📯 Costumed Almur – New Season 3 Costume – 4* Nature/Green: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 costume is released: Costumed Almur

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Almur, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Almur.

Costumed Almur

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Barbarian
F
Fast
1%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75
+1 Costume
4/80
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 3 Svartalheim
Image Aether Power Description
dodge Dodge At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% chance to dodge Special Skills that deal damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Brittling Burst
  • Deals 290% damage to the target.
  • Reduces the mana of the target by 20%.
  • The target gets -58% defense against Nature for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Defense is decreased to 634 from 644.
  • Health is increased to 1348 from 1337

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 3 of Season 3 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Almur ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Almur.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Almur and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Almur worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Almur on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Almur ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Almur as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Almur Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Almur’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Almur and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Almur, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Almur when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Almur, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Almur (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Almur), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Almur (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Almur worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Almur would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Almur’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Mana Cutter
  • Defense Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Almur compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Almur’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Almur’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Almur is better ?

• Normal Almur
  • Costumed Almur

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Almur worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Almur is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Almur is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Almur worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Almur then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

2 Likes

Costume good for titans if you don’t have Fogg. Other than that I’d use the regular one

8 Likes

I like Almur and use him a lot, in 4* tournaments, challenges and titans. I even used limit break on him.
This costume doesn’t had any value.

3 Likes

A good heroe for titans, I’m happy with it costume :blush:

1 Like

If you had 5* EDD, Almur was pretty useless besides mono green teams or no red 4* tournaments. His damage output was really low by himself
I think this costume is actually improvement

2 Likes

Although costume specials do not provide a significant value, stats increase on regular version are welcome, since he is used a lot in war offense, even by players in competitive alliances.

2 Likes

Fogg hit only one. Unless you have Evelyn that hits three, it leads to better results to pair Almur with some of the many 5* Nature hit-3 heroes than Fogg.

1 Like

Or to use 5* that actually hits 3 and then another one for the same effect but better stats and some other useful ability

1 Like

Can you give examples? I have Frigg, C Francine, C Caedmon. They all have better stats and the total hit is not as strong as the hit when you replace any of these three with Almur and you hit first with him.

2 Likes

Looks for titan purpose, mini cheap fogg

3 Likes

Ok, we agree Almur is a budget hero

1 Like

Definitely. But he and Evelyn are also (to my knowledge) the only hit-3 elemental defense down for nature. So if you don’t have Evelyn, I don’t think there is another hit-3 for Nature to maximize the effect of the many hit-3 Nature heroes.

2 Likes

Vanilla chao with green EDD

I only now noticed that the costume bonus is only 3%-3%-6%-1%. Shiishhh! Another level of cheap from Zynga.

Just got this lazy costume, what a shame.
Low attack to one, mana cut (lol) and just EDD to 3 turns?
Since this char can be used just for titans, idk why is so lame.
Change his EDD for normal def down for 4 turns at least.

Well you get a nice stats boost to the original one especially that he will be more useful with the new proposed change to max health reduction.

Congrats on pulling the costume!

1 Like

Reminds me of regular Chao. And I used to have fond memories using him back in the day. He does a lot and wins matches with just a mana cut