Alliance War Strategy Guide

A post was merged into an existing topic: Having a hard time winning raids? Try this

Subject
War Rule

One of the things about war rules, is they get more effective the less heroes you have. So by loading your defense team with matching specials, you increase the chances of a surviving hero taking advantage of the war rule.

Attack Boost

Attack Boost is similar to the attack boost you get after 5 minutes when raiding. Use your normal raid defense for Attack Boost.

Corner Snipers

Corner fast mana speed snipers are powerful since the Revenge Bar was replaced by Arrow Barrage eliminating the healer in the corner strategy.

Corner heroes get the most boost from War rules since they are often the last hero left and are hard to hit with matching/ tile damage.

Fast mana speed corner snipers benefit from Field Aid - keeps them alive - and Attack boost/ Arrow barrage - amplifies their special skill.

Field Aid

If you have two corner snipers and three center healers, whenever a healer dies, the other healers become more powerful since Field Aid speeds up.

If they target the corner snipers, the healers can become invincible in later war energy.

If they target the flank healers the corner snipers can charge up and pick off their heroes.

This is especially effective if your alliance coordinates the color of center and flanks. So all centers are one color and all flanks are the anti- anti- color. This means if they go triple strong against your center, they are triple weak against both flanks. If they go triple strong against both flanks, they are triple weak against the center.

Example
All center Hawkmoon - red - with Belith flanks - red’s anti color is blue and green is blue’s anti color. Most likely to be attacked with 2x Blue and 2x Red meaning a bad board would hurt more since they re missing two colors. One they run out of Blue and Red attackers, the defense become even more powerful.

Arrow barrage

A center healer, two corner snipers and two attack all / Splash damage heroes means whenever a hero dies, the arrow barrage speeds up.

This is especially effective if your alliance coordinates the color of center and flanks. So all centers are one color and all flanks are the anti- anti- color. This means if they go triple strong against your center, they are triple weak against both flanks. If they go triple strong against both flanks, they are triple weak against the center.

Example
All center Belith - green - with Valen flanks - green’s anti color is red and blue is red’s anti color. Most likely to be attacked with 2x Red and 2x Green meaning a bad board would hurt more since they re missing two colors. One they run out of Blue and Red attackers, the defense become even more powerful.

19 Likes

That was very nicely done. Thank you for the write-up
Now I just got to get my team to read it

1 Like

How many hits is it before field aid kicks in

So true… You’re firing off specials and need to keep an eye on the field aid bar because all hurt is undone when it fires :confounded:. Hitting Flee then becomes your best option.

It Takes 7 rounds to fill the bar. Number of rounds is reduced by the number of dead Heroes of the defensing team.

E.g. 3 Heroes dead, 4 rounds.

1 Like

I’m really new here and to the game…I assume a “tank” is a defensive minded hero who just renews themselves and their team mates. What is a flank? If it’s a defensive team…what difference does it make if you have 5 blues or 5 reds? On offense, your putting 3-5 shields or circles together causes no damage when you don’t have a hero of that color but on defense, does it matter? Put another way, wouldn’t it be better to have 5 kirils or other “tanks” instead of having 4 kirils and a Bane?

This is a great thread to help you understand raid and war team set ups

This thread will help you understand the importance of team building

And a final one, for titans - which will help explain team composition

7 Likes

We had two opponents left before re-setting the board but two weak teams were reviving within 8 minutes and we had lots of players online.

We had the members wait until those two weak one revived so all four could be killed (we had 15 minutes before a strong team revived). We succeeded.

One of our members is asking why we waited to re-set. I’ve tried to explain but I’m not sure I’ve done a good enough job.

Is anyone able to make it more clear, for his understanding?

He’s going to be reading this thread :smile:

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. We do a similar tactic.

The point of alliance wars is to strategize as an alliance to achieve the highest score. Typically, an opponent will have some strong teams and some less strong teams.

One strategy to optimize points is to kill the less strong teams and allow them to regenerate for another kill. This avoids a potential failed attack on a stronger opponent as you attack someone you are more apt to win against.

By waiting, you were allowed to kill the less strong teams more times. For example, they were already killed once. Waiting allowed you to kill them again (twice) and then get them again (three) before facing a more strong team where the potential of losing the war attack is more likely.

A common strategy is to identify those teams you feel will be easier targets and then kill them only. You can then wait the respawn time (6 hours this time) and kill them again. You can then wait the respawn time (8 hours now) and then try to kill the whole field. If successful, they respawn again immediately and you can try to kill the whole field again. If successful, now would be a good time to battle the “easier targets” to maximize points.

There are variations to that strategy, but it’s a common one. What I shared is what my alliance does - we try to identify about 10 “weaker” targets. @princess1 can probably share a story with you when she faced my alliance and the strategy worked pretty well. :wink:

6 Likes

I only remember our victories… defeats are much like childbirth - best forgotten quickly :smile:

6 Likes

This does not apply to one man bands apparently, respawning is instantaneous and 1500 points are at stake each time you get flipped.

They are instantaneous in a one-war situation as the entire field is defeated (which consists of one person). So the rules still apply - this is just a unique case.

1 Like

We ended up winning with 300+ points but those 80 extra points could have made the difference in a closer battle. All flags used by both alliances.

I always respect an opponent that uses all their flags!

5 Likes

I flipped my opponent three times and he just up and quit. Victory by 4502 pts. So much for 5*'s being able to thrash ascended 4*s on defence.

Today we managed to coordinate our 2nd 3 flags for a total respawn of all opponents. This strategy works very well, if there are many weaker players in your ally. They can wipe almost dead teams with their flags. Afterwards stronger players can score again…

Clip of taking out the last standing, the flip itself and 3 cool attacks. Minor visual bug where already dead teams show up being still attacked.

2 Likes

I just won by 2670 using nothing more than new 7DD tactics with an identical war score

1 Like

Can I ask what the best colour would be for the whole alliance tank colour co-ordination in war. We currently use Yellow but it’s not having great results. Thanks

That would entirely depend on what your alliance mates have to choose from.

(If they all have a maxed Gwen in their rosters, I’d say yellow is probably the best … likewise, if they all have a maxed Ariel, blue sounds like a good choice …)

We change from war to war, so that everybody will be able to set up their favorite tank/def from time to time.

Imo dark and holy are the best options, since the same color will be weak.

Nature, ice and fire are also good options.

Main goal is to weaken all opponents on the strong color to make them struggle a little bit on the 2nd 3 flags.

Just find the color, where all of your ally members can field decent tanks.

To swap arround will also expose inactive and lazy members.

2 Likes