[Primer] How come the leaders in the tournament have so many more points than me? or tournament seeding, time zones, and Elo rating deflation

So it’s roughly been 1 year + 4 months since the first raid tournament (back when the loot was better) and since I’ve chosen to specialize on 3* rarity myself. I have what I think is a pretty deep roster in this rarity, heroes loaded with emblems and at least 2 troops of each color in 2* rarity above level 8. I went all in for this rarity basically.

Now personally, I only decided to emblem them for fun, same with leveling 2* troops. I just wanted to do well in this format regardless of how well I would do in other formats or if my other team strengths would fall behind (I seem to still do ok, but it’s noticeable that my 4* and 5* teams are weaker than other players at my level).

Since I mostly emblemed my 3*s to do well, I was curious to see if I was getting some sort of profit after the question had been posed here: Crew-Saders! - #199 by DaveCozy I noted that with RNG, I had just broken even by winning more than 230 emblems (in general, not in one specific class) for one of my 3*s. That’s about the amount of emblems needed to take a 3* to +20.

So after a year you can essentially expect recover enough emblems for just one 3* that is maxed. Assuming you place in top 1% all the time. Note too that I also have several troops at level 15 in 2* rarity.

Now I also noted that some of the loot I won was with the initially nerfed tournament loot as of the 2nd tournament – so the wait time might be a little faster in the future.

All the above brings me to this point though:

It’s no accident that 3* tournaments are least frequent format. The devs clearly don’t want players to profit off them, or at least if they’re going to profit they want to make sure it takes time to do so.

I’m not really complaining since I never really emblemed them to make a profit. I only did it for fun. And I understand where they are coming from too, since you don’t have to really spend much money or grind away a lot to get good teams of 3* heroes maxed and emblemed.

It also explains why the loot was heavily nerfed at first. If players in 3* tournaments were winning 100 emblems via RNG, that would more than make up for the time and resources spent embleming 3*s. They made sure to make the time spent profiting for 3*s much, much longer.

Due to all this. I’ve chosen to only emblem two 3*s per class to +18 ~ +20 (except Paladin, where I couldn’t choose between Ei-Dunn, Gunnar and Tyrum, so I did all of them).

Given that I make proper choices, my depth should be sufficient to have fun in all 3* tournaments that come, while still maintaining a competitive defense.

Edit: my 17 3* that have emblems below (will make it 18 if I get Agnes, maybe 19 if I get Isshtak’s costume). 3* tournament weeks, are my favorite weeks. They make me enjoy the game.

10 Likes