Troop Rarities Allowed
:snowflake: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Fire/ Red
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Rush Attack

All Special Skills are set to Very Fast!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format:

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

6 Likes

So Proteus tank flanked by two Gullinbursties and something in corners (Jott, Sumle, I dunno). Too bad Aodhan can’t be used and not feeling like power-leveling Orla.

For no red I’m expecting lots of Brynhild, possibly with counterattack flanks.

1 Like

I was thinking this (stripped c.Kashrek for Cobalt, before he was doing quite well his job in this type of tourneys):

Brynhild has a weak spot in Mist, that’s why I wanted to put a cleanser in the wings, Gullin in the other wing so that attacker have to make some difficult choices. c.Tiburtus and Marcel together could throw a nice punch.

This is the list of heros I would consider adding:

Jott instead of c.Caedmon to exploit defence debuf for some serious dmg?

Mist is great overall, but Gullin seems to be yellow to go this time?

Proteus and Hansel for mana control maybe?

Maybe Marcel as a tank, and c.Melendor as a green healer? Something like this maybe:

I wish I had Marcel!

Was thinking originally:
Frank - LJ+cb - Buddy - C.Skittle - Guillinbursti

But I’m not sure if Guillinbursti would be impactful in wing position…
Other options I considered are: Fura, C.Tibs, C. LiXiu, Tettukh, 2x Brynhild, Almur, Jack O’Hare

Maybe:
Frank - LJ+cb - Buddy - C.Skittle - Fura
LJ+cb - Brynhild - Buddy - Brynhild - C.Skittle
C.Skittle - Almur - Buddy - LJ+cb - Frank

I want at least the center 3 to be green. I could also tank Brynhild but Buddy has sturdier stats. Li Xiu is good in rush but I’m not sure how impactful she would be on wing vs a different hero who hits harder.

Thoughts?

5* not 4… that’s a change

Heimdall and Telluria tanks here we come!

Yes, it looks like SG has changed rarity…

I have updated the OP and the title

1 Like

I was limit breaking gulin for this tourney. Gosh darn it!

I’m tempted to try this:

C Kadilen could be super annoying, not sure if I should swap rato in for alby and Ursena in for devana to discourage green and yellow giving no strong options that don’t have a downside?

Other notable heroes (all emblemed but not lb’d) missing are c viv, sif, elradir, hatter, eve or fogg - there isn’t a clear best team as I don’t have alf etc and so many of my good greens in rush are healers

3 Likes

Thought it was gonna be a 4* tourney so I prepared this…

Might go for this, now that it has changed to a 5* tourney…

2 Likes

5* in the end… Hello all the Freaks of the world - not looking forward to it. Feels like that we without Alfrike in the rosters have cheaper tickets for 5* rush attack tourneys these days. Anyway, probably gonna try this:

1 Like

Probably something like this:

Could strip Poseidon for Yunan, but I think Poseidon will be key to winning against all the Alfrike tanks this week. Besides Yunan in either form is just meh and still not a huge threat for vf. Maybe I’m doing myself a disservice by not tanking Freakshow, but I’ve experienced 1st hand what cKad’s dodge at vf speed is like, and all I can say is it is maddening. Sure it’s nowhere near as crippling as Alfrike firing, but it’s pretty close to it anyway if all your specials are wasted while the opponents keeps healing (via minions).

3 Likes

Agree with you on the C. Kadilen dodge at VF its a massive pain.

I will try this:

Not heavily emblemed but some synergies…

I have Kingstone, Miki, Gazelle, Glenda for cleanse…

Tell@19 takes some tiles to take out regardless of the nerfbat… Neith can support that mana reduction well… than c.Kadilen… I don’t know!!! Help me please… Fast aoe flank in a rush tournament??? Jeeez…

The corners are straightforward… Slow healer in Kunchen… but I do not have ANY slow 5 star levelled up…

I’m afraid that I’m not ready for this tournament…

:sob:

Edit: maybe swap them around so both Neith and Kunchen are flanks?

What I’m going with. My defence didn’t win a single raid for that 4* Tourney last time round lol. :laughing:

I’ve got a strong green attack team so I’m hoping to do well this time round. Still searching for any of those 5* aethers.

Gonna try this?

5 Likes

Jeez I hate your team!

Well put :rofl:

Good luck to your A def!

2 Likes

1st draft

Screenshot_20210905-123014_Empires

I don’t have Alfrike. Tough tournament… :grimacing:

Edit : 2nd draft

2 Likes

Vf tournament? Then i dont care about the missing colour Alfrike tank all the way with heimdall and Roostley flanks.