šŸ° Sir Roostley ā€“ 5* Holy/Yellow from Springvale

Should sir roostley still try chain attack but take all the damage when going against an active ursena buff, similar to Finley going up against a mitsuko? I ask because while going through the event roostley only hit one hero with an active ursena buff, the attack was reflected but sir roostley did not try to chain. Also if this question is addressed elsewhere I apologize I searched but did not see an answer

Roostley max attck stat is 778.
Killhare max attck stat is 741.
Since special % is based on attck stat, Killhareā€™s special hits only slightly harder than Roostleyā€™s special. And as @Calling_Demon pointed out, the def debuff to all teammates (that canā€™t be dispelled) from Killhare hurts your team more. Itā€™s a high cost for only minimally better special damage.

2 Likes

Killhare is almost limited to attack due to that def down for all. Grazzy or JF can prevent it on attack.

The ā€˜Springmale Chickenā€™ can also be used on defense.

3 Likes

Uh, if youā€™re running yellow tanks I guess heā€™s decent there if you donā€™t have Guin. On offense heā€™s pretty underwhelming.

I know that. What i meant is that she will always hit all the targets. Roostley will only hit all if there is no gap. So, in offense, by the time his special is charged the tank will probably be dead and he will only hit 2 targets (from my understanding of how his special works). I think she is way superior for offfense (my original post was about her offensive firepower, should have clarified that form the start :smiley: )

I donā€™t think his negative effect is too bad. By the time he is charged again, it should have worn off ready to do the full 280% damage again.

3 Likes

His chaining also ends if he is blind and misses one of the heroes. Just had it happen in a springvale level.

8 Likes

Looking for some opinions on which Yellow to level.

I have never felt so fortunate as to draw 2 5s heroes on the same day. I was lucky enough yesterday to pull Sir Roostley (which I very much so wanted) and Malosi from saved up EHTs.

I see Malosi as a hero to negate difficult to kill tanks before they have devastating effects go off, aka Ursena, Kunchen, and Telluria. However, this is if we have 6 tiles to activate rather than the 9 tiles to activate, which means I would have to have a level 11 mana troop. Unfortunately I donā€™t have any yellow mana troops.

My thinking here is that with the 280% damage on all targets hit (anywhere between 1 and 5) from SR, that this is equal damage essentially to Malosi.

I already have Guardian jackal and Joon maxed which is a better combo for tank killing than no mana troop Malosi and Jackal.

Because of this I feel like in my particular case that Sir Roostley offers more versatility and by the time I do happen to get a mana troop and get it leveled to 11, then at that point I would likely have enough darts to ascend Malosi if I need him still at that point.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

2 Likes

How does his chaining work?

I havenā€™t fought the hero but fighting him as a boss monster, he only hits one target for me and Iā€™m horribly disappointed because I use Ursena and he reflects. I was hoping it would be like Mits against Finley!

Is this a bug?

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, this adds nothing to the discussion but maybe if I type it I can get it out of my head.

All I can think of with the new chicken heroes being Springvale, with their baked-in negative effects and such:

ā€œAt least I have chicken.ā€
~Leeroy Jenkins

Ok, thank you and sorry for the interruption. Please resume your previous discussion.

9 Likes

I think it was correct. He attacked hero with reflection. It was mirrored to him. The chain reaction didnt happen. He does not attack all the heros in one time (like Justice or Neith) He hits one and then chains to neighbouring heroes.

1 Like

Finley chains too, and he will hit everybody when he reflects.

I guess the way they chain is different tho.

does he not chain on Ursena? finley chains on mitsuko.
i used ursana on the last stage on the event and he only hit her and didnā€™t chain like i expected him to while here reflect was up

Heā€™s interesting and certainly coolā€¦ And a Paladin who doesnā€™t have defensive biased stats is unusual.

But I really want to like him and I just canā€™t get excited about him.

The problem isā€¦ That chain at average doesnā€™t make much sense.
If he charges before a tank dies youā€™ll get the chain (unless one of the flanks is already down, in which case youā€™ll still only hit 3) but that wonā€™t happen all that often.

At that point he becomes an average mana hitting 2-3 heroā€™s for 280%ā€¦ Then drops his own attack stat.

Alternatively, I could just continue using my White Rabbit - hit 3 for 280%, drop the defence of the target and not damage my own team at allā€¦ Oh, and at fast.

If Roostly only got the debuff on self if the chain hit 5+ heroā€™s then heā€™d be much betterā€¦ But still nothing special.

Mmmā€¦ If tank is already down he hits no more heroā€™s than my White Rabbit - but with slower mana and debuffs himself instead of the enemy.

Why would I bother?

I wanted to like himā€¦ But heā€™s just lacking.
Some of these new heroā€™s are more than slightly disappointing.

1 Like

Yup. He hits like Drake (not awful by any stretch, but the damage on offense isnt Drakes main selling point), but hits more targets if the tank is still alive. Oddly due to mana speed Drake is probably more likely to fire when the tank is still alive meaning that heā€™s more likely to hit 3 than Roostley is. On average Roostley will be hitting for ~Drakeā€™s damage, minus the blind, minus the elemental link, more slowly, and plus a self debuff. Gee, thanksā€¦

7 Likes

Personally I would do Poseidon of those. Amazing Holy Sniper.

1 Like

Indeedā€¦ The comparison to Drake or the White Rabbit really show up where this guy is lacking.

If that attack debuff only triggered when Roostley hits all 5 heā€™d be a bit more attractive.

But heā€™d still be less attractive than Drake or WR - trade off their faster mana and positive secondary effects for the possibility of hitting two more enemies (IMHO not a good enough trade).

sadly, it makes sense what you say, @BubblesUK and @Mr_Style_Pointsā€¦ I need to work on a next yellow five star soon, I scored some heroes to pick, but I get more and more unsureā€¦ I can pick between Sir Roostley, Norns and Sif. with the latter two having no chance for emblems for the foreseeable future, the first one only if do not score Clarissa and ascend Kage insteadā€¦ Season 1 heroes are off the table unless I get the costumes,ā€¦ SO, I thought to go with the chicken, but perhaps Sif is the better guess (no, I do not have QoH or BK)ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming this is with you having Joon maxed alreadyā€¦

Cuz if not then I would choose Joon over Roostley any day even without having his costume.

3 Likes