Season 3 Sneak Peek Discussion

A whole bunch of guessing at this point with nothing firm from the devs. According to the beta players there’s been a massive uptick in beta activity, so it may be the end of this month, but they think next month at the latest

I do think that the POV is a huge bomb, and should be made a lot more beginner-friendly. That said, everything else you said isn’t fact. Some of it isn’t even an opinion, it’s verifiably false. Like

Uh, yeah, everyone does get the same amount of WE; 1 per 10 minutes…

Yeah, It is fair. More than fair. I’m sure I’m not in the top 1000 players in terms of player level (I’m level 43), nor am I top 1000 in terms of TP (My highest TP team is like 3900). But I managed to make top 1000 (rank 600 something) in the legendary challenge event. What more do you want?

It’s legendary, and it’s a competition between players. OF COURSE more experienced players with deeper benches has an advantage. Like, DUHHH!!!

Do you think the Olympics is unfair too, because only the best athletes win? Let’s let beginners compete too, and let a complete amateur who just learned the sport 2 days ago win the gold medal! In what world does that make sense to you?

Newer players can and do finish the event, regardless of rankings. You can see that in the avalon thread.

Creating more content for older, more experienced players absolutely makes sense; because those are the players who are running out of content and getting bored. Beginners have all of the previous content to work through first, they have enough to deal with. They will have more things to look forward to when they get better, it serves as an incentive and also stops them from being overwhelmed by too many things. How is that wrong?

3 Likes

looks like it’s coming out this month after all.

2 Likes

Go look at #news-announcements :wink:

3 Likes

All nice but why exactly the loot ticket drop had decreased? Not like I care that much, but it looks kinda sad among all the other positive changes.

Part of me hoped for old HotMs to be pullable in Valhalla. So now I have to keep pulling on Atlantis to get them even though I’d prefer pulling for new heroes instead of Misandra dupe.

Sigh I guess I am a bit negative about the game after a black series of disappointing pulls.

1 Like

Official Release Announcement

9 Likes

Perthro? or at least looks like that to me

Why reduce loot tickets from war loots and chest… SG

We don’t know how much the loot tickets decrease, and it might have something to do with how seasons two and three will reorganize things. Myself, hardly use any loot tickets right now because I have a team to go through 2:1-9 easily.

Well when at work, loot tickets are often my only hope not to waste the WE. I am on vip and also don’t mind the loot ticket offer so never run short but the rewards from war chests etc are already terrible, if anything they needed a buff and not further nerfs…

4 Likes

My thought is, when companies go through mergers or acquisitions, the investors call the shots…run it all you want but meet our target, so for revenue-wise, less of freebies and more of sales…loots, mats…inclusive, just an opinion.

Moderator’s Note

I asked the Small Giant Staff a few common questions about Season 3, and got back answers:

How long will the Season 3 Valhalla Summon Portal be open each month?

The Valhalla Portal will be open from Thursday 7am UTC until Sunday 7pm UTC.

The first Valhalla Portal will be open from 2020-02-27T07:00:00Z until 2020-03-01T19:00:00Z

The announcement says, “Available Season III Legendary heroes change each month” and the Release Notes day, “The available Season III Legendary Heroes, as well as the available Heroes of The Month, change each month” — we know there will be new Legendary Heroes coming, but does this just mean new ones will be added each month, or does it mean that they’ll be rotated, and some available this month won’t be available next month?

New Featured Legendary Heroes will be added each month, and the old featured ones will be added to the pool.

Can you confirm that Valhalla Coins are available only from completing Season 3 Stages? (i.e. they’re not in loot anywhere)

Currently, that is the plan, but it’s still being discussed.

6 Likes

Seems like as it was during S2 releases.

1 Like

Bet the first few hours of March 1st are going to be kind of heavy on the servers.

1 Like

Thank you very much, @zephyr1 . You clarified the doubts of many players.

1 Like

I think there are 11 hours where s3 portal and telluria overlaps… right?

So… how many S3 legendary heroes will be pullable the first time the portal opens next week?

1 Like

In the US, yes, as I read it. In the UK (of more interest to me) they overlap until about 7pm.

Info on that is here: 🧪 Early Information on Season 3 Valhalla Summon Portal [Part of The Beta Beat V27]

1 Like

The Portal times are universal, so the overlap duration is the same everywhere — it’s just at different times of day, depending on time zone.

1 Like