⚔ [10 May, 2020] - 55th Raid Tournament - 4* Buff Booster, No Holy/Yellow

yeah that’s a good point, troops and emblems play a big role on days 1 and 2. by day 3, every line up seems to have maxed out +18-20 emblems and high level troops (when I’m raiding anyway). At that point, lineups that take advantage of the buff boosters tend to be more difficult to deal with.

yes but… If I put Wilbur… he does not attack… so I will have 3 who does not attack… rigard, brynhild and wilbur… just two heroes attacking… I think that I need more damage

Wasn’t talking about Wilbur, was thinking of your Grimm + 20

honestly it’s hard to help you jam- I dont know your full roster but putting colen on the wing has me a little concerned… I would go for speed if not for buffs.

1 Like

Here are the possible ones

@Jamir I would try sonya bryn c rigard proteus hansel

but you have a ton of good options for sure

ok buddy thanks for your time and your advices… learning every day!!! @FrenziedEye thanks too!!

actually maybe caedmon instead of hansel.

anyway, happy to help. will cost you only one mother north.

hahahahaha well… I saved 29 epic heroe tokens last year to catch her on december… and I got it, I tkink she is my treasure… so… I cant give her to you, but I know you will be very happy if I give you my Dawa instead :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again for sharing your thought process. It makes sense to force the attacker to take red, but that would force me to make some hard decision on my defense.

I don’t have Rigard’s costume, so I’m in a bit of a conundrum. My current line-up is Caedmon+18, Kiril+18, CTibs+18, Buddy+14, Sonya+12.

Would it be better to switch out my blues and buddy for CMel and go 3 purple - 2 green like you but with cyprian (no emblems) as tank?

Or go 3 green - 2 purple with buddy as tank, CMel and Caed on wings and CTibs and Proteus on flanks?

Or anything else?

My original post above with all my options

1 Like

Thanks @IvyTheTerrible for sharing your thoughts. Made me rethink and change my defense. Hope this will work:

Other options i had in mind were triton or kelile because of her emblems…

I also sent Screenshots of your post in our line group. Everyone was asking me for advice yesterday. But i tend to struggle with buff Booster Tournament defense myself…

1 Like

As I don’t have him I can not tell much. What I read so far sounds underwhelming.

However in Buff Booster he might actually work as his focus is on slash attacks. On Buff Booster defense the damage of slash attacks is higher than usual. …and no holies around.
Sadly you can not watch your own defense.

1 Like

Wow well that was better than I thought today would be.

Day 1
Offense: 5-0
Defense: 0-0

I went against a good mix of defenses to be fair. The opening one was annoying, it had Boril and Cyprian as flanks, melendor as tank and a caedmon BOTH sides as wings…

Then I went against a 2x red, 2x blue 1x green
2x red 2x green 1x purple
2x purple 1x blue 1x red 1x green
And finally, 4x purple 1x green.

I don’t mind going against 4-1 or 5-0 purple because it gives me more variety what to use against them :grin:

1 Like

Wilbur seems to be out of fit, in this team? He will help to spread the damage from your Cyprian once he activates!

Also if you want the enemies to share received damage, don’t combine dispeller( Sab, Mel…) and Wilbur, could be managed on offense, but not by AI., unless you need only Wilbur’s def down on enemies.

He will also cause the enemy to receive less damage, basically rendering Cyprian’s riposte pointless.

1 Like

Exactly the point…

1 Like

i started against Maverick
although the board wasnt so friendly i could build a good offensive and took him down.

The next ones wasnt different . I usually bring two dispellers with caedmon and c.mel , i may bring sonya too if i need stack more blue . My attackers are between triton / Lancelot , grimm or little john.

I struggled against the last one .

I never was able to kill his Sonya . The green tiles hardly showed up in the left side.
His Melendor fired twice as his Proteus .
I took down his triton first .
By the time i was able to beat his proteus/Melendor i was very decimated . His Sonya finished the Job

so far 4-1 not a super start but it could be worst.

My defense team of

C.Melendor - C.tibs- C.Rigard- Proteus - Caedmon

Only one attack one loss

3 Likes

haha, no - of course not. I probably should have worded it a little differently to something like, ‘if the attacker wants to exploit two greens on the field by stacking red then they must compromise on bringing dispellers and cleansers, as red has none.’ I really feel most attackers will want two dispellers most of the time (since, let’s be real, you SHOULD attack with Costumed Melendor in every fight, if you have him) - pretty challenging if you go red. I’m guessing most will NOT even stack red against this, in which case I ‘get away with it.’

3 Likes

Realizing I’m too late, I would NOT put in non-emblemed heroes, given how sturdy the rest of your heroes are. You’ll be attacked by strong teams that would shred non-emblemed Cyprian. Costumed Tiburtus is more than servicable at tank.

I also wouldn’t want to go green tank with two green wings. As an attacker, I would probably feel red tile damage is sufficiently leveraged that I would red 3tack there (with likely 2 greens in my minor stack).

Defense as you posted seems fine to me, though of course I’d consider C Mel is he’s about equally emblemed to those you posted.

1 Like

@IvyTheTerrible…I’ve read very carefully this morning your post about inviting red stacks to take advantage of their lack of cleansers & dispellers: so I’ve replaced my Triton with Caedmon! And…

…is it a coincidence or…:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Thanx for your food of thoughts…always interesting!:wink:

3 Likes