4* heros to level

@sft1965 did you want to start your own thread?

In my honest opinion, I would pause levelling your 5 star heroes until you have 3 x 3 star levelled rainbow teams and 4 x 4 star levelled rainbow teams.
However to answer your question, I would focus your levelling as follows:
Purple = Sabina then Tiburtus
Yellow = Mist then Li Xiu
Red = Boldtusk then Kelile
Blue = Kiril then Grimm
Green = Little John then wait for another 4 star green
And I can see you have 3 star red Squire Rabbit - he is a must for levelling
Good luck

2 Likes

Grimm is my favourite pulverizer. That 6 turns for def down is amazing. I still use mine at +20 teamed with 5*'s. Grimm followed by Richard is one of my favourite combos.

BT worked great as my defensive tank through platinum and he also still sees action with my 5*'s on raids. The attack boost is often more important than the relatively small heal he gives.

Mist from what I can see is superior to every S1 4* yellow. Wish I had her. Hu Tao I use for 4* Rush Attack tournaments. The others just donā€™t do enough of anything.

Sabina with dispel can be critical for facing the riposters like Boril and Cyprian (and Elena). Dispellers are very important heroes to have.

For green Iā€™d wait for Melendor or Caedmon. Neither of LJ or Skittles are good enough to be first choice maxed IMHO.

But get your 3* maxed first.

3 Likes

I might continue my old one and not further derail this!

1 Like

sorry but l take my tibs all the way.

Someone sneeze and you grimm dies.
Its ok in terms of tile damage and offensively but that doesnt make him better than tibs, and tibs with costume is a beast.

Another thing . You have you grimm +19 im only +14 and my tibs seems overall a better hero in terms of balance.

I mean , i say all this to let the OP see all the options and not Accept that Grimm is the holy grial only because someone in the forum said It .

Grimm is good , very good but tiburtus is close to him or as good in a different way.

Compare when Grimm gets his costume.

1 Like

yup agree with youā€¦ every hero has own rulesā€¦

my pulverizer only grimm (3), tiburtus and gormek avoided me since i play 1 years ago. LOL

have a nice day bro :sunglasses:

canā€™t wait for grimm costumeā€¦ maybe AoE like tiburtus costumeā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Guvnor I need your opinion

I leveled a skittles for trails sorcerer hard to come by especially with a bit of attack on them.
Same with awge :woman_shrugging:

On what specifically?

The OP or something else?

I am working on the 3* 2x and also I choosed 4* to level
Mist
Grimm
BT and sumle
Tib
LJ
For raids and tournaments

Is this a correct path.

First general advice:

The same advice applies to 3* heroes before getting to the 4* ones (maybe only 2-3 maxed 3* teams tho).

Disclaimer - I cannot see your full roster so advice is limited to what I can see.

If it was me I would:

Yellow
Finish Bane & do another 3* yellow. There are lots of good options here too. Ones like another Bane or Gan-Ju (both vanilla), Pixie (from Fables of Grimforest), Melia (atlantis) or Kvasir (Valhalla) will all serve you well.

In 4* yellow I would do Li Xiu, then Mist, then Chao.

Purple
Finish Balthazar. & another purple 3* too. Bjorn is amazing if you got him (valhalla). Someone like Tyrum can have good utility. Chochin or Gill-Ra from Atlantis also are good. Guardian Bat is also really good (Guardians of Teltoc)

In 4* I would do Sabina & Tiburtus if it were me. Then probably Cheshire Cat (biiiigggg attack stat & good for raiding).

Red
Hawkmoon COSTUMEā€¦ 1000% Then probably Ei-Dunn next. Squire Wabbit is good but has a draw-back to his power. Also, Bauchan is really great (Knights of Avalon)

In 4* I would recommend Boldtusk VERY much. Then probably Sumle & Kelile.

Blue
Gunnar & his costume are really good in Tournaments so finish both. canā€™t see another blue 3* but there are lots of good ones like Gato (atlantis), Valen or ulmer.

In 4* I would suggest Grimm first, then Kiril & Mireweave.

Green
Brienne is a great 3* hero. Really useful even against titans (up to about 7*) especially with her costume. Would do another 3* here too. Someone like Belith or Berden are great.

In 4* I would suggest Little John first. Then Melendor (if you got him). Skittleskull is OK but is another slow green hero soā€¦ do him if you donā€™t have other options IMO.

3 Likes

A maxed costume bonus is about equivalent to +8 talent, or if you went by the gameā€™s TP indicator, itā€™s exactly +7 talent. (my Tibsā€™s TP went up 35 points after maxing his costume, and each talent node gives +5 TP)

Before I pulled Tibs costume, I wouldā€™ve disagreed with you. But after maxing his costume, holy cow itā€™s a complete beast. Has 90% the atk stat of Grimm but is MUCH much sturdier. Hereā€™s mine btw:

I use the costume a lot more so I tailored the talent grid for the costume.

But hereā€™s the REAL hidden gem: a maxed costume gives +5% mana bonus, so with just an el cheapo lv5 mana troop, Tibs will now charge in 9 tiles flat. Because of the match-3 nature of this game, he is effectively fast in 90% of the cases. A fast ramming pulverizer that has 90% the atk of Grimm but can take way more punishment is just pure gold. And yes Tibs has replaced Grimm in my roster unless Iā€™m facing red tanks or a red heavy team.

3 Likes

Thanks for putting in better words what i feel when using tiburtus . And i have and emblemed Grimm too which has his uses. However , until SG decide to release his costume hes getting behind tibs in the majority of scenarios that dont involve facing red enemies.
@rho

Just wanted to add that i said what i said about tibs because i let myself disagree , by now, when someone says that grimm is the best pulverizer.
Anyways , these are no more then opinions, like colors , they are one for every taste. OP cannot go wrong either max grimm or tibs

BT 100%. Heā€™s a 4* with an incredible shelf life that youā€™ll continue using even after you start getting (and using) 5*'s. I run him as my defensive tank, and at +13 talent with max costume bonus, he has 858 def and 1289 HP, and keeps me solidly in low platinum.

Iā€™d recommend Scarlett next but you donā€™t have her. You do however have Kelile and I would level her before Sumle. Kelile doesnā€™t have the best reputation around here but I quite like her as sheā€™s the closest you get to a 4* red sniper. If you pull Scarlett at some point then level her as well. Sumle I would bench for now (and maybe forever), heā€™s slow and that 80% accuracy just really turns me off. Iā€™d level Colen before I level Sumle, and I donā€™t even like Colen that much lol.

And yes I have both Colen and Sumle, Sumle has been at 1/1 for 2 months now, while Colen Iā€™ve managed to slowly putter along to 3/13, and only because I ran out of red projects after getting both Gormek and Kelile to 3/60.

2 Likes

Oh definitely Grimm is still a very solid hero thatā€™s absolutely worth maxing and giving emblems to - I have mine at +11 already, and have enough emblems to take him to +17, but that got parked after I pulled and started using Tibs a lot more.

I think when/if Grimm gets a costume, I may re-evaluate my opinion. Mana speed is everything for me, so I value Tibsā€™s ā€œfastā€ speed much more than the extra 10% damage Grimm gives.

1 Like

Thank you sooooo much :+1:

Donā€™t level either of Skittle or Little J. They both are slow and bad. Wait until you pull a better green.

2 Likes

In 5 months plus a roster with maxed 5 extra 5* and alot of maxed 4*
And all mana troops :sunglasses:

1 Like