
Especially now with so many killer heroes that needs to be shut down.
I would bring her as a fail-safe if my own kill-team does not get the tiles.
Then I can shut down at least one, and maybe even more, with only 7 tiles.

This might give me time to charge my kill-team to handle the business.

Misandra is never expected to kill anybody, but to save your team.
But, that said, I will ascend Tinsel (who I was lucky enough to get) first.

2 Likes

As much as her skill is tempting, I am still processing the idea of her being a good fit for defense. Her chance to his more than one target is technically ~2 based on pure stats. But back in the days she as a defender mostly used to hit only target and that once in a 100 chance, she would do a 4 hit. So I am not really sold on her 42%.

She will be great for offense where we can control the targets, but with mindless being easily negated by clerics and monks she can be ineffective as a defender. I may be wrong, but I have not seen the Kullervo threatening but mostly as an inconvenience.
I like shifting mindless of pets though as it is fun.

I think itā€™s always hard to quantify the value of this type of Hero (with a percentage chance to be great). I wrote a post about Costumed Misandra on my blog for those interested. I also compare her with the other MA Heroes we currently have.

Thank you.

Here are my thoughts on the Misandra costume. I think sheā€™s very exciting!

2 Likes

Those who donā€™t like her (including myself), has no confidence in the 42% chance (aka RNG). Those who like her believe in the potential of hitting up to 4 with mindless attack at fast. The logic behind each opinion is straight forward and valid and I donā€™t think either side can convince the other.

For those who love her, all the best to your pulls! May RNG always be on your side.

3 Likes

Firstly, to get it straight, I wasnā€™t directly responding to you (nor anyone here), but more the overall tone displayed in this entire thread (almost 100% negative). People will stumble in here - with their brand new C. Misandra - and assume sheā€™s not good due to this sort of feedbackā€¦ and personally, I find that 100% unwarranted.

(I do appreciate the breakdown though - good info :+1:)

Personally, Iā€™d love to pull her costume! Iā€™d always been a fan of original Misandra (I have her) and only within the last year or so, quit using her entirely (but thatā€™s also partly to do with I just started maxing my 5ā€™s). You can never have enough mana / mana control in your roster, imo.

Comparing to Poppy, sheā€™s still a favorite 3* among many. & Considering there is no other fast hero that can even mana control two heroes at once (let alone, up to four) - with mindless attack, mind you, that removes all of the mana - I think C. Misandra is quite awesome. Very well-balanced.

ā€¦Itā€™s most of the other heroes released nowadays that arenā€™t :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Lol I love how you made a forum account simply to post this comment; Iā€™m flattered :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for the support :kissing_heart: Have a great day

6 Likes

Great Hero BUT. I honestly cannot believe that they didnt feature her on release 0.3% divided by all S2 non featured heroesā€¦??? How many thousands of pulls would you need to get her! Its mental. Sheā€™s rarer than steak tartar ;?)

2 Likes

the yellow kalevala can mana control 2 at fast speed

oh i just checked hes average, my bad, but im just saying waddles is better, he can refresh the mindless attack

Same, the costume looks awesome, lol. I am OK with her hitting 1-2 targets on average per hit; mana control is just generally amazing

To expand on this, and to use an example, Waddles is my only fast mana controller. I tried to experiment NOT using him in raids (just wanted to try something different), and each time I did so I massively regretted not bringing him on because anyone else I brought on simply could not replace the awesomeness of mana control lolā€¦

So Misandra costume: no brainer, I would be extremely happy with her

2 Likes

Very Stoked to snag her from coin pulls. Until I saw they needed her additional hits to minor. Still useful I think, but that was a crippling blow

Mindless is still an amazing skill, at fast is great, and potential for multiple hits is fantastic! Just a little bummed they needed the damage aspect, which definitely wasnā€™t too strong to begin with. Still a great costume!

She is still awesome! Mindless attacks drive me crazy! Wish I can pull her! She is not a damage dealer but she can disable half of the team!
I just wish they kept the hits with regularly full damage instead of minor.

A great hero but does have drawbacks. At high lvl, with 7-tiles, you can confirm kill with 3 blue stack. Why bother mindless.

She currently fits as a support off-color dps.

On defense she shines more but todayā€™s meta is blue tank. One day if green tank, I suspect costume Misandra will shine

Iā€™ll join in on the ā€œanyone who thinks she sucks is crazyā€ bandwagon, because this costume is incredible. I reset her because I needed the emblems, but Iā€™d take her back to 4-80-18 in a heartbeat if I got the costume.

2 Likes