Sartana - 5* Dark / Purple from Season 1

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Sartana, as well as your thoughts on him.

Sartana

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Wizard
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume

(So far no secondary costume is tested in Beta.)

Origin Family
Season 1 Classic
Image Aether Power Description
dodge Dodge At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% chance to dodge Special Skills that deal damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Deathstrike
  • Deals 452% damage to the target.
  • The target receives 306 Poison damage over 6 turns.

:hugs: Classic Family

:balance_scale: Balance Updates

November 2023 (2nd Balance update)

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Sartana ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Sartana.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Sartana and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Sartana worth summoning for?

• Would you use Sartana on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Sartana ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Sartana as an opponent?

• Would you give Sartana Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Sartana’s character design?

• If you Summoned Sartana and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Sartana, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Sartana when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Sartana, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Sartana (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Sartana), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Sartana (post release)

:question: Is Sartana worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Sartana would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Sartana’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Sartana compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Sartana’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Sartana’s Base Stats?

Note this means Sartana’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Sartana worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Sartana is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Sartana is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Sartana worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Sartana then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

Found a very big Sartana fan :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Maybe they just don’t have other Dark 5* :slight_smile:

Or the other are Quintus and Obakan and for sure regular Sartana is better than them on defense. Although I imagine they are trying to lose cups with this mono defense

2 Likes

yes I know, they are a level 75 player so I assumed they were cup dropping :stuck_out_tongue: just making a joke about the Sarty triplets, hence the :stuck_out_tongue: in my earlier post

1 Like

Someone else with a lot of Sartanas :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So, I have base Sartana +10. I got her very late, as in one of the last vanilla for my collection. I am wondering if people use her for her tile dispel at +20. That has some appeal to me.

I do have another partially emblemed Wizard, that gets little use, that I could reset to get Sartana there. I love the tile dispel always being ready, no charging. There is never a shortage of things to dispel in war, etc these days it seems either.

Anyone else get value from her or is she just too far behind without costumes?

:beers:

3 Likes

I am still using my Sartana on raid / war attacks without any costumes, but she is not maxed emblemed yet.

1 Like

no, but then I have a lot of dispelling Purples already (2x c-Sabina, Seshat, Ametrine, Diaochan), plus C-Victor with his buff steal chance from family bonus. with that depth, I would not rely on a not-100%-reliable Purple dispel from Sartana

as for the snipe… she’s a good sniper, but again my Purple depth is really good. she does sometimes come out for lower levels of Purple CoE or lower levels of Tower events.

if your Purple roster is shallower, she still has her uses I think. and if you have the emblems for her, why not… but you’re better off relying on Sabina or c-Sabina for dispel.

1 Like

I don’t specifically use her for tile dispel, but it is something in the back of my mind. I tend to use her most in magic tower because she can take so many curses.
But reality is with dark tanks being so common, I don’t use her. I really only use dark heroes for cleans, and even then I have a few very fast darks (Sergei (magic), C.Victor, Kage, Turgruk) that Sartana doesn’t come if. If we face yellow tanks, I guarantee I’ll use Sartana and I would use her against a tank with some sort of buff hoping the dispel procs.

1 Like

Can anyone find me an image of a Sartana at 2LB and 20 Blems but without any costumes/costume bonuses?

Need it for a rant-post :rofl:

I’ll try looking for one when I cup drop

855 :crossed_swords:
863 :shield:
1704 :heart:

(without emblems)

sure is low nowadays :cry:

On the other hand, there’s Quintus and Obakan, but Sartana certainly outperforms them in defense. Although it seems they might be intentionally losing trophies with this mono defense strategy.

On the other hand, there’s Quintus and Obakan, but Sartana certainly outperforms them in defense. Although it seems they might be intentionally losing trophies with this mono defense strategy.