🏯 [Oct 2020] Ninja Tower Event - FAQ & Discussion

I don’t think the ninja troops will, as IMO they’re really only suited for fast snipers to juice up their attack. For very fast and average heroes, mana troops are still king since being able to charge in 2 and 3 matches respectively is such a game changer.

Also completely agreed on how much of a time sink it is and how repetitive it gets towards the end. Tbh I’d be ok with both if the rewards matched the required effort and resources, but the rewards are absolutely paltry and a joke compared to challenge events, and challenge events are nowhere near as challenging or tedious.

2 Likes

Just, I feel I need to answer that.
Although I agree rewards is not good enough, all 4* mats for finishing is just as stupid and unbalanced. Monthly events hardly give that for whoever finishes first.
But an interesting enough prize for those who finish could be nice.

Also quitting because this OPTIONAL quest is too hard is just… WTF

I think one each of a 3* mat along with a suitable number of emblems and maybe one random 4* mat as completion rewards would be appropriate. After all you that’s about what you get for completing all tiers of the challenge events (minus the 4* mat, but since NT is way harder and more resource consuming, I think it’s justified).

I’m not quitting the game, I would just skip this event. The difficulty was fine, really… it was just the difficulty combined with the time involved was more than I want to spend on this game. Which is frustrating, because I would hate to give up a chance on emblems. But I don’t want to waste 6 hours on this event again.

1 Like

I dont know where to post feedback in this forum, but overall, i found the ninja tower so difficult - i was very frustrated with it, i paid 100 gems for 2 refils (that only refil to 5!!!) And i have a decent bench and i couldnt complete it which sucks - this is the first event i havent completed in ages. Its waayy tooo difficult & ive been playing about 2years, cant imagine how a newbie would find the tower!

Check this out, lots of strategies and suggestions that should be able to help you reach the top next time

1 Like

I don’t mind the tower. It’s something new and will take some adjustments. My biggest issue with it is the poor rewards. It’s not worth the time investment, never mind the resources.

Add to that, I finished on Saturday