Built barracks on mine HELP – If I convert my barracks back to a mine, what will happen to my troops?

Before SH upgrade was released I foolishly converted a mine into my barracks. I am now struggling for iron.

If I convert my barracks back to a mine, what will happen to my troops? There is no way I want to lose them.

I would like one of my forges to be my new barracks but when I press on convert the option to convert to a barracks is not given. Is this because I still have my original barracks? Or is it because at SH23, I can’t convert a forge to a barracks? I don’t want to convert my barracks back to a mine if I won’t then have the option of converting one of my forges to my new barracks.

Hope this quandary makes sense.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks.

Changing your barracks back to a mine won’t affect your troop levels. I’ve changed my barracks back and forth and it didn’t change anything

The barracks option should pop up once you change your current barracks back

1 Like

Just convert your barracks to a mine. You won’t lose your troops, you just won’t be able to level them up until you convert a forge into barracks. The only requirement for that is to have a free builder.

2 Likes

It’s sorted.

Many thanks Leonidas and D_DI.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, here is an older “main” discussion thread on converting the barracks:

Also a “master” of sorts: