Poseidon – New Atlantis Hero: First Thoughts & Discussion

I’m hoping that too…while fully mentally preparing for it being Poseidon and Atomos.

2 Likes

Poseidon will be a decent hero, the ability appears to be a little to circumstantial. If he were immune to negative mana affects and cleared mana effects not just “new” ones as well as for 3 turns , that would be really cool. ( I realize anything is subject to change by release) . In all I’d really like to have him!

1 Like

That being said I really like the idea of protection against certain ailments, especially if the heros end up being fast charging. Makes match ups for some tanks more controllable. In this case Guin. Okay now I really want him :slight_smile:

Trouble is—he’s a holy hero. Not the color I would normally choose to fight a Guin tank. His skill will prevent Sorcerers’ Delay from proc’ing, and he’ll be great against purple tanks with a side of Alasie and maybe an incidental Leonidas. I’ll reserve judgment until he’s released, but I think I will prefer Joon to Poseidon in most cases.

2 Likes

It’s not an insane choice, since a lot of people go double dark flank. But yeah, that’s not the first thing I reach for.

I want him for a ridiculously high def Atlantis family defense. Ariel/Poseidon/4+X Proteus sounds pretty unpleasant to go after.

1 Like

A fairly niche 5 doesn’t strike me as darts worthy, but gotta see those base stats first. Wouldn’t be as miffed as if I got Atomos, though :grin:

What we’re his latest beta base stats? Particularly his attack? I’m assuming he’s on par with Alice in the mid-700’s?

Insert one Poseidon…

6 Likes

This exactly, only with Ares at tank…because Atomos is deeply meh to me.

1 Like

Poseidon last seen with a statline of 745 / 718 / 1349

2 Likes

…and carrying a large trident, headed for Atlantis. Suspect is considered armed and dangerous. Do not attempt to apprehend.

6 Likes

jaws

13 Likes

1 Damascus left and 13 darts.

Joon 3/70 or Poseidon (just pulled him). Vivica and Leonidas at 3/70 for the longest time.
Who would you up and why.

2 Likes

The mana shield is nice, but I doesn’t sync with his colour at all. Most mana down heroes are yellow. Attacking Guin with Poseidon means you deal less damage and nobody is gonna attack Poseidon with Leonidas/Chao/Li Xiu/Gretel/Onatel, which makes his secondary effect kinda useless.
He might be useable as flank to a purple hero, but there’s still not a big chance that the resist will be used.
He counters Hel, Proteus and Merlin, but they aren’t usually on defensive teams, and attackers can just not use them if they see Poseidon.

I think you can treat him as a fast yellow sniper, in which case Joon is better.

He has some synergy with his daughter. She does mana up and he should prevent a dispel by mana down.

So in total, not my favorite yellow hero, but not bad either. If you run a Atlantis team he might be better than Joon, otherwise I would rank him slightly below. Still better than Jutsice and Leonidas.

5 Likes

do you need a healer or a sniper? if so, Joon and Vivica are your choices, Poseidon isn’t better than Joon, and if you need a healer then Vivica is just indispensable

1 Like

The fact that they paired him with Hel in the portal suggests he’s thought of as a Hel-counter, not a Guin-counter.

5 Likes

he is decent , not mandatory but still good to have , just like Musashi , but in fact he got quite high defensive point and would be better if paired with Ariel , could be alternative of sniper tank if you dont have good yellow tank

1 Like

F2P here, and I pulled Poseidon this morning. Pretty stoked, as landing these special 5-star heroes is pretty rare for F2P, especially on the first day they are available. My “problem” is that I have Onatel at 3^70 waiting for darts, which she will definitely get once I have them. Too much utility and versatility not to make her the priority. So it will be a while before I bring him to full power. (Good “problem” to have, I know.)

Still, my bench of fighter class heroes is very “meh” (best is Valen 3^50+10), so he at least will have utility for me there, even at 2^60, I suspect. Also, my four-star yellow heroes right now include: Danzaburo 4^70+4, Danzaburo 1^1, and Danzaburo 1^1. That’s the list; I wish I were joking. So a powerful yellow sniper makes a nice addition to my war bench, and if I bring him to 3^70, he will be better for Titans than Danza because of his consistent high damage special and fast mana. I wish I had Proteus and Triton to pair with him for the family bonus, but in a pinch, I have Melia and Mnesseus that I could put with him in a deep bench war team to try and keep him alive a bit longer to fire.

Appreciate everyone noting that Joon is preferable for a yellow sniper. There’s a chance I could get him out of my TC20, so maybe I’ll hold onto orbs/darts after maxing Onatel and see if Joon pops up.

4 Likes

I don’t have any yellow 5* dmg dealer to pair with my Jackal. Still running him with Chao, which is not very effective in mid diamond anymore.

Would like to have Poseidon just for the dmg he deals. But would definitely like any other yellow dmg dealer more. As others outlined (and I did in another thread as well), his secondary effect is not pairing well with his colour. On lucky board it gets you through Guin, but you wouldn’t normally take yellow to counter her. I am not that much bothered by mana controllers to use a slot for an attempt to avoid it. And on def that makes no sense at all.

2 Likes