🎃 Valeria - 4* Ice/ Blue from Return to Morlovia (Halloween)

Valeria

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Monk
VF
Very Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 662 713 1299
4/80 768 827 1507
Origin Family
Return to Morlovia Morlovia
Image Aether Power Description
vampire Vampire At the start of each battle, this Hero heals 100% of dealt normal damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Steal Buff
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to steal the newest dispellable buff from a random enemy that has buffs. If no enemy has buffs, deals 70% damage to all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Dusk of Sorrow
  • Deals 235% damage to the target.
  • The target receives 150 damage over 5 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased by 220, up to 580 damage in total.
  • The caster steals 61% of any healing applied to the target for 3 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Morlovia Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Morlovia Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 3% / 6% / 9% mana generation

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Oct 2022

Dec 2022

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Valeria?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Valeria.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Valeria and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Valeria worth summoning for?

• Would you use Valeria on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Valeria?

• What heroes would you take when facing Valeria as an opponent?

• Would you give Valeria Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Valeria’s special?

• What do you think of Valeria’s character design?

• If you Summoned Valeria and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Valeria, and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Valeria when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Valeria, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Valeria (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Valeria), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Seasonal Event Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Seasonal Event Epic Hero?

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 25% chance of summoning a particular Seasonal Epic Hero.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 58 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by pull 30
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by pull 104
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by pull 160

Putting that in Perspective

• 42 out of every 100 people won’t get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by the 30th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 30 times, 420,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Epic Hero

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the specific Seasonal Epic Hero by the 104th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 104 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Epic Hero

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

Old Valeria Discussion Thread: 🎃 Return to Morlovia 2019: Valeria – Thoughts & Discussion

• Hero Card Index Thread - coming soon

Other Morlovia (Halloween) Heroes:

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Valeria (post release)

:question: Is Valeria worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Valeria would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • 5 or more

0 voters

:question: What do you think Valeria’s Primary Purpose is?

• Sniper (Direct Damage)
  • Damage Over Time
  • Healing Steal

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Valeria compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Valeria’s Special Skill match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Valeria worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Valeria is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Valeria will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

2 Likes

Valeria spoiler

The most annoying thing about Frank. Frank will ruin my chances of another Valeria.

Click for notes, about awesome Valeria

3x to 5x Valeria

2x Valeria

FIN

2 Likes

Where is All of the above?

Valeria is very versatile, especially 2x Valeria on a raid/ war attack team.

2 Likes

@Gryphonknight

Can you show videos how Valeria is to be effectively utilized please? I had 3 of her but only managed to get 1 to 3/60. I fed one of the 2 unleveled Vs and now I am left with 2 Valerias all unmaxed. Originally planned to ascend all 3 Valerias but I was afraid to ascend them due to Vlad’s lackluster performance (I still have 2 maxed Vlad’s rarely used for almost a year). Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Her DOT stacks, even with other copies of Valeria.

Grimm, Frida, and Arthur can also help.

Blue 3*, 4*, and 5* can give lots of support to Valeria.

@Razor can you recommend any videos?

Edit

Vlad is just sad. On paper, Victor looks good. In practice only Valeria is worth ascension. Rumor from Beta, several testers proposed fixes to Vlad and Victor. Turning Vlad, and Victor, blue and giving Vlad direct damage would help a little. But swapping the stackable DOT for a health drain like Morgan Le Fay would probably help more.

Edit

Videos

(Is VALERIA worth the mats now? - #22 by Stargasm)

(https://enphero.com/Reports/Empires-and-Puzzles-2019-07-23_Reports.html?ver=3.05)

(Is VALERIA worth the mats now? - #18 by Razor)

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing these! I have always been a fan of Valeria, and have 2 maxed. though usually I split them up, so I can have one each for two mono Blue war teams (especially field aid). (usually I can only afford to bring one Valeria along for normal raids - my mono Blue gets filled up pretty quickly by Lepus, Kiril, Isarnia, and one or two Sonyas - one costumed, one normal).

But I did once face a healer-heavy team with a Boldtusk tank (and Mother North and Alby wings, bleagh). cue my 2 Valerias (supported by Kiril and Isarnia) wreaking havoc on the enemy. Ah, that was so much fun!

