Ranger emblems - help!

Below some of the 5s I have maxed and in progress. I went from no legendary rangers to three great ones in a short time, and now I don’t know who should get most of them emblems…

I have up until now spread my emblems to some extent, split them between 5s and notable 4s, and been happy with that. Starting to ponder if it’s time for a major push for def team heroes? Or if there are some heroes that will be staples for titans and thus should be bulked up?

Fours +10 and up: Wilbur, Jackal, Sabina, Caedmon, Triton (prepared to strip fish boy). Have stopped Caed for Ranvir, have paused Wilbs for Tarlak (maybe, if he’s less disappointing maxed…).

What would you do: Athena, Lianna or Seshat for ranger? Or should they all get a pinch?

I would say Seshat. She is a monster once talented and becomes a nightmare once activated.

2 Likes

Yeah she’s a beast already at 3.70… but I’m having a hard time finding a place for her in my teams. Yellow titans for sure, I could use another hitter there. Purple mono. But otherwise?

1 Like

I use her everywhere. Mine is only +6 because I have Triton +11. But she is amazing, def/off, doesn’t really matter. I won at tournaments and wars so many times only with her the last hero standing, so tough she is. I really forgot how many times she saved me. One hero army :slight_smile:

4 Likes

She is sturdy… and the minions are quite amazing, crit-killing injured corner heroes. Hmm. I usually raid 3-2 with the two being Hel and Kunchen and three strong against the tank. If I go 4-1 GM is most often the odd one out. Maybe time to change things up a bit :).

Tough choice! But I would go with who use you most on defense

1 Like

Thought of that too, but it’s tricky… right now none of them are, Lianna and Ses not being finished yet and Athena hard to fit in (but she’s my current war tank which is why she got the emblems Triton didn’t have).

I’ve been very fortunate with awesome purple heroes. Right now def is GM-Kunch-Poseidon-Kage-Elk. I swap between Kunchen and Poseidon tank depending on how active I can be on raid offense - Poseidon tank gets attacked more than Kunch and gives nice revenges to fill chests (they both hold me comfortably in diamond over night).

What def would you build from above heroes? Magni, Lianna, GM#2 and Seshat will get maxed as soon as mats show.

I am surprised; I really thought this thread would be all pro-Athena responses. I don’t have her (or Lianna, but I do have Seshat and opted for Evelyn over her), but my understanding is that she’s a hero with a totally unique special, widely regarded as one of the best heroes in the game, and useful on many titans and raids.

If it helps, I chose Evelyn over Seshat because my usage for her is way higher (both fight their strong color titans, but Evelyn makes twice as many raids). Also, Seshat doesn’t need as much help in my experience (because she already hits hard and is very robust after her special), whereas I often have trouble having generating kills even after Evelyn’s special. It’s partly because I don’t have a good partner for her - Caedmon +18 is what I’m using now.

2 Likes

She doesn’t have Eve, otherwise I would have told her to go for Eve. I almost cried because I didn’t get her, no matter how much I spent. And some people I know, got 4-5 Eve :rofl:

1 Like

Yep, I saw that. Maybe my post wasn’t clear enough. My points are:

1. Pro-Athena because she is unique and incredibly powerful.

2. Anti-Seshat because she is already strong enough as is. My personal experience is that maxed Seshat is very strong (stronger than Evelyn, in a vacuum). For my own roster, that compelled me to make my Ranger decision as Evelyn over Seshat, to shore up a weakness.

1 Like

There’s an argument for Athena based strictly on titans. But if Athena is your war tank as well? Then to me it seems almost automatic you’ve got to go with Athena. Tank is a critical position.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes critical position indeed, but tank colours vary over time in our alliance. They’re not set in stone. I’ve also tried Frida for tank - Athena seems a bit better there but not enough time to be certain yet. And before I’m sure, we might’ve swapped colour again :).

Interesting. I think Frida should be slightly stronger at tank for blues.

Well then I’d strongly consider putting them on Lianna someday because I think she’s great on defense and offense and looks to be your clear cut best green for defense. She can go on flank or wing and provide great kill pressure on D.

As I said there’s an argument for Athena if you take her to most titans. If you take Wilbur instead then less of an argument they should go to her.

Seshat is strong but I’d argue you shouldn’t put them on her because you’re so deep in purple with Kunchen, Hel and Kage. Need to bring some balance, you could only fit a couple purples on defense at most. Show one of the other colours some love.

1 Like

I chose Athena. (But I’ve changed…) I typically bring her on offense as the lead hitter of a pair, say Athena/Alasie or Athena/Magni. As such, if she could get her Pierce activated, it’s a big bonus.

Then I got Frida. She weakens the argument for getting Pierce on Athena, as a blue three-stack will have Athena hitting after Frida, and Frida will have stripped any +defense buff.

Mine sit on Alasie now, who is on my defense teams (raid and war).

Of the ones you have, I still think there’s a strong case for Athena. Piercing a +defense then flipping it to a big -defense is a great use case for Ranger emblems.

OTOH Seshat is so good, especially facing Guinevere. She’s completely side-lined my Sartana and killed any chance of Domitia getting tabards.

The real question is, who’s on your war defense?

1 Like

Right now my war def is Kunch-GM-Athena-Kage-Poseidon and I’m a 2-3 flag kill. No oneshots last war (but I know that don’t say too much about def team quality…). Elk might get swapped in on FA.

We are about to change war tank colour soon though I think, and there’s been a lot of change there historically, so I’m reluctant to distribute emblems just for that purpose. Gave Athena +3 as I had a bunch I never got around to put on Triton.

Lianna will most likely go on my def team and see blue titans. Not sure about Seshat for def - I’m heavy in purple and Kunchen is my best tank, making other purples iffy there. I’m not too considered about raid def though as long as I stay in diamond: but I would like to have a solid and adequately emblemed roster of 5s to pick and choose from.

For titans, Wilbur is essential. Lower titans I could see Athena replacing him, but 10 and up I want Wilbur and Athena will then only be in red titan team.

Many thanks for your help! Looks like Athena will get the bulk of what I take from Triton once Magni is ready for action.

Given your clarification I’d put them on Lianna long term personally. The Ranger tree is amazing for snipers and Lianna hits like a truck. She can be your green mainstay, very flexible.

1 Like

Argh… :). Thanks! I might give Athena three more nodes, she’s a bit on the squishy side, but will probably give the rest to Lianna then.

1 Like

I like Pierce on Athena as well. I have Lianna too and use both heavily but get more overall use from Athena (titans, PVE, etc). I activated the first node for her but am nervous about which path to choose. If I go attack she could be like a 5* version of Grimm but I get the impression people are suggesting def + health. I want to do what’s right for the hero, not necessarily what I want. Thoughts?

1 Like

I had the same 3 to choose for Ranger.

I stripped Lianna and gave them to Athena (defense) and Seshat (attack). This has worked out pretty well for me thus far.

2 Likes

I have Athena +7 down the attack path as one of my foundational heroes and think I would probably have been better off going with defense.

3 Likes