No Ice/ Blue
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [16 Jan, 2022] - 143th Raid Tournament - 5* Buff Booster, No Ice/ Blue

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

4 Likes

I was hoping for trying Zircon in 5* Buff Booster tourney … so of course Ice heroes have to be put on ice in this one. Well then.

Draft num. 1:

Also should have Asterius maxed by tomorrow, so he might bench Bastet. Or Liz. I’ll see.

1 Like

If anyone goes 25 wins ill give a :medal_sports:too
gonna name it after @JekylandHyde for there contribution to the game and now retired.
If you want to name the medal here is how you can

Proof of wins will be needed of course :wink:

Good luck for the week yall will post my team tomorrow :green_heart:

4 Likes

Now this got my attention :smiley:

I’ll post my team tomorrow too, when it’s official

1 Like

First thought:

I need to edit my team, I let it autofill just for now so I am at least in the tournament:

Lady of the Lake / Louhi / Zeobia / Vanda / White rabbit

Obviously I won’t keep this unless I forget, then we will see lol

I think I’m gonna have to stick with this. Not too happy with the outcome at all, but my heroes just simply don’t work well in wing positions what I have… I was debating between Vanda or Zagrog, but wing Vanda aint much of a threat, on the flank she would be better, but that would make cPanther a winger and it’s too late to make them immune to buffs from there.

Rolling with this team, I don’t expect much but it is what it is.

1 Like

I think I’m going to try this, now sure how it I’ll work

Also have tyr which I might swap for Scarlett

The more I do these the less I feel like I know what I’m doing.

My personal thought is that Ludwig next to a counterattacker is a waste. I would set those heroes to MN/Ludwig/Khufu/Ferrant/Lu Bu. I’m not claiming to be an expert, and MN is the only one of those heroes I have, but that is my thought

Hey! I was thinking something similar. :grin: but i don’t have cViv, so cRigard will have to do:

I’ve been thinking about giving cElena some more emblems, maybe now is the time to do it.

Too late to ask for input I bet

Well, I couldn’t be bothered to select an attack team so I used the one it had there already (mono red)…
day 1
O: 4-1
D: 0-0

I lost the first match because it gave NO reds, I had 1 match I think
Oh well, next time I will choose more wisely haha

3 Likes

After last week’s early exit, a better start already despite facing 5000+ teams from the get go.

Attacked mainly with my usual raiding team of Onyx - cVictor - Hannah - Khonshu - Cristobal. If I get 6 Dark tiles, will usually kill at least 1 defending hero. The only bad board at least had lots of Nature tiles, so Cristobal fired at 2nd charge and that was enough until the Dark tiles arrived.

Faced a Bera tank in the last match. Switched to my Holy mono team and got this opening board :heart_eyes:

On defense, decided to go with no healers and Ferant as the only Red. Surprisingly it’s 2-0… But still early and not going to hope too much :sweat_smile:

Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Day 1:

O: 5-0
D: 0-0

Good day on offense. Easy-ish teams, two cElena tanks, one Cyprian, Zocc and Francine each. The person with Zocc had Elizabeth, but put her on the wing, all the top defenses with her last time had her at tank. I went with Yang Mai - cElena - cMarjana - (c or non-c) Rigard - either CMelendor or Arco in each battle, switching up depending on whether i needed fiend removal/overheal or dispel and an extra buff more. took regular Rigard vs. Chakkoszrot just in case, turned out ok, i took out Chakky before he could fire.

D untouched. :man_shrugging: meant to revisit it and think about it some more but forgot and went to sleep so it’s what i posted above. hope it gets an attack before the end of the day, be it win or lose. :sweat_smile:

good luck on day 2 everyone!

3 Likes

Welp, what a bummer, lost 1 already on first day :sob: tried to fool around with my new tool a little too much (Xnol-Alfrike combo), darn flanked Hulda resisted 2 of the cubes she got hit by and summoned those minions then, and I didn’t brought Grimble… It even had 2 greens next to each other, cKadilen being the tank. Should’ve just used 3 reds instead of 2 and brought that Grimble, only managed to get 2 heroes down. So 4-1 offense, defense is untouched at the moment.

3 Likes

Day 1
O: 4-1
D: 0-1 (E)

Day 2
O: 5-0
D: 0-0 (E)

Total
O: 9-1
D: 0-1 (E, E)

I was truly surprised today going 5-0, I had some reasonably bad boards against some annoying teams.
My first fight was a Malosi tank. Bertilla was one of the flanks and she revived about 4 times, fired her special, and then she finally stayed dead.

Match 2 was Viscaro, so I switched to mono yellow and stuck with it. I had 2x purple tanks, 2x red tanks that I fought.

I didn’t start with amazing boards, but similarly, they were not terrible. In fact, I think only 3 heroes in all matches fired their special: Malosi in match 1, Bertilla in match 2 (after she revived 4 times), and then Lianna in match 3 (this match had Asterius tank with alby + Alfrike flanks).

3 Likes

First team faced today was 5257 TP and the last one was 5254, so I’m glad that the boards were helpful :stuck_out_tongue:

Stayed with the same 4 Dark - 1 Nature team throughout despite facing a Diaochan tank in the first match because she was flanked by Zhuge Liang and Zhang Fei. Toughest match was the 4th one against a Rhys - Diaochan - El Duque - Liu Bei - Hypnos team. Managed to get 3 vertical Dark tiles to kill Rhys, but a cascade meant that both El Duque and Diaochan fired. By the time I got rid of the minions and them, Hypnos fired at 2nd charge. Fortunately enough of my heroes survived to win that.

Defense clung on to 2-1 (A) yesterday and still hanging in there at 5-3 today

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 5-0 2-1 (A) 3756 900 4656
2 10-0 5-3 (A) 8425 8425

Nice to be in the lofty heights of top 100 in a 5* tournament, if even for a brief moment :smiley: Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Day 2:

O: 4-1 (9-1)
D: 0-3 (E)

Decent day on offense, same tactic as yesterday. one loss to an Elizabeth tank with Ferant / Lewena flanks due to a very bad starting board. i took Elizabeth out but not before she fired and couldn’t get any buffs going or tiles for Arco / Melendor at all, so the tiles i did get weren’t enough to take out Lewena before she fired (right after cRigard) and i was toast.

my D apparently is not good. at all. :sweat_smile: oh well. currently in 5% with 6863 points, rank 20036.

good luck on day 3 everyone!

4 Likes