What does this mean? (v39 test on decreasing Raid defense team buff)

“ * Starting a test on how decreasing the Raid defense team buff for high-level Raids affects the gameplay experience and defense win rates”

This is apparently part of v39 but I’m fully stumped.

1 Like

I’m not quite sure but would also like to know.

I am given to understand that heroes on defense get a hidden 20% boost to heir attack and defense. If this is being adjusted down, it may mitigate some of the imbalance limit breakers since a decrease in the hidden boost will offset the increase from the limit breakers.

11 Likes

I am convinced @IgH explanation is the answer to your question.

2 Likes

So … what would be the difference between decreasing the raid defence team buff for a “Raid”and …… a “High Level Raid”

1 Like

They are trying to lower defending hidden buffs’ percentage because by doing so they could see if it’s possible getting away with the new changes without having to buff older heroes’ stats.

2 Likes

Best guess? One of:

• all of Diamond
  • all teams above some chosen trophy level (say 2700)
  • top 100/1000 (whoever has no raid block while online)

Mmmmm … not sure what it’s going to achieve to be honest.
Players in alliances I have been in have already “cup dropped” or “raid tier dropped” since the introduction of the new formations. Quite a few didn’t think it was worth the hassle anymore when they came up against Ninja, Frigg, Bera etc etc.
Rewards from raid chests are pants and trophies mean nothing.

5 Likes

Essentially it is this:

All defending heroes in raids, wars & tournaments have a silent +20% boost to their Attack & Defence Stats when calculating damage against / from them.

The change is that SGG are looking to reduce this effect, assumably to counteract some of imbalance between def vs. attack power when Limit Breakers become a thing.

What “High Level” and how much they are reducing it by is anyones guess… SGG haven’t stated it in beta testing that I noticed. @KiraSG / @Petri can we get clarification on those two points?

21 Likes

Well, we all know what they mean by “high value loot” now.

3 Likes

If the goal is to mitigate the increase from limit breaking, it might make sense to reduce the boost based on the number of limit broken heroes.

The exact value could then be set such that a limit broken defense would be a bit stronger than one that isn’t limit broken so that there is still a benefit for those that wish to do so, while not making limit broken defenses so powerful that an offense that isn’t limit broken can still win.

This I think would be the ideal scenario.

1 Like

The best way for them to mitigate the increase from limit breaking would be to remove limit breaking.

31 Likes

Very true. But given that they just released it, that is basically not going to happen.

1 Like

you are joking right? like either of them are going to bother to respond to anything? And even if they do it probably won’t answer the question but raise more questions which will go unanswered. They completely ignore being tagged and messages in Reddit. But maybe you will have luck getting a response.

So they are boosting stats by introducing Limit Breakers, and reducing stats on defences in the same update?!

Anyone else feeling like they are running on the spot?

5 Likes

lol they will remove the hidden 20% and add limit breakers boost. Everything wil stay the same.

How do they make money on that?

Why is that my concern?

But … adding in a factor that you then have to mitigate the effects of in the live game is not condusive to growing (or maintaining) said game. Instability and all that. The game is slowly dying because of the constant changes.

How do they make money off a game that no one is playing anymore?

It is, indeed, a nonsense.

Limit breakers will probably effect defences first.
So releasing it will probably decrease the % of win ratio on raids (which they probably notice, is already lower then before with raid formation).

To counter that, they decrease defence bonus.

So they made the problem and now try to find a solution, basically.

3 Likes

They made this problem few years ago (emblems) and many of beta testers told about it. With LB they made this problem even bigger (in my opinion LB = Emblems and I don’t know for what they decided to release it)

1 Like

They create new stuff (emblems, limit breaker, costumes) so the customers can endlessly buy their deals.
They’re basically fixing the imbalance they created by decreasing buff on defense

1 Like