What does this mean? (v39 test on decreasing Raid defense team buff)

Starting a new topic specifically related to calculating the impact of the decreased defence bonus mechanic. I’m aware there is another thread asking what it is however I thought it was sufficiently different. If not, feel free to move.

I’ve tested this on a few heroes using the dot mechanic you can see how much the hidden bonus is. Usually it’s 20% so if you have a dot of 100 after emblems and troops, on defense that dot would have been 120. If now it was 110 you could infer that the new defence boosy for the hero is 10%.

I’ve tracked about 6 different hero’s to test what SG mean when they say they the defence bonus is reduced depending on the stats of the legendary hero.

1. Mariana no costume +20 emblems and a lv29 mana troop. Calculated dot using 20% would be 544. Dot actually seen was 522. This infers a defense bonus of 15%

2. Uraeus +19 lv 30 mana troop. Calculated dot @20% is 512. dot seen is 483, implies new Def bonus of 13%

3. Crystallis+20 lv 15 ninja troop. Calculated dot @20% bonus is 76 per turn, actual dot seen is 71. Implies Def bonus of 11%

Etc

My initial analysis is that it’s based on the attack stat with emblems and troop bonuses applied. This is based on plotting a scatter chart and addi no g a trend line which was 90% accurate

If this is the case, then it implies the old 20% bonus would apply on a final attack of around 750 and a 10% bonus at around an attack of 1250.

This feels in line with the min and Max attacks you could have with 5s so my hypothesis is the Def bonus max is 20% for the lowest possible 5 attack with no emblems and low troops, and reduces to 10% for the highest attack stats in the game with best troops etc.

Clearly more data would be needed to confirm or come up with a better hypothesis. But I believe this to be in the correct ballpark

12 Likes

I’ve a feeling the numbers may move over the next little while as they get more data on the effect of reductions and whether they lead to a higher percentage of losses than anticipated before they re-settle on a given percentage.

Yes very good point -it is called a test after all, just trying to highlight the kind of thing they are looking at right now and understand that changes they are actually making.

For me, the questions it brings up is are dot heroes now worse than before in Def? And what impact does costume stats have on the Def bonus ie is it even worth it?

And lastly, should I not really care about stats in defence any more of they are normalised? Just look for synergies only etc and focus on offence for emblems? What difference will that make etc

1 Like

Yes, it will be interesting to see the outcome of the effect it has ( I am less impacted on the DoT part as only levelled heroes I have of that are JF at 3/70, Colen and Nashgar) Very interested to see the outcome of your research so I’m going to update my preferences to tracking on this one.

My main hesitancy would be that some of the data you manage to gather may corrupt the main set while they are tinkering in the background. There is a really good data collection thread in the player guides section which has had a lot of recent work on trying to drill down the old formula even further, it may be possible for you to incorporate some of that into your project.

The initial easy part to see will be the sniff test of hey that 20 emblem costume joon is no longer one shooting my rigard, but bigger picture is always welcome.

Wait a minute. I thought DOTs are consistent on what they do and does not get affected by the defense stat.

It’s not based on the DEF stat of the hero, he means that the DOT damage getting an X% boost when cast by a hero in the defense team during raids.

My Clarissa does 141 poison damage against non-Holy per turn in attack, but in Defense, she’s hitting for 164 with the same troop.

1 Like

Tested it with gravemaker, Atk stats during battle with emblems and max crit troop 1005 and I got a 14.5% hidden stat boost via dot. So seems consistent with your chart. 1005 Atk is exactly in the middle between your estimated 750 and 1250 Atk and so is 15%.
So I think you are on the right track, great work :+1:

1 Like

So they are going to release limit breakers and then reduce the starting buff for defensive teams. Am I the only one here who feels like this is stepping in the right direction then doing just the opposite?

Next question is, What about the next those 30% abilities that are going off way more than stated. We all know there is a defensive buff going on there to the %s

They might add higher class above diamond for the player who gets over 3000 trophies, that 20% hidden buff on defense team are remove when player reach to that class.

But that will make another problem, eg power difference between a team with 1 hero get LB and another team with all heroes get LB may significant. May be devs finally makes hidden buff reduction flexible base on how many heroes in the team are getting LB, and which level of LB the hero is get.

Sounds not bad but, any players who are in diamond or below are still need to continually suffer that 20% hidden buff, hate that ? yes keep hating …

PvP is just one part of the game. A big part, sure, but there are other uses for LB’ed heroes. For F2P or C2P with limited roster of 5*, having a few super-heroes is probably better for events and S4. Don’t have a 5* healer, just LB a 4* one, for example.

It’s a breadth vs depth situation, and of course YMMV.

I think it is because if you add limit breakers to raid formations, where the defense gets all sorts of benefits they never did before, you would have difficulty winning any raids, unless you had starting diamonds all over the place.
And how would that be fun? This is a mobile game. There is supposed to be at least an element of fun.
Wars and tournaments will still feel the full effect of limit breakers, so I guess we will have to see where the “fun quotient” nets out.

Dear SG, I usually stand against all difficulty decreasing steps, this is no different.

What really bugs me on this, if you think you have increased the stats of new heroes too much and are afraid of the LB impact on def team strength - well, then why did you release them like that in the first place? Now instead of balancing heroes you want to correct it by dumbing down the defence?

Also, what will you do in 2 years, when most players have stronger stat heroes and most attacking heroes already limit broken? At that point the att-def difference will be on the same level as now but we will have a lower def bonus, thus attacking will be easier as is now!

Will you then again bring back the def bonus to 20% or more? Or will it change based on weather, the wifes mood or the Wall street stock?

2 Likes

On a related topic, can you pass along a request that they do something to make raids, tournaments and wars feel more reliant on strategy and less on lucking into a good board? These things are starting to feel completely pointless and not at all fun/enjoyable. Maybe it’s because I’ve been playing for a while now, but it’s harder to hold onto the illusion that there’s that much strategy involved.

2 Likes

Anyone else noticing an increase in war scores this war?

We’ve already got 8 players getting 6 perfect one shots, we usuallyonly get 1 or 2.

Trying to work out if we’re just having a very good war or if it’s because of the new change to defence?

Is that true and been discussed or proven anywhere?

I always thought heroes i attacked revive waaayyy more than my heroes so would love to see any discussions trying to prove or disprove it

1 Like

I don’t know about initial revive stats, but you cannot tell me that once they have revived once that the stat is still that low.
30% sounds about right about right to me for the first one. But if they do revive, it is EXTREMELY likely that they will do so again. And I know that someone will just respond with how however many people out of a million will have this happen, but it happens way too frequently to myself and others to believe them. Has an independent third party verified this in any way? Unlikely.
If so, let us see the results of the simulations. Otherwise, I will continue to assume that the posted odds for the talent skills only apply to the first time they activate.

I’ve kept stats on C Kadilin for about 150 raids. The dodge was right around 65%

Start tracking how often Sif and Frigg evade.

All things being said, I haven’t tracked anymore stats the new patch. It’s been said they nerfed defenses some so I’ll track again later if I think it’s egregious

Defense is still too powerful with limit breakers bring involved. Totally got squashed trying revenge this team no mater what I threw at it… any info on Wilbur defense cause I couldn’t touch him…

How is this even remotely associated with this thread?

Umm… Do you have ANY understanding of statistics or probability? You don’t have to answer because I guessed right. I know it seems as if it is a complete ■■■■ off. A probable or improbable event happens equally… Just toss one single coin for a couple of hours and log the results; I guarantee you will find it educational.

Back on topic, they (SG) said they were testing it. I got blitzed almost back to the stone age (gold) initially. Clearly it is a work in progress as I got raided back up to upper platinum where I belong and am comfortable. Things have to be tested.

I am pretty sure you rarely guess right. But you should just keep on defending SG’s code. That is a safe bet.