🏆 Thura – 5* Holy / Yellow from Plain Hunters

New Plain Hunter Hero is released: Thura

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Thura, as well as your thoughts on Thura.

Thura

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Ranger
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1189 1078 2026
4/90 1361 1234 2319
Origin Family
Monster Island Plain Hunter
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Status effect on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, they give a Hunter’s Mark on a random enemy. The target receives 150 damage over 3 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased with 150, up to 1500 damage in total.
:hourglass: Ability: Special Skill Damage Reduction
This character has a 10% chance to negate -100% of the direct damage received from Special Skills.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Guiding Arrow
  • Deals 355% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The more health the enemy has, the more damage they will receive, up to 435%.
  • The caster and nearby allies bypass defensive buffs with their attacks for 3 turns. (Defensive buffs include counterattacks.
  • The caster and nearby allies’ Special Skills deal an additional +80% damage for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Monster Hunter family
Bonus for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

+5% / +10% / +15% / +20% attack

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is decreased from 1106 to 1104.
  • Defense is decreased from 1003 to 1001.
  • Health is increased from 1878 to 1880.
  • Damage is increased from 300% to 355% with base on health a potentional maximum of 435% instead of 450%.
  • +50% critical change increase for 3 for caster and nearby allies skill is removed.
  • +80% Special skill damage increase for caster and nearby allies skill is added.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Plain Hunter Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v67]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Thura ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Thura.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Thura and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Thura worth summoning for?

• Would you use Thura on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Thura ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Thura as an opponent?

• Would you give Thura Ranger Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Thura’s character design?

• If you Summoned Thura and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Thura, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Thura when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Thura, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Thura (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Thura), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Thura (post release)

:question: Is Thura worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Thura would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Thura’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Defensive Buff Bypass Buffer
  • Special Skill damage Buffer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Thura compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Thura’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Thura’s Base Stats?

Note this means Thura’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Thura worth giving Ranger Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Thura is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Thura is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Thura worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Thura then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

I would…Thura-ly enjoy having this hero.

5 Likes

So just to be clear: Firing her first and then Guardian elephant will increase the damage of every shot of GE to 240 %. So it’s 9 240 % shots. Insanity.

5 Likes

Got her on my 7th pull. Sadly no Ranger Emblems left :frowning_face:

7 Likes

The OP has been adjusted with the changtes.

Polls are now enabled.

The art is absolutely stunning, I love this card

I wonder if softskin counts as a defensive buff and is bypassed?
And then, will it remain or be removed?

15 Likes

Just tested it. After she fired, her allies will bypass softskin but it won’t get removed.

Sha had her buff and the counter from Garten’s softskin didn’t decrease by one.

5 Likes

I tried for Edelaide big sister, but as expected, it was just duplicates. I was frustrated and have uninstalled the game, tbh it feels pretty good. Unfortunately, its too late & I’ll have to go back for the MI event but after that I’m not sure if I’ll stay.
Congratulations and or Good luck!

11 Likes

You’re not leaving; you’re just frustrated. Why reinstall the game for Monster Island only to uninstall it again? if you had gotten Edelaide Big Sister, you wouldn’t uninstall the game. You can take a break, but we know you’ll be back. When you uninstall, your account remains, so just take a break and return when you’re ready. Your account will be waiting for you.

Good one Edelaide Big Sister :clap:

1 Like

Wonder if moonrise ward also counts as a defensive buff and she can bypass it even as a holy hero

2 Likes

Hope you will be happy wether outside the game or inside it. The frustration is no fun at all.

Wish you the best whatever the final outcome is

1 Like

It should be increased damage and not increased attack?

2 Likes

Interesting to see that all votes say Damage Dealer. I think that she would primarily be a brilliant support for strong hitters. I will place my vote :thumbsup:

Thx, I have fixed this.

I agree.
She will be a great support for multihitters like Lemonwood, Farrah and other similar heroes

3 Likes

She could be a great addition for titans, assuming you don’t run Gazelle, which eliminates her buff.

I’m debating whether it’d be worth ascending her or not. My current options are either Thura, Ogima, and… nope, that’s all I got lol. Lacking darts though, so maybe I’ll wait a bit.

she is just a damage dealer. she offer very little support quality, no DOT, no illment.

80% special damage increase is not much even if you couple her with another hitter, let’s say christine 355% damage, adding 80% to 435% is only 20% more.

Bypass could be very good IF they place it BEFORE hit etc:

• caster and nearby bypass buff
  • 355% damage.
  • caster and nearby 80% special increase

This would make her really useful against defense buff, but when placed after hit. She has to sacrifice herself first to make her hereby hit? This is ridiculous as she is obviously built as a primary hitter, not a support hero.

So she has a bunch of things that looks cool but doesn’t work properly.

As a primary hitter. you could build her like :

• 355% damage
  • corrosive poison of 1000 over 3 turns.

As a support, you can could her:

• 355% damage
  • holy defense down 60%
  • caster and nearby bypass