What cup dropping raid defence do/would you use?

I don’t intentionally cup drop, but I also don’t use my strongest possible defence. Currently I am using “W” formation:

On rare occasions even this defence will gain me cups. And sometimes I end up in platinum :grin:

I just realized LotL in the corner is sub-optimal :person_facepalming:

1 Like

Depending on whether a PoG-friendly defense I’ve put up has dropped me some cups (or if I was already low to begin with), “raids > find opponent” may involve a pretty high degree of “reroll” (with its concomitant food costs).

While being raided might cost me a bit of watchtower resources, it also means from that point I can shop amongst revenges for free (especially when it comes to PoG tasks like “defeat three blue-eyed left handed wizards using only heroes with an odd number of letters in their name, released in 2018, with a second costume and facing to the left”) :crazy_face:

2 Likes

True, but a cup dropper can potentially win 24 attack raids in a day, without using flasks, and with plenty of revenge options in his/her watchtower. Slaying a certain number of paladins (or wielders of some foul form of magic) for a Path of Giants tally may be easily accomplished within a substantial number of wins. Path of Giants, oddly, often relates to quantity rather than quality.

(Perhaps alternate PoG challenges might do things like consider the strength of your roster, which might be done with the same assessment of a player’s 30 strongest troop-supported heroes also used in war value calculations, and set a raid power target challenge for raid kills).

2 Likes

Fair!
I’m unsure if this number is now given a cap.
IMG_20240322_070135
(but I don’t think there are many days when I win all 24. I may just have had a good week).

Believe it’s capped off at 75 now. Atleast for my account it’s this way

I didn’t even think it was this high

IMG_1761

I can only imagine that I set this streak back in 1604, after having been raided down to zero cups and going on a tear of revenge raids by posting woodcuts of Sharan and Aife via the East India Conpany to those miscreants raiding me from Flanders and, allegedly, from Roanoke :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I use this bunch to stay around 2800ish

1 Like

Yeah, it also seems to me that cups used to drop further than currently.
My raid streak may have been achieved under the auspices of a shady defence team like this:

Simpler times!

1 Like

I also think that 5 * 2500 food is more valuable for me that 3/20ths of the 1000 valor points needed for a PoV additional chest.
IMG_20240322_102132