4 Likes

Ohhh yeah… specifically:

I have a playlist of Valeria as well on the channel.

2 Likes

sorry it is me again with this ugly unnecessary topic but, i posted this recently

i know it is a minor issue and probably just a misstypo at Valeria’s card. but can u fix it? it says target receives 150 damage over 5 turns. if a target already has this effect, the durat,on will be refreshed and the damage will be increased by 215, up to 575 damage in total.

lets do some math 150 + 215 + 215 = 580

and glad too see something has changed but it is not correct either.

the new version should is

150 + 220 + 220 = 590 (sould be but is 580)

so which is correct???

thnx

1 Like

Information in the OP is correct (no typo’s). I just checked against the Valeria I have in my roster.

150 damage from initial cast. Subsequent casts refreshes the duration & adds 220 damage.

Cast 1 – 150 damage over 5 turns (30 / turn)
Cast 2 – 370 damage over 5 turns (74 / turn)
Cast 3 – 580 damage over 5 turns (116 / turn)

The third cast will take it “over” the 580 cap.

Note also that Emblems & Troops will also increase the DoT. So that “+220” and “150 initial” is not what you will see in game, as any troop equipped will increase the amount.

3 Likes

Does the cap increase with emblems too or stay at 580? I tried to find a picture of an emblemed card but couldn’t see anything

Based on my previous testing of Gullinbursti & An-Windr, I would say that the max cap goes up also.

2 Likes

Interesting to hear your opinion on Valeria. I’ve always thought that she was not that useful since my main use for her would be in 4* tournaments but you can’t use mana troops in 4* tournaments. I just pulled my first 2 Valeria (as well as 3 Franks) today and will probably leveling them now that I’ve seen @Razor’s video. Still leaning towards leveling Frank first tho since I’m lacking a bit in my slow heroes for rush attack.

As @Guvnor suggested to me, the only way currently to have Valeria fire in 6 tiles in 4* tournament is to bring along Frank and Jack as well for the family bonus. However, this is unrealistic since I probably would never use Jack in a 4* tournament and would probably do better to use other blue 4*'s like Grimm, Kiril, Triton, Sonya, etc.

1 Like

It’s too bad Valeria and the other original Halloween event heroes didn’t get a buff to match up power-wise with their new friends. Frank scores almost 20 points higher. Power creep in action…

2 Likes

yeah, agree. I noticed that in Springvale too, the original 3 bunnies have lower total stats than the 4 new ones :frowning:

i try to stop my self but can’t understand the math behind this 580.

vlad says 65 damage for first cast then will be increased 115 up to 295
lets do some math
65 + 115 + 115 = 295 as expected. that is what he has in his card

victor says 225 damage for first cast then will be increased 300 up to 825
lets do the same math
225 + 300 + 300 = 825 as expected. that is what he has in his card

but coming to Valeria,

valeria says 150 damage for first cast then will be increased 220 up to 580
so i guess her third cast should be,
150 + 220 + 220= 590 isn’t that true?

her card says 580 and she does 580 damage but she should do 590 damage instead. am i wrong.

if not although it is a minor issue pls fix her or her card should say has additional damage as 215 for additional charges. this will be my last response on this issue.

Guvnor thnx for your response.

1 Like

Well I can’t fix anything. I’m just a player.

Mathematically if it went to the full amount then yes, it would be 590 but for whatever reason it’s capped at 580

1 Like

eyes closed…
lol

I got four Valerias last year with EHTs only, kept two. One is finally close to 4/70, other one is 3/60. Was thinking to use them both for maximum effect, but I don’t know where - I can’t afford to emblem them and they won’t help much in (still) current green tanks meta in wars.

In raiding? Maybe

In 4* tourney? I can’t use mana troops and the difference in 6 or 7 tiles is too great. Could it change with Frank tho? I’d need to add Jack (or Vlad when he gets useful) to get full family bonus to charge Valerias in 6 tiles (and Frank in 11). Is it worthy? Who knows, but if I get Frank, I can test it one day :face_with_monocle:

Valeria at +20 emblems and Frank does make her charge in 6 tiles in 4* tournament. Might be an interesting choice.

2 Likes