Whitefang - 5* Ice / Blue - Fox hero from Harvest Festival Summon

New Fox hero is released: Whitefang

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Whitefang, as well as your thoughts on Whitefang.

Whitefang

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Ranger
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1127 1221 2166
4/90 1290 1397 2479
Origin Family
Harvest Festival Summon Fox
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Decreased Healing
All enemies get -50% healing.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Never Ending Winter
  • Dispels buffs from the target.
  • Deals 550% damage to the target.
  • The target receives lasting 300 Frost damage per turn. This effect sreads to nearby enemies. (This effect lasts until it is cleansed or removed.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Fox Family Bonus

Fox heroes summon a Sly Fox Minion for themselves at the start of the battle.

Sly Fox Minion has 2% health and 100% attack inherited from the hero. Spy Fox Minion has 80% chance to dodge incoming attacks.
When Sly Fox Minion dodges, it steals the lazest dispellable buff from the atracker, and gives it to its owner.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is decreased from 1153 to 1036.
  • Defense is increased from 1030 to 1133.
  • Health is increased from 1936 to 2010.
  • Dispell skill is added.
  • Damage is decreased from 685% to 550%.
  • Frost damage is decreased from 400 to 300.
  • Family bonus is changed.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on new Fox Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v69]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Whitefang ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Whitefang.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Whitefang and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Whitefang worth summoning for?

• Would you use Whitefang on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Whitefang ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Whitefang as an opponent?

• Would you give Whitefang Ranger Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Whitefang’s character design?

• If you Summoned Whitefang and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Whitefang, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Whitefang when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Whitefang, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Whitefang (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Whitefang), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Whitefang (post release)

:question: Is Whitefang worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Whitefang would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Whitefang’s Primary Purpose is?

• Dispeller
  • Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Whitefang compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Whitefang’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Whitefang’s Base Stats?

Note this means Whitefang’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Whitefang worth giving Ranger Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Whitefang is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Whitefang is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Whitefang worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Whitefang then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

he will pair great with satori that punch extra all cleansers

1 Like

That was my first thought too. I have Satori but I know I’ll never get this one xD

2 Likes

I really like the priority dispell heroes. I’m hoping to get this one, but I’m not going to kill myself trying…fortunately, they don’t wait long before offering them up officially.
Good luck, everyone!

4 Likes

A permanent 300 damage per turn that spreads to your whole team seems frankly stupid and unfun. I really hope this gets rethought

2 Likes

Reminds me a bit of Daemon but to be honest I probably prefer Daemon (his snipe does slightly less damage but he is VF and I prefer shutting down special effects than the frost damage). Thoughts?

2 Likes

IMG_2055

I… uh…

what

The “family bonus” and the “passive” are better than many entire heroes, with a “steal LB2 effects from the start of battle” (sure, the minion is tiny, but with a 160% dodge chance, who cares) and permanent heal nerf to all enemies as long as the hero is alive

what

oh, yeah, and there’s the actual Special, which very certainly seems anything but weakened to account for the sidecard powers.

…why am I still playing this game…?

5 Likes

Do you know whether the Lunar heroes can shut down the effects of the Sly Fox Minion, so that it can’t dodge and can’t steal buffs?

7 Likes

In the future, you will see passives that can completely block healing like the ailment of Xiaotu :rofl:

1 Like

The lunar buff probably blocks the minion abilities.

2 Likes

Hopefully that’s the case, and LNY hero passives suddenly have a reason to exist again after being kicked around by the costume W3K “unstoppable” nonsense.

Me, I just assume there will soon be a “lasting” version of the “status ailments cannot be cleansed” ailment, so that when your heroes start taking lasting damage they take that damage literally forever and there is nothing you can do but either hurry up and win almost instantly or else just DIE, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

cough, wheeze

The heal-nerf passive is sufficiently strong that if this hero literally had no Special skill at all, if I faced it in a raid/war/etc. I’d still have to throw all my targetable damage at it first because (outside of Bloody Battle) any battle where I can only do half healing and my opponent has full? Yeah, no.

2 Likes

The hero card is updated.
Polls are now enabled.

1 Like

Foxes are step in the wrong direction, saying it now.

Pairing this hero with Guardian Elephant or Meg Giry will be a lot of fun and frustrating.

So if i use Meg Giry special after Whitefang special, it gives the “lasting” frost dmg to the enemies and make it uncleanseble? And remains like that forever?

So this is Zappa but done way better

1 Like

Woof. I read above about how much they toned him down on release but didn’t notice the passive, ty

1 Like

He was toned DOWN? LOL

4 Likes

not even close to these new upcoming faun family broken heroes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like