What cup dropping raid defence do/would you use?

Mine has veered to the wild side! =D

It makes filling each raid chest pretty quick and simple although I’m typically left to settle for the 1800+ cups platinum tier.

4 Likes

I use the five heroes I’m leveling. Then I don’t have to pay for another team slot.

8 Likes

Keeping me on the border between platinum and diamond:
obraz

1 Like

I use the comparatively motley crew being fed my S1 (non-trainer) 1*s. :+1:

(though I’m feeding all yellows to Ann to hopefully get level her prior to her getting nerfed) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t cup drop really as I prefer putting out what I consider my best rainbow defence team. But after this thread I thought it would be funny if I used my contribution as my actual raid defence team. :grin:

Horny

3 Likes

Here is my “I want to cup drop, but not so much that I have trouble raising back into Diamond” defense

It’s funny, I rarely cup drop. When I do I keep the same team but give them all level 1 troops. Easier to switch back and surprisingly I still win some with the crappy troops.

Here’s what I used to cup drop last time…

It was a quite succesful drop…

:wink:

looks confused that there are people who feel they have to try in order to cup drop

aka

My regular defense cup-drops just fine without me trying, or whether or not I want it to.

Also? Attacking. Attacking is a pretty steady source of cup-drop too.

9 Likes

Great for POV raids.

The whole “helping players with PoG” thread kind of covers this. The idea is to give the attackers a bonus for attacking you. You get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar. So you give them targets that have a separate reward and you should get more people attacking you.

1 Like

I’ve used 4⭐️ Trainer Heroes of every element.

I always keep them in case I want to drop down for a super-long win streak.

1 Like

Not much has changed.
IMG_20240320_235941

How’s your cup-dropping lineup looking?

1 Like

My HOTM (Heroes of the Meh) lineup.

4 Likes

As long as you fill up all 5 hero slots, I don’t care who you put up. I hate the people that put just one hero up there ugh.

I don’t agree with the cup dropping strategy in general, but do you. Just use 5 heroes.

1 Like

I use my yellow titan team because it has Guardian Jackal at the center (standard formation), making it easy to break through.

That’s all fair, and SGG could take a practical approach to all this

This could easily changed to something like, “Your Defense team is not full. Please complete your defense team.”

(The only exception to this could be if some less-than-optimal player had less than 5 heroes in their roster. In which case the player could be subbed with loaned, but relatively weak, heroes).

Further messages could read, “Your defense team requires a minimum power of # [say the average of your # top heroes]. Please adjust your team to increase its power.”

The system already has mechanisms in place to assess a player’s 30 strongest (troop-supported) heroes in its calculation of war scores. Perhaps something like this could be adapted to suit calculations of a minimum power for raid defense teams. This could even allow a player to use a majority of mathematically powerful heroes and, possibly, some Treevils and/or Shrubbears… as well.

Going briefly on a quick tangent, I think that a difference between many p2p players and many c&f2p players is that the p2p players can be more focussed on playing other players while c&f2p players may be more likely to also have issues of playing the system in mind. These aren’t the players that SGG has interest to cater to.

As things stand, I’ll certainly continue with the most practical approach to progression in the game, which is by cup dropping and effective, twice a day, filling of the raid wanted chest. It’s a good deal, everyone’s a winner, those defeated are graced with an easy target to revenge. :+1:

Look here: Helping out fellow players on the Path of Giants - General Discussion - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum (smallgiantgames.com)

Giving players a reward for taking you out almost doubles the number of attacks I get against me.

1 Like

And those attacks cost you what, 3-400 iron and 6-700 food?

Each of those attacks potentially gives you a nice, juicy option for revenge to capture ~20000 iron and ~40000 food, not that you couldn’t have got similar values directly through raids>find opponent.

Not sure they cost me anything. I keep my tower pretty empty.

1 Like