Pull in Sand Empire or wait until Morlovia?

Which is better event to pull from? Roc looks good but I am not crazy about the other Sand Empire heroes. I have yet to pull from either event. Morlovia has a very fast 4 star and 5 star and will likely get at least one new hero. Thoughts?

I’d say none of those… Wait avalon

1 Like

To clarify, I’m talking about using my EHT only, not gems.

2 Likes

I d probably choose sand empire over morlovia.
But i d wait christmas

4 Likes

We don’t know anything about the coming Halloween revamp, so no idea on the new heroes that will come.

If you don’t have Buddy, then I second waiting for Christmas.

8 Likes

Thank you. Last year I saved all my EHT for Christmas and pulled MN, Santa, Buddy, and Rudolph, so I plan to target another event this year.

7 Likes

We ultimately don’t know how the two events are going to compare since we have no info about the new Morlovia heroes. As it stands, I think all three 5* Sand heroes are at solid, although Yunan’s usefulness might be dependent on if you already have a top line green tank. I do think Roc is a definitive step below a lot of the new heroes that have come out in the last year or so, but he does have nice stats and I’m not as down on him as some are.

I struck out on Victor last year, though I think he’s quite useful and I’d still like to get him. I think he is probably better than any of the Sand 5s, depending on whether or not Yunan would wind up as your tank. Valeria’s worth totally depends on where you are in the game, as once you move past relying on 4s she becomes kind of blah. You can’t use mana troops in 4* tournaments and without actually getting her special in 6 tiles she is much less useful. I just got the two Sand 4*s today and expect they will be situationally useful in tournaments, and for a player at the right point in the game they’ll be great for frield aid wars (though the Vampires do help there too!)

Ultimately I think it comes down to individual roster needs. I wouldn’t be surprised, however, if there is a new hero in Morlovia that ends up being the best of the bunch.

6 Likes

That’s quite a draw!

1 Like

Thank you. I have Telluria so I don’t need a green tank, and given that the HOTM this month seems underwhelming I think I will wait in the hopes that Halloween offers something better. I skipped the Easter event so I should have a decent amount of tokens by then. Thanks everyone for the advice!

2 Likes

Seasonal 4* heroes

I agree.

4* Winter ( Buddy ) >

4* Halloween ( Valeria ) / 4* Spring ( Woolerton) >

4* Summer ( Gafar )

Winter - Green 4* defense debuffer Buddy
Halloween - blue 4* Valeria ( see notes )
Spring - yellow 4* Lady Woolerton ( yay! yellow 4* healer ).
Summer - purple 4* Gafar ( purple sniper and anti healer for Field Aid ).

Mostly because purple 4* have so much competition ( see notes ).

I would not mind 2x to 3x Valeria.

Notes

Click for notes

blue 4* Valeria

Dark 4* heroes

FIN

7 Likes

Wow thank you I love the analysis and detailed response!

1 Like

Revamp… ahahahaha!

2 Likes

My experience is different with a +20 Jackal on my Yellow A team.

And in other teams, I just run more than one… me loves me my JackPackAttack…

2 Likes

I agree with @Halifax. Of all elemental defense debuffer, only G.Jackal is the very fast hero. Indeed he is squishy, but that compensates with his mana speed and very high attack stat. And since he is squishy, you may have to rely on his class talent to kick in if you emblem the hero, hoping he can dodge the offensive skills targeting him.

Back on topic, @Ranger07, I would suggest you either summon this seasonal event (skillwise, Rana is better than Roc; statwise, Roc edges Rana IMO) or during the Return of Morlovia as there will be four more new heroes to be introduced in November (2 legendaries, 1 epic and 1 rare heroes, assuming SG is following their template with Springvale and SandEmpire). For December, you will only miss 1 legendary, 1 epic and 1 rare heroes since you have completed getting them previously (so jealous of you).

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Gunnar DEF > Jackal DEF

4*+20 does add HP, and DEF, to Jackal. Even if you choose 100% attack path.

But a yellow Jackal 4* 4.70 has less defense than blue Gunnar 3* 3.50 , as much as blue Grimm 4* 4.70, a tiny bit more than red Scarlett 4* 4.70 ( see notes ).

Pack

I agree.

I did say Jackal / Valeria are great in duplicate.

Notes

Click for notes

FIN

1 Like

I concentrated on known seasonal heroes because SGG can be very annoying.

As Lady Woolerton shows, any new Epic could be very awesome ( 3 years for a yellow 4* healer ).

1 Like

Or could be not, too.

1 Like