Azlar or Jean-Francois

You would class me as a P2P but for me, getting a 5 star over an economical 4 star is a bad day!

Then you’re not optimizing being a P2P, but tell that to Hel vs Proteus, Evelyn vs Almur, Marjana vs Kelile, Heimdall vs costumed Kashhrek, Athena vs Grimm, Guinevere vs Li Xiu, Alfrike vs Merlin, etc. If you prefer getting and maxing 4 star heroes over better 5 star ones in your roster, be my guest. I can’t force myself on you how to enjoy the game.

1 Like

I maxed jf and swaped him for colen who was a +7 but ain’t seen much difference in my defence but offence his good his burn and other stuff really can help you. I’d max him before azlar iv got a alzar but no idea if I’m going to start on the lion anytime soon.

1 Like

Thank you all!
As I said before. I like to go on Azlar (look powerful body:smiley:, had initial damage… )
But I just want to know will JF have big change on his max level or few emblemed or not. Because for now, I don’t like him so much (just 3-70 now). If we dont have much change I will go with Azlar

1 Like

To add to this I have a max emblemed Colen vs a maxed Azlar and the emblemed Colen is better in most areas (I think the DOT might be a bit weaker) but he also has the huge benefit of revive as part of his class. So I take him on my A mono red team. He also has the added benefit of being able to be included in 4* tournaments, and he shines in 4* rush (pretty good in 5* rush too)

1 Like

If you don’t have many emblems for Azlar then I would suggest max & emblem Colen and he becomes even more effective than max Azlar, and usable in more places. JF is a very good strategic hero

I agree with a few of these points, particularly around slow heroes. Slow heroes get no love these days, but my main anti-Tel team has BT, Grazul, Colen+20, Sumle+20 and G Falcon. Colen and Sumle are slow - but they are absolutely the best reds to add to the other 3 ahead of Wilbur+20, Gormek, Kelile, Lancelot, and Azlar (Colen vs Azlar I have covered in another post). I get around a 70% success rate against Tel teams with this combination (lower than my other mono teams, but GT and GV defenses are tricky (usually try to avoid the full GTV unless there’s a lot of ham and iron as a lure))

I see. Currently, I try to max Colen now. Just confused about JF, but I think I not a fan of him, maybe just keep him in defense team only
Thank you!

So if you have a LOT of emblems to take Azlar past his max, then Azlar would be of value. If you only have a small number of emblems for him then a maxed Colen will be superior in which case you don’t need Azlar at all and JF is a clear winner.

For comparison purposes colen 4/70 (20) vs Azlar 4/80 (0)
Attack 832 vs 793 (Colen wins)
Defense 607 vs 607 (tie)
Health 1234 vs 1322 (Azlar wins)
Special damage 180% vs 205% (Azlar wins, although its close as Colen’s base attack is higher)
Special DOT 378 vs 360 (Colen slight win)
Plus the large chance of revive at death for Colen (Colen wins)

Azlar’s costume would change all of that of course…

3 Likes

LOL. And also embleming Azlar.

Of course, all epic heroes tend to have a better edge when maxed emblemed against its maxed but unemblemed legendary counterpart. But most, if not all, 4* hero cannot outclass a maxed 5 star hero with +20 talent, even if that 4* hero has +20. Of course, there is also this premise that emblem, food and iron cost giving talents to legendaries are very very expensive.

As for Fighter emblems, maybe it is cool you place a lot of those to your Colen. Some players won’t use them on him (I also have maxed my Colen, apart from Azlar and Jahangir) as they have other better heroes of that class, i.e. Delilah, Boltusk, Magni, Panther, Poseidon, Kingston, etc.

1 Like

I have Delilah at node 18 of fighter.
And now start putting emblems to Elena-Costume, but Elena will benefit from Rogue class instead of her original fighter…

Dodging the direct damage skill and no need to revive with 1 HP.