⚔ [23 Apr 2023] - 209th Raid Tournament - 5* Buff Booster, No Ice/ Blue

Day 2:

O: 5-0 (10-0)
D: 2-0 (2-5)

I attacked with mono red or purple, as all my ops so far always had teams with two green or two yellow. And so far I was incredibly lucky with the boards so could take full advantage of the mono strength :muscle:

Good luck tomorrow! :wink:

3 Likes

This game is so weird. Usually Day 3 is the hardest and I am out.
Day 1: 4-1
Day 2: 3-2
Day 3: 5-0

I didn’t have amazing or even great boards today yet I did have a nice little flow of purple tiles (mono purple). Your typical “move a few around to get a match” but that was constant, and no big cascades setting everyone off.

Total
O: 12-3
D: 1-2 (B, D, D)

4 Likes

O - 10-4 (5-0, 3-2, 2-2)
D - 2-6 (E.E)

I’m done with this nonsense, when I have hard time even charging very fast, then there is something wrong here. My go to team had like only 50% winrate while in high diamond it’s about 80%+. And when C Black Knight blocks 3 shots to 1 damage, and his taunt won’t get dispelled by 6 tiles with C Marj in team then there is no point in even trying really. See you next tourney.

5 Likes

Day 3 and the teams started getting a bit over the top.

First up was a defense of LB2 Queen Guowang - cAzlar - Elkanen - c2Obakan - Ma’at. Nothing too scary but with all level 30 troops, still a hefty 5509 TP. Attacked with the Red stack of Onyx - Brontes - Ruby - El Duque - Grazul. Board was pretty good. Managed to neutralize the right side of the defense and Elkanen’s hit was just a tickle. Took a while but win in the end.

Second match was a Red ladies mono defense of Tetisheri - Garnet - Vanda - Ruby - Tetisheri. Switch to Purple team for this, Onyx - Brontes - Khonshu - cVictor - Grazul. Vanda fired multiple times, but again with 2 healers, the damage was negligible even with the vampirism. Got Onyx to 2nd charge and killed off the middle 3 with Khonshu’s help. After that, it was straightforward, even when the right Tetisheri sniped and kill cVictor.

Third match was where things started to go awry. Defense was Ma’at - LB2 Aramis - LB2 Hathor - Erlang Shen - Tetisheri. Continued with the Purple team, and couldn’t get the Purple tiles fast enough before Hathor fired and put up the ailment block. Was an uphill fight after that, though managed to kill 2 of the defenders before Ma’at and Aramis finished off my team.

Fourth up was a defense of Ma’at - c2Leonidas - Augustus - LB2 c2Obakan - Lvl88 Sekhmet. Switched to Red and got a good board to start. Killed Augustus, but Red tiles dried up after that. c2Leo kept cutting mana. My Red heroes died, leaving Khonshu and Brontes to face Ma’at, c2Obakan, and Sekhmet. Had a choice of killing either c2Obakan, and Sekhmet. Went with Sekhmet since she could heal. Was probably the wrong choice. It went to overtime, but my Brontes just couldn’t finish off c2Obakan before he got slashed to death.

You would think that 2 losses in a row would lead to an easier team. Instead got a LB2 Aramis tank :sweat_smile: Decided to go with 4 Yellow (Matilda - cLeo - cViv - Eloise - Grazul). Horrible board, and no chance of avoiding the zero.

At 11-4 after Day 3, but I’ll probably continue tomorrow. Tough tournaments like this usually mean easier to get into top 5%. We’ll see tomorrow.

Defense actually made it to C and is still there at 4-6.

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 4-1 2-4 (D) 3136 400 3536
2 9-1 4-5 (C) 7382 500 7882
3 11-4 4-6 (C) 10288 10288

Good luck with Bloody Wednesday everyone!

5 Likes

Oof 3 straight losses and I’m out. Have fun folks.

2 Likes

Day 3
O: 4-1 (13-2)
D: 0-1 (3-9) E/E/?

Only one defeat (5th fight) against:

Throughout the entire fight, I managed to match only 3 lines of 3 tiles of matching colors (2 yellow and 1 red). Of course, none of my heroes ever fired… :confused:
But it’s just a bad board :wink: I’m glad it’s better than last time:

Other opponents

Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Day 3:

O: 4-1 (13-2)
D: 0-1 (2-5 - D/D/E)

Lost to this LB2 Hulda tank.

Screenshot_20230426-233721

Didn’t manage to kill Hulda with my yellow team. I don’t have Kvasir or any other minion blocker.

Not bad at all, still top 5%.

Edit: Oh! @Dudeious.Maximus thank you for Cillian’s “trademark” :wink: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Day 4, 19-1 in offense and b defense. Shrub still a champ

3 Likes

Day 4:

O: 3-2 (16-4)
D: 0-0 (2-5 - D/D/E/E)

Lost to the teams with minion summoners.
In the last attack, LB2 Jove wiped me out :frowning: but managed to killed Hypnos

Screenshot_20230427-121219

Don’t know, if to continue. Depends on tomorrows scores, probably drop to 10%.

Shrub is Shrub, but this Bonecrusher… Wow, he is such a sniper! :astonished:

2 Likes

Agreed. And not lb1 or lb2 yet

2 Likes

Defense has dropped to E but bought back in anyway since I had a good feeling about today.

Won the first one easily enough against a cBlack Knight, then came up against another Aramis tank. He was only at level 85 but the flanking Anne was at 90. Went with my VF Purple team and didn’t stand a chance again for another zero. Next up was a level 90 Ludwig tank, flanked by c2Viv and Meresankh. Switched to Yellow and got 6 tiles down the middle to kill him. Then absolutely nothing after that… Meresankh and the wing Roz and El Naddaha just destroyed everyone.

Was starting to regret the buyback :rofl: Luckily, RNG took pity on me and gave me easier teams in the last 2, so ended Day 4 at 14-6. Currently in Top 5%, but with E defense, will need a good last day to stay there.

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 4-1 2-4 (D) 3136 400 3536
2 9-1 4-5 (C) 7382 500 7882
3 11-4 4-7 (D) 10288 400 10688
4 14-6 4-10 (E) 13123 13123

Good luck to those still playing!

2 Likes

Day 4
O: 3-2 (16-4)
D: 0-1 (3-10) E/E/E/?

Today was kind of a weird day. 3-2 is not a good result, but the tiles were arranged in such a way that it could have been worse, so I have nothing to complain about. I paid 75 gems because I just want to fight to the end.

Defeats

Victories

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

I went 2-1 today but I lost because I could not dispel Ludiwg’s taunt, it literally said “undispellable” and I don’t know why, who made his taunt undispellable, can someone help/explain?

Wolfgang / Roughian & N / Ludwig / Santa Claus / Quenell

I used Louhi, it didn’t dispel Ludwig, usually, it does, so when I saw he was still in taunt mode I was confused. I clicked the card and it said “undispellable” next to his taunt.

1 Like

It’s the Wolf family bonus since Wolfgang and Quenell are also in the team

Each buff has a 50% chance of becoming undispellable.

3 Likes

This is the type of ■■■■ that seriously ■■■■■■ me off about this game. Pretty much didnt loose a raid up until today and Im out pffff came across teams of +5600tp all fast heroes. Where is the fun in that.

2 Likes

Thanks, this makes sense, i was just so confused and annoyed - mostly at not understanding it.

After Wo3k was not in the mood for long battles today, so said screw it and went with my normal no healer raiding team of Onyx - Khonshu - Hannah - cVictor - Cristobal. Short story shorter - 3 good boards, 3 wins. 2 not so good boards, 2 losses. No zeroes though.

Defense is still at E (4-10) Will be hard to stay in top 5%.

Good luck with your last attacks, and with the loot tomorrow! :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

@Liam_K, could you check if you are still top 5%? I’ve dropped to 25%, but on my alt I have now 15100 and top 10%. Just wonder, if to continue (with defence B). Thank you.

Edit: I’ve checked it. If anyone consider buy back, there are numbers (based on my alt scores, updated after each attack)

15100 - top 10%
15822 - top 5%
16546 - top 5%
17272 - top 5%
18001 - top 1%
18732 - top 1%

Edit 2:
Decided to buy back and it was a good decision.

Day 5:
O: 5-0 (21-4)
D: waiting (2-5 - D/D/E/E/?)

Started from 13411 points and top 25%. Then:

14166 - top 10%
14923 - top 10%
15682 - top 5%
16443 - top 5%
17207 - top 5%

Teams 5200-5300. Once more, one of them was mono green. :thinking: Someone’s mistake, or there is something hidden?

Screenshot_20230429-003115

2 Likes

WTF?! 5% and 0 aethers??? Even 3* ? Last week i was 1% and earn 2x 3* only too

3 Likes

s always worst rewards i got from top1%

3 Likes