Atlantis family defense bonus

So I have a fully leveled Proteus and I am about to ascend Ariel for her fourth ascension…
So here is what I am wondering. Would pairing them and possibly adding Gadeirus on a defense team be worth it to get the +10% defense buff? (I’m also considering pursuing Poseiden when he comes up again to add another 5% if I could ever pull him.)

Any thoughts? I know a lot depends on other heroes in my roster, but I guess I’m just wondering how much does the defense bonus really help.

2 Likes

Ariel and Proteus are great heroes and would do great in PvP havent leveled or faced Gadeirus in raids so dont know how is he
But i believe it will work fine

Hello. I got the full team. Ariel and posiedon on ascending level 4 and talent in protous, triton, and gaderius… just with the family bonus it allows me to compete in the diamond level. Very selective in the opponent. Triton is the weakest defense of all. If more emblem is added to the 4 star I think they can survive longer

1 Like

I may have to try it out. That defense bonus is hard to resist.

duplicate heroes works , i am thinking to use Triton - Proteus - Gaderius - Proteus - Triton at *4 raid tournament.

for *5 , i am leaning to Eve - Ariel - Poseidon - Ariel - Kage ( yellow mono tank in my alliance )

1 Like

Oh didn’t think about duplicates. I have another proteus i could level…

Duplicates don’t work.

1 Like

aw well there goes that idea for some quick defense lol

Triton>Gaderius>Poseidon >Ariel>Proteus. That would be a nasty defense in AW when field aid is in effect.

Screenshot_20190518-085202_Empires
Duplicates doesnt work
It says unique hero and some reported a bug i believe long time ago that they weren’t getting the bonus but was solved by saying it needs to be different hero

ah good to know if it didnt work anymore , it was working , i dont notice if it fixed

Last 3 alliance war no one really attack my defense… which one should be the tank out of all 5…now ursena is out… which one is better tank?
Thank.

My question is how much team strength is hidden in a family bonus? My team power is just shy of 4000 when I’m running Triton-Ariel-Poseidon together for a 10% def buff. All three are emblemed, too, with good troops. For example, Ariel is +4 and with lvl 10 crit troops she has a defense of 934 PLUS 10% (93). So a total defense of 1027. Triton and Proteus both get buffed into the 800s on defense.

What is that ‘worth’? It seems like a great bonus to me…

I already take Proteus and Mnesseus into most fights and that family bonus is what enables me to survive a lot longer with Proteus even though I have him emblemed for defense with a defense troop. That extra defense from the family bonus on top of the already existing defense helps out imo. I do not have enough Atlantean heroes to see if the +20% is worth it.

Got melina 3/50 mnessnse 3/50 gadeirus 4/54 triton 4/66 proteus 3/24
Ariel 1/1
Will have an full Atlantis team soon even it 3* n 4*
I’ll do a raid or two with some of them see how it goes!

1 Like

I have the full team and I’m curious how it would do as a defensive team. Team is still work in progress and need to ascend them but plan would be to set it up like this. Has anyone else tested this % the 20% defensive buff?

Potential Defense worth it?: Ariel-Ursena-Gaderius-Poseidon-Proteus

My thinking is: if I emblem Prot & Gad to 20 emblems, and they get the 20% defensive buff from family bonus, they will be on Par with other 5 Star hero’s? I wonder if the 20% is enough to justify making it a defensive team.

Curious about peoples thoughts on this.

I’ve had Ursena, Ariel, and Proteus on a team together. The bonus isn’t a huge game changer it seems like, but there have been plenty of times when they survived that big hit I thought would take them out and lasted long enough to get their special off or be healed and get back in the fight.

I run Triton-Ariel-Proteus and at +4 and lvl 9 4* crit troop + family bonus…Ariel’s defense is 1028. Another 10% would push her defense to 1121.

So yeah. It’s the best family bonus if you ask me. You’ve got the right heroes, too. Gad is the only weak point really at slow speed.

2 Likes