No Ice/ Blue
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [04 Sep 2022] - 176th Raid Tournament - 5* Buff Booster, No Ice/ Blue

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

JekylandHyde XXV medal:

5 Likes

Maybe something like this… dont think I will get far anyway. Last weeks def did well but was already out on Tuesday :joy:

4 Likes

And one of those tournaments I have no defense for. I don’t even know where to start setting up the squad… :confused:

3 Likes

First buff from LB2, then undispellable stacks, then undispellable element links… hope Cillian survives long enough :smiley:

5 Likes

I have no 5* at all so have to struggle with my 4* red team :wink:

Good luck everyone! :metal:

5 Likes

I’m debating between these two:

I know, Khufu is Khufu…but c2Khagan gives everyone 2 buffs, and has super beefy minions…

3 Likes

2 Likes

Day 1
O: 4-1
D: 0-0 (so far)

I did mono purple throughout each match, and was lucky that I had a Lb2 Alfrike tank, she went off once but luckily didn’t target Louhi or Ludwig, so that was great, I won that quite easily. I started with a bad board. I thought it was a sure loss.

I lost against LB2 Khufu flank:
Obakan / LB2 Khufu / Tetisheri / Kadilen / cVanda
It was Tetisheri and Khufu that went off and wiped my time . I literally started with 3 purples. 4-1 is ok at least.

Edit:
A worthy mention, a team I went against first was Mono red:
Boldtusk / Elena / Khufu / Elena / Boldtusk

None of them revived! Not once! I have never seen that happen it is a miracle!

7 Likes

O : 5-0 Neat, another 5-0 start in 5* tourney in a row
D : 0-2 (CC Caedmon LB2, C Marjana, Ludwig, Queen Guowang No LB (yet, no materials sadly), Bonecrusher, ones not noted are LB1)

I don’t expect much this tournament. Tanked Ludwig, cause I have no red tanky hero, last no blue 5* tourney I tanked C Marjana (I think it was bloody battle), ended 3-11 5x E, I can’t create a solid defense at 5* buff booster at all. Well in no purple one, I had B rank def, that’s like best I’ve ever created in 5* buff booster tourney, but the rest? Not working at all. That means most likely best I can do is Top 5%, if offense is great, what it mostly isn’t :smiley:. I just don’t expect the defense to do better, though it might change still, but I have my doubts.

In offense, 5* rush you can at least get lucky somehow, like I got last time, in bloody battle and buff booster? Not really.

But so far, 1st day I faced fairly easy defs, what I’m greatful of, unlike previous 5* rush I faced hardcore defs right away lol.

Haha nice, I faced CC Vivica tank with CC Obakan flank and they didn’t revive either, funny enough, my Ingolf got revived twice against the same defense and survived :smiley:

Hardest def I faced today was probably the mono red def of -
Hohenwerf, Bonecrusher, Ignazio (the fast red healer from red elemental quest) 2x LB, Khufu, Alucard

Nice thing is that I can use my go-to raiding team, if I face more hardcore defs, I like using it in raids a lot - Grazul, GM, C Marj, Kara, Erebus. I used it against that red mono team only, so far.

5 Likes

4-1 start to the tournament. Attacked with either 4-1 or 3-2 depending on the defense. Mostly either VF Purple (Onyx - Khonshu - Hannah - cVictor) or VF Red (Grazul - Ruby - El Duque) as the backbone of the attack.

The single loss was from being too cute with the team selection. Was against a Ludwig tank flanked by Khufu and Tetisheri. Normally I would go with 4 yellows + Onyx/cSabina, but for some reason decided to use my VF Purple team + Waddles. As expected, the starting board was full of yellows. Did manage to stop Ludwig from firing but Khufu survived with less than 50hp and wiped out my team.

Defense is 0-2 to start.

Good luck everyone!

6 Likes

Day 1:

O: 5-0
D: 1-2 (D)

They should give easier opponents on first day, shouldn’t they? :smiley:
Thanks to good board, I managed to kill Oceanus before he fires.

Screenshot_20230424-165048

The worst was the team with Elena tank, because she revived 3 times. Almost lost, but my Scoratek revived 4 times! :smiley:

I must LB2 Sabina, she is too weak…

7 Likes

Day 1:

O: 5-0 (lucky boards, hoping for more) :crossed_fingers:
D: 0-5 (ouch, severe beating) :face_with_head_bandage:

Guess my 4* gang will not survive too long in a 5* tourney :laughing:

4 Likes

Day 1
O: 5-0
D: 1-5 E
Today’s boards were good, so I managed to complete 5 victories… As usual, the real fights will start on the second day.

My opponents

I attacked using the team: cVivica, Kara, cMarjana, BT, Tahir (all fights).

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Day 2
O: 4-1 (9-1)
D: 0-0 (1-5) E/?
The game decided that 9 wins in a row was enough and just logged me out after the last fight started… It was real :poop: :sob:
First “0” for me :confused:

I won against these teams

I haven't had a chance to play against this team (log out)

Good (more) luck everyone!

4 Likes

Day 2
O: 3-2
D: 0-0

Today was disastrous, I was using my mono purple and all matches seemed to give me yellow and red tiles.

3 Likes

Decided to play this as I would a non 5* Buff Booster and go 3-1-1 with 2 healers. It’s still a VF team, but brought Brontes in as a secondary healer to backup Grazul. He’s a 4* and only heals 3 but his mana gen is a buff and helps my ninjas Onyx and Ruby get to 2nd charge faster.

First defense faced was a Zaline tank with 2 other Greens in the wings in Heimdall and Evelyn. Went with Khonshu - Brontes - Ruby - El Duque - Grazul. Board was good so no trouble winning without any defensive hero firing.

The next 4 were all Red tanks with Khufu, Cupido, cMarjana, and Tetisheri. Attacked with my Purple team of Khonshu - Brontes - Onyx - cVictor - Grazul. Again the boards were good so the main worry was more about avoiding cascades when making the 2 Purple matches.

Defense ended up at D (2-4) after day 1, and is still there at 3-5. That’s probably as good as it will get :sweat_smile:

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 4-1 2-4 (D) 3136 400 3536
2 9-1 3-5 (D) 7382 7382

Good luck everyone! I have a feeling tomorrow’s teams will be crazy tough. Worst today was ‘only’ 5478 TP in the last match.

4 Likes

So far so good.
O 10-0 (top 1% currently, will go down)
D 4-4 (currently B, but was C after day 1)

My team

Shrub gets swapped out for Merlin when I need to control the mana of the tank - specifically when facing Freya.

Toughest enemy team so far

MVP as has been the case the last few weeks is LB2 Shrub.

Most defenses whilst well over my TP have had poor-average heroes or poor-average setups so nothing too tricky. Day 3 will likely introduce some painful matchups.

6 Likes

Day 2:

O: 4-1 (9-1)
D: 1-2 (2-4 - D/D)

Attacked with my yellow team. Once changed to red, when I spotted mono green :slight_smile:

Screenshot_20230425-163349

The fourth team was:
Screenshot_20230425-163332

Almost 5200, will be hard… Ok, let’s go with yellows.
Then I saw starting board with one yellow tile…

It was the worst opponent. They’ve killed Rigard, but the rest survived.

Lost the last attack to this team:
Screenshot_20230425-163308

Managed to kill Tetisheri, so not zero.

3 Likes

Do stacks, for example Slayer stacks, count as buffs for such a tournament?

The only correct answer: Yes, of course :slight_smile:

2 Likes