Vela – 5* Ice/ Blue - January 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

She is way better than I thought. 700+ damage against reds and 400-500 damage against everyone else. If there is a red flank, she is on my team, usually 3/1/1 with her being a 1. Basically can ignore most reds and attack other threats

8 Likes

Couldn’t you say that about any hero though?

Kadilen weakens the hero and then Kingston goes in for the kill

Zim weakens the hero, boost the attack of Marjana as she kills them off.

Also to mention Frida, panther, etc.

I like Vela, I do wish her attack or her doe was a tad bit stronger, overall I think she’s a good hero. I just think this line of argument is not the best when there are tons of heroes who fill the roll you just said

Zim damage is weaker than Vela, though she have attack buff, Zim is grade A, just as Vela.

Kadilen initial direct damage is higher but in just 1 more turn, Vela damage is higher.

Frida only hit 3 but Frida is key in blue stack and against red titan. Frida is more priority than Vela.

That is not argument… that is what happen to me…

1 Like

The red titan hits are actually impressive once Vela goes off. She may not be allowed to go off in war- been too dead to go off 2 out of 3 wars- but an obvious difference for those blue tiles. BTW, the team is Miki, Frida, Alasie and Ares as well.

I have Vela in a team with Athena and Frida (-41 defence and -54 defence against ice to 3 apponants) and it makes a pretty potent att. 2 element links and 2 resists. If it wasn’t for the fact that element link is the biggest scam in the history of gaming (more heroes of the same colour = less of that colour on the board) I would also add Alasie, adding a 3rd element link and a fast mana generation heavy hitter.

Not entirely sure why you replied to me :stuck_out_tongue: imma assume that it was a mistake and you meant to reply to the OP.

But while in replying:

You have posted this same phrase twice in the last two hours… But there is literally no evidence to support your assertion… In fact there are a couple of statistically significant assessments done which categorically disproved this…

So I’d suggest you either a) get some evidence to back yourself up or b) stop spreading misinformation… There are threads dedicated to the complaints that the boards aren’t random… This is not one of them.

Linky link to a study someone did on the relationship between colour stacking and tile appearance:

7 Likes

Im on the road to max her. Even at 2/60 she does a considerable damage to red heroes. She obliberated a wing colen with his turn aoe effect damage .
Obviusly shes so weak right now im playing her in a stack blue 3-2 team.
However i like very much the feeling of using her on offense .
I will wait a little more to finlly max . I want to be 100% sure . I dont know what could pull this month.
For now i like her and she could be potiancially my first maxed legendary

5 Likes

Urks…what a bad mistake. I often go mono red against every type of raid opponent, because my red stack is heavy and I’m darn lazy.

So I went against a Vela in the left flank. Hel tank I managed to kill… But Vela ate my whole team, almost alone, ouch. OUCH. What a strong hero against red!

6 Likes

10 Likes

I have just finished training vela. How should i emblem her? Attack or defensive?

Attack, increases her DOT.

Up to you after that, I went Atl-def-hp

3 Likes

I will get her to 4-80 for sure, but will she get the emblems or will Alberich get them? I just can’t decide…

Gazelle :wink:. For me she trumps Alby and Vela

Vela is awesome on defense with a Green tank. This is my current defense team:

She replaced Athena +7 and my win % has gone up markedly. Today (12/16 wins) was a bit of an outlier, but winning ~60% of my matches is common

7 Likes

@TWAndrews lucky you have the (only) good green tank :slight_smile:

i don’t have Yunan… hope for Telluria next month… :wink:

mine sits next to gravemaker… for a double dot and bring foes down to sniper range…

1 Like

She works well with Kunchen’ Def down too! And my win% has increased too! :wink:

1 Like

I’m curious about replacing Ariel with JF once I get him maxed. 3 different DoTs seems like it could be a lot.

1 Like

This is a smart team. My only suggestion is swap Ariel and Vela. You want Ariels cleanse to always go off as early as possible to remove any ailments from your team in case there are any blocking the use of special skills or debuffing your attack etc.

1 Like

That’s a good point. I’d had Athena there, so that def down would go off before any attacking specials, but with her replaced by Vela, Ariel on left wing makes sense.

1 Like

Left flank, you mean?

1 Like