Are any of these 5* heroes worth the mats for max tier?

Captain Sargasso, Aeron, Lady Locke and Elkanen. Or should I wait for a better heroes?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aeron, Locke definitely. I got Elkenen as well leveled. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t feel comfortable answering without knowing more about what heroes you already have and/or where you see a lack. Elkanen was my second 5* green (after I had already maxed Horghall) and I thought he was great as I needed speed. He’s less attractive now as I now have Lianna and Telluria – as an example.

So, what do you already have leveled up? Are you looking for offense or defense?

3 Likes

It’s for my war teams. Elkanen is my first green 5* but not impressed by his special. Pretty weak and selfish. Other three are good but not great too. Doesnt hold a candle to Ursena or Lianna :slight_smile:

1 Like

I vote Lady locke. Definitely not aeron, costume rigard is significantly cheaper and gives +attack.

Other ones… eh, I personallly would hold off my mats on all of them.

6 Likes

Elkanen is getting a costume. Could make her worth maxing… possibly.

1 Like

Lady Locke is definitely worthy. 5 star cleansers are few and far between.
Sargasso and Aeron are both solid choices but neither are game changers.
Elkanen is probably a last resort if no better options available. He takes a hit but doesn’t do much damage.

5 Likes

Locke also has crazy high attack stats which makes her great for titans… I love how her damage increases each turn. She’s been fun to use on S3 stages.

5 Likes

Lady Locke with the high attack damage. Plus she dots three and it’s a decent drain on the enemy

3 Likes

Lady Locke is great and worth your Tonic. if you have spare, maybe Aeron. and if you have nothing else to do with plenty of material available, then Sargasso and Elkanen.

1 Like

All except the Captain.

Unless you’re an active $$ player, those three heroes are still very good. Not great, but certainly solid and very useful

3 Likes

I second what Halifax said, you have to play the heroes you have, and if you’re not going to spend big, they are solid.

He’s my second green 5*, and I have no idea when another will come along, so he gets what I have to get to that last level - especially since I have no other green heroes to save up for - except for another copy of him.

1 Like

Locke!

High tile attack, very useful DoT and 5* cleanse… Very few nature hero’s have cleanse, not many 5* fullstop do.

Yes she’s squishy, but you can work with that.

2 Likes

then again, I had elkanen for a year, and kadilen for half a year; they were the only two green 5 star heroes I had; I didn’t ascend them.

But since febuary, I ended up getting Morgan Le Fay, Heimdall, Telluria AND Lianna. With my 16 tonics, I can’t even ascend all of them even after Easter and rare nature quest that’s coming up.

I’d be crying if I wasted 12 tonics on elk and kad.

3 Likes

Congratulations on your excellent luck. I am basically a non-spender with mediocre luck, so I don’t have access to heroes like that.

If I didn’t spend materials on Kadilen & Elkanen who are my 2 Green 5* heroes, or other base heroes that weren’t great, I’m pretty sure I would’ve figured out that there was no reason for me to keep playing this game, as I’d have basically been stuck with 4* heroes.

Everyone has to make their own decisions.

2 Likes

In my honest opinion it’s a 100% yes to Aeron, Elkanen and Lady Locke but I would hold on Captain for now
Good luck

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your replies and time, I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Good luck - and reminder to all reading this in a similar situation to make sure you have 2 solid three-star teams and 3 solid 4star teams before working on those 5stars.

The threes and fours put your team in position to do well in tournaments and events and help your team in war do cleanups which helps to earn more and better mats to help you make those 5stars more useful when you get around to ascending them.

3 Likes

If I may add to this, my concept of this game is that everyone should strive for 2 three-star teams, 3 four-star teams and 5 five-star teams, and them emblem the hell out of them. Anything else is luxury and unnecessary to complete every aspect of this game.

But, and this is very important, only work on those heroes that you can maximize uninterrupted, not those you need to wait on mats. This is a good tool to pace yourself and focus only on heroes you have, you can maximize, and can really help you. No matter how good Hel is, at 3.70 she is not better than a maxed Proteus, especially after you start embleming him.