Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2020-10-04T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2020-10-05T08:00:00Z
2020-10-10T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

The allowed elements and hero/troop rarities, as well as the Special Rule will be available once the Tournament opens for joining and setting Defense Teams.

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face:
No Holy/ Yellow
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Rush Attack

All Special Skills are set to Very Fast!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: 🏅 [Feb 23, 2020] 44th Raid Tournament! — 5* Rush Attack, No Holy/Yellow

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

8 Likes

If it stays the same…I can see MT, .Alfrike doing some stuff…would be interesting…

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Edit: switched Jabberwock and Killhare around.

14 Likes

Hahaha, that is called the abundance of choices! :joy:

On the other side of the spectrum, I’m looking for advices. Here’s the first idea, and below are available options. I’d love to try Sumle, but he can’t have emblems more than +6 (instead of GM). Position Heimdall/GM? Should I put Rigard for more healing, less power? All ideas are welcome, I keep the right for a final decision! :joy:

1 Like

Ugh none of my purples are suitable as tank except Ursena, who ironically severely underperforms in a no holy tournament.

So, gonna just run this Telly defense:

Two blues to (slightly) discourage stacking red and entice green, except GM is there to burn you to the ground if the board goes sour. If you have multiple Kingstons well then you clearly have a bigger wallet and you deserve to win I guess.

Available options:

1 Like

These were top 10 finishers in the last tournament with the same rules.

10 Likes

i would tank with ursena instead of telly.

1 Like

Why? 260% AoE with a useless secondary effect this tourney isn’t all that scary especially when healers are v fast too. Even Jabberwock would tank better

1 Like

Still think ursl is better tank in rush than telly as Mana Slow down is not such significant in practice when all heroes are set on very fast…

2 Likes

Wish purple 4* troops will stop avoiding me!! Tempted to run mono but thought I’ll give Noor a chance to fling some birds around!

Not sure whether to swap Sesh and Rigs or keep them as is :thinking:

eh, I always struggle with 5* tourneys…

2 Purples to take advantage of the lack of yellows. Seshat in one wing because she has those nasty replicating minions, Sartana in the other wing to take advantage of Fighter talent (though maybe I should switch to normal Sarty for the DoT, pressure the opponent to bring a cleanser alongside their dispeller/s…)

Green/Blue/Red center, because Aegir is still my best tank. Red and Green flanks to make color-stacking less useful.

• Azlar > Elena as Azlar’s burn doesn’t conflict with Aegir’s defense boost (unlike Elena’s riposte). though I do like Elena’s Fighter talent and higher emblems…

• Greg’s crit boost is useful, and combines well with Aegir’s heal-from-slash-attack.

Other choices:

• Margaret +5 (Greg helps the entire team more though)
  • Aeron +2 (tempting, but fewer emblems than Sesh and Sarty, plus I’d have to put him in flank to maximize him…)
  • Elena +7, Marjana +7 (I think Azlar’s the best choice though)
  • Lepus +6, Isarnia +5 (but Aegir’s my tankiest Blue…)

I am not sure about this at all:

I thought about replacing Ursena with Guardian Kong but Ursena will last longer in this RT. Sad Sif and Viv cannot be used though.

First draft:

1 Like

Would change the order to:

Heimdall, MT, Ursena, Miki, Qoh

1 Like

Yeah true, always forget Heimdall is also reviver, so he can be used to great effect at wing. Thanks.

1 Like

Would still go for a purple tank. Aegir is just a meatshield and easy countered by Kunchen and Isarnia or dispel effects. Aeron has dispel protection.

My suggestion would be:

Seshat, Margaret, Aeron, Elena, Isarnia(very fast tournement = high damage = high dodge chance)

1 Like

Do u guys think this is a good defense?
Screenshot_2020-10-04-12-14-33-964_com.smallgiantgames.empires
Should i put Ursena in the mix?

Ursena for tellu would be my goto here cause tellu’s slow is not very efective here.

I would put Alfrike in center, at very fast she’s almost a win button as a tank.

1 Like