Which HoTM Family Bonus / E-Link you Like !?

With ToL, all pre-2021 HoTM family bonuses (FB) got activated.

• Yearly family bonus
  • Each HoTM element link available for all colours in play (based on criteria…)

Which FB you like / is most accessible / impacts your play?
Does elemental link, now available to all colours help or is it insignificant?!

I m still trying to gather all data / thoughts….

Thanks for sharing your thoughts !

Attack is my favorite. I can see how mana can help if it reaches a break point, but attack is always helpful. Healing is easily the worst.

I don’t think that part of the family bonus changes anything for me right now. I’m curious how often I’ll use multiple HOTM in an attack to trigger the elemental link for all.

4 Likes

Luckily I’ve been able to get every HOTM since I started during Telluria, and I’ve managed to get 8 earlier ones as well so far.

I’ve got some great opportunities for synergies and will refocus on some others I’ve left at 3/70.

All in all all these families will benefit my game, I’m very excited to explore them more, especially using 2 together to spread the elemental links.

1 Like

I like the 2019 attack. Gives Margaret an overdrive in attack

3 Likes

Lone Hero of the Tavern Portal = Myztero is hanging ALONE ! :rofl:

• Deserves some kinda Elemental Link that improves his utility !!!
5 Likes

I guess it also depends on which HOTM you have. For instance, I like the Family Bonus/E-link from 2019 but I “only” have Miki and Kunchen. And I could only see those two together on a team in VF wars and tournaments. So for me that would be rather niche. I still take it of course. :slight_smile:

As you only need one hotm to get the bonus 2018 and 19 is really strong those 10% atk/def is a huge boost.

911 attack

Or Anzogh

911 attack

3 Likes

Does anyone know if using multiple HOTMs from the same year and they have the same elemental link (example seshat and grazul with +4% mana boost) do they stack?

The attack defense and mana buffs are pretty nice while the healing bonus (Vela’s crew) is mediocre. The minion link from Glenda’s crew is also mediocre since most of them are average mana and Bertila is slow and they produce minions with like 10HP.

Also, nerfing Devanas crew mana gain was a dirty move.

1 Like

No they do not.

If you have heros from the same year with different type of link powers they do stack.

Thanks. Another question, with 2019 HOTMs they get +20% attack if there are 3 on the team. If someone like Horghall gives everyone +30% attack does that stack, or do the attacks just override each other?

From another topic. Hope that helps.

I will also mention things I am not particularly fond of.

Those I like: :hearts:

• HotM family bonus: 2017 and 2019 (sorry, can’t make my mind). 2017 solely because it’s the only thing Alberich needs to become average (with mana troop Lv 29 or lower level Mana troop and some node, depending on whether with costume or not). Yes, that means he’s first average-speed reviver, which is a big one. Especially when in his costume which also brutally speeds everyone (C-Yunan cries in corner). I will proudly test him this VF war … 2019 because of Onatel - Seshat and Frida - Miki combo.

• Element Link: Mana too. Especially on Perseus and Thoth as they have also 2017 family mana gain so they can put things on fast track quite quickly. This thing alone makes worth considering their final ascension. Ditto for Natalya with good pairing.

Those I don’t like: :broken_heart:

• HotM family bonus: 2020. Extra healing is nice but not that consequential. Add that it applies only to hero itself and it may become useless if you don’t field healers (bloody battle anyone?). Zulag can make use of it though if she is used as a tank (which she frequently is).

• Element Link: Small minions. Not bad but man, they are extremely easily exploitable, especially when two heroes of 2020 family are present (currently Zulag, Glenda and Reuben with HotM 2020; when 2021 ends this will also involve Bertila and Uraeus or if paired with other HotM 2021, why I am explaining this as everyone knows how it works). One minion is not bad, but if everyone gets weak minion that Skadi or even C-Frank can kill with a finger poke it’s really a bad scene. Skadi just licks her lips, pokes minions to death and suddenly all opposing heroes are slowly freezing to death while them shivering slows down their mana generation.

I’ll limit break a 2nd one he is very fun with attack bonus and wilbur.

1 Like

I hope Spock :vulcan_salute: will explore some of the possibilities with these F/Bs in ine if his videos. I’m also most interested in 2017 and 2019. Kingston with a 15-20% attack increase? Yes please.

This thread was created for info sharing around time the FBs came out months back
&
today, anyone depending on youtubers to feed such info is a WASTE of time :rofl:

• If you have these HOTMs = use them & discover bcoz, tubers may or may not do your bidding on time !

i agree with the minion maker links.

due to that debating whether I should up Hanitra or Uraeus.

At the moment i think the issue is limited, but if Skadi becomes a choosable hero in soul exchange, those heros will be dead weith for defense and i use both uraeus and bertila on defense.

The bonus for the HOTM families has been huge for me. I was a pretty heavy spender early on in my playing days (2019 & part of 2020), so most of my ‘good’ heroes are from that time.

Once the HOTM bonuses hit, I rearranged my defense to use Margaret, Onatel, and Seshat. The attack bonus has been huge, especially since it stacks with Boldtusk. As someone else stated, Margarets attack is HUGE. I think with family bonus and Boldtusks buff active, my build has her over 1700 attack.

I have also started to rearrange my war attack teams to take advantage of the bonus when it makes sense to do so, but have been paying a lot closer attention to them now that I know their value.

2 Likes