💂 Shimmerscale - 5* Holy / Yellow from Garrison Guards

New Garrison Guard hero is released: Shimmerscale

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Shimmerscale, as well as your thoughts on Shimmerscale.

Shimmerscale

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Fighter
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1114 1216 1767
4/90 1275 1391 2021
Origin Family
Goblin Village Garrison
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Guard Rally
Every 4 turns, removes all Wither effects from all allies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Rude Awakening
  • Deals 300% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Summons a Sword Guard Mega Minion with 35% HP and 300% attack inherited from the caster.
  • The target hit by the Sword Guard Mega Minion receives 402 Bleed damage over 3 turns. This effect spreads to nearby enemies.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• At the start of the battle, summons a Recruit Guard Mega Minion with 20% / 25% / 30% HP and 100% / 120% / 140% attack inherited from this character

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is decreased from 1110 to 1034.
  • Defense is increased from 1040 to 1128
  • Health is increased from 1623 to 1639.
  • Damage is increased from 200% to 300%.
  • Mega Minioin HP is increased from 30% to 35%.
  • Mega Minion attack is increased from 180% to 300%.
  • 198 Poison damage over 3 turns is replaced with 402 Bleed damage over 3 turns for each Mega Minion target.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Garrison Guard Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v66]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Shimmerscale ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Shimmerscale.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Shimmerscale and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Shimmerscale worth summoning for?

• Would you use Shimmerscale on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Shimmerscale ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Shimmerscale as an opponent?

• Would you give Shimmerscale Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Shimmerscale’s character design?

• If you Summoned Shimmerscale and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Shimmerscale, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Shimmerscale when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Shimmerscale, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Shimmerscale (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Shimmerscale), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Shimmerscale (post release)

:question: Is Shimmerscale worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Shimmerscale would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Shimmerscale’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Mega Minion Summoner
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Shimmerscale compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Shimmerscale’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Shimmerscale’s Base Stats?

Note this means Shimmerscale’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Shimmerscale worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Shimmerscale is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Shimmerscale is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Shimmerscale worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Shimmerscale then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

The hero card is updated with the changes.
Polls are now enabled.

This guy would work really well with Zarga Hotm

1 Like

Litterally these new Garrison Guard Family exist for one reason and have one purpose.

Guard Rally Passive: Removes all wither effects from all allies every 4 turns.

On one hand I am glad they are finally releasing direct counters to heroes. In this case it will counter heroes that wither your team. But i would rather they release the counters at the same time as they release the new mechanic instead of having OP heroes with no effective way to deal with them for many months…its just frustrating and unnecessary. $ But $$ I $$$ know $$$$ why $$$$$

3 Likes

Both are new and desired. It will take a long time before getting the tabards/ darts and aethers.
Shimmer will a great addition for the wither counter though IU use Grim for removing wither at the moment and his heal is insane. I like that he hits hard and his minion hits hard a well.

But with this I will retire the Goblin portal. Still feel bad about not having Pepper.

10 Likes

Seems pretty strong imo. Fast hit 3 with a minion that attacks with 300 % (!) of the attack + bleed damage.

1 Like

Quite lucky this time around :partying_face:

10 Likes

I was pulling for a Greg but got lucky

8 Likes

Hahahahaha, i got…. Leonidas.

Endless luck :wink:

5 Likes

Broken, overpowered hero. The definition of P2W. Fast hero dealing damage that spawns a minion, what inflicts dmg from bleeding that is spreading.
You can’t be serious Zynga XD

2 Likes

Does his minion hitting for 300% mean the minion hits as much as his special hit of 300%. I know the minion hit is only to one but seems like a massive hit if they are double limit broken and enhanced with pepperflame/firmin richard and their ilk.

It does. It means you get a hit for 3, then the minion hits one more time and then every time and some spreading poison which is not groundbreaking but very useful. The minion is not as fat as it is for Boom or Mad, but it is going to be annoying especially when he is a fighter. Imagine him reviving at 1 hp and has a minion which hits as hard as he does.
And you need to consider growth cards make his minion very strong. pair him with Dark or Grim those damages are just fantastic.
He also spawns a minion during battle starts. which is a low % but still he starts with a reasonably fat minion without doing anything.

1 Like

The spreading bleed is unlike daroga’s where it needs one extra turn to spread. It’s spreads immediately within the same turn. So it’s technically bleed to 3. Didn’t have this guy but had greg

1 Like

How much did any of you guys pull to Land any of the new? Just completed 140 pulls for the portal to finally spit out Elkanen end then I Can start over trying to pursuade it to let a Goblin go…. Since Christmas I haven’t been able to freakin’ pass the percentage of chance to pull a hero. Being Astral portal or otherwise. It is so much money this year getting nothing. Do you guys that pulled any goblin have the same experience?

For the three times I’ve pulled goblins it’s probably been around 400 pulls total. This is across all the goblin portals that have existed. I pulled 70 this time and didn’t even pull a classic lol

1 Like

First portal was ok, then the fourth gave one. 150+ pulls in covenant last time gave Pepperflame. I am just growing a little wiery on cost to obtain new heroes, so was a little curious. I am waay beyond the 400 pulls in total goblin pulls though…

2 Likes

Cannot believe how lucky I’ve been. Spent a total of $20, $10 on the 1st day of goblin deals and another $10 on this last day for 20 pulls total and managed to get Vanya, Scrollbeast, and Shimmerscale. I finally got my 1st Kettle too :joy:

10 Likes

Im not c2p by any means, but not whale either (have hard montlhy cap of 99eur :grinning:), but have managed to pull 14 goblins since start, of course some copies but in general dont have only blue slow ones. Here im usually spending 24eur or 4x5.99 webstore deals so 20 pulls with one or two occasions when i went up to 36eur because was chasing featured hero. Have managed to get, if not mistaken, 14 goblins with some copies but in general dont have only bad ones (blue slow ones). This portal did only 14x pulls (saved 9 pulls for another time) but got both featured ones+ pepperflame and rocket. Didnt wanna brag or something, just to say that goblins is my alltime luckiest portal, but even with that i didnt pull a goblin for about 3 months i think (last time got lucky when fizzcoil was released). Your moment will come, believe me, just dont chase heroes endlessly- if no luck-chill, take a lil loss and wait for next “good” portal, if luck-congratulations! Pull the rest of portal coins and enjoy your reward because sooner or later new “OP” hero will be released anyway :grinning:

1 Like

I Think I am dropping pulling heroes for a good while. I’ve spend around 2500€ since new year and have only managed to pull Lodius. Every single portal besides that single portal, only Old/classic heroes.
I got goblins the First time, so I am not short on goblins per say, this year has just been infuriating that endless amount of pull compared with e.g. you, and there’s no payoff. Zero. Then you start to doubt resolve.
I am not a whale, but upped my spend significantly and revently, I just wonder what other spend when I feel I cap out. This spend is too High, so those running all new heroes must be spending ludicrus amounts in comparison.
But good to hear some are more lucky, that is at least a little Warming that not all experience a Dead Hole of spending.

Happy gaming and congrats to all that pull either of the garrison heroes.

3 Likes