👺 Acidfire - 5* Dark / Purple from Goblin Village

New Goblin Village hero is released: Acidfire

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Acidfire, as well as your thoughts on Acidfire.

Acidfire

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Sorcerer
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1114 1034 1729
4/90 1275 1183 1978
Origin Family
Goblin Village Goblin
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
40% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill
- Deals 90% damage to all enemies.
- All enemies get -25% accuracy for 3 turns.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Poisonous Mist
  • Deals 355% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Wither: The target and nearby enemies get -225 attack and -225 defense. [?]
  • The target and nearby enemies reflect status effect buffs to a random character on the opposing team for 3 turns. [?] (Only dispellable buffs are reflected.)

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• Each time this Hero takes damage from the enemy’s Special Skill, removes 50% / 75% / 100% boosted health from all enemies.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

Beta Information: Not available.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Acidfire ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Acidfire.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Acidfire and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Acidfire worth summoning for?

• Would you use Acidfire on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Acidfire ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Acidfire as an opponent?

• Would you give Acidfire Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Acidfire’s character design?

• If you Summoned Acidfire and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Acidfire, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Acidfire when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Acidfire, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Acidfire (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Acidfire), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Acidfire (post release)

:question: Is Acidfire worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Acidfire would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Acidfire’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Attakc and Defense Decreaser
  • Status Effect Buff Reflecter
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Acidfire compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Acidfire’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Acidfire’s Base Stats?

Note this means Acidfire’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Acidfire worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Acidfire is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Acidfire is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Acidfire worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Acidfire then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
1 Like

Another OP hit-3 and at fast mana speed!

2 Likes

Holy hell 20 characters

2 Likes

Felton but to 3 targets

why not… I’ll just do my one earned pull and make sure I lube up before I fight him in war.

2 Likes

Awesome,… cripple attack & defence…with possibility to drop off some manas…though good…the class is not fighter.

Where did this guy come from? … first time I’ve heard of him… 5* felton should be good in play…
I wouldn’t mind getting one…
So 145 pulls later
I got the other guy 3 times…

Summary

Blessed and cursed!
Good luck everyone…hope you get your desired!
Edit:

Summary

Tried again…174 additional pulls and finally got the cutie :heartbeat:

We shall see if it was worth the effort :wink:

10 Likes

Anyone have the title so I can finish my wiki entry? Thanks!

1 Like

Finished Goblin village, did my x2 :rofl:

16 Likes

The OP has the proper details. Polls are now enabled.

@djp1997 His title should be “Goblin Necromancer”.

5 Likes

I got Acidfire on my first pull, with Madhammer tagging along. Nice change from the usual 3* dupes and multiple copies of whichever 5* hero I like the least that I normally pull. Of course I just used all of my red and purple mats so unfortunately they won’t be fully leveled any time soon.

This hero is out of control. He makes Deadboot obsolete already. This is bonkers!

1 Like

You mean a VF priority buff stealer with highest possible spell dmg for VF and stronger def debuff is obsolete? Hahah :smiley:

Why? I say not. Together they will be quite good. But Deadboot steals the buff and then Acidfire prevents it. A good team I will say. I have deadboot and caught Acidfire this morning, so will be fun… I hope!

1 Like

On one hand you have a VF buff stealer, who will probably be charged BEFORE the enemy team has any to steal and whose damage hits one. There is a defense debuff, sure, but to one.

On the other hand you have a FAST hero who hits three equally. Prevent the three hit from utilizing new buffs they would have gotten and on top of that reduces both attack AND defense for the duration of the fight to THREE.

I get that they are not cut and dry the same, HOWEVER, their uses are so similar that Deadboot is now, imo, 2nd place.

Acidfire is PROACTIVE while Deadboot, in order to be good, requires the opponent to have already fired, making him REACTIVE.

Acidfire>>>>Deadboot

Since I am in a hurry… deadboot at VF destroys you LB2 taunters and ailment blockers whereas acidfire cant even apply his steal debuff if hero has ailment immunity…

Edit : also, if you wish to play Lwing with Lflank in same turn on defense, you need VF hero on wing, not F, in general…That means, you dispell instantly, not next turn (taunt still active) and you get maximum dmg from your next casters in same round…

Oh no sorry to hear you got the green dude 3 times, and congrats on Fizzcoil if you didn’t have him already?

My luck was terrible, I did close 400 pulls and didn’t pull a single goblin. With the odds I should have pulled at least 6 goblins :laughing:

7 Likes

Nahh. It might look that way. But he can be silenced or mindless even attack before he goes off. Don’t get me wrong though… he is very good!

And with new OP heroes like “Luna”, “Sha Wujing”, “Xiamara” and “Ghealach” and the newer heroes that are coming out, you need something really good to kill those heroes.
Here is one Goblin that will be able to help you with that :slight_smile:

Almost the same damage than Khagan. At fast speed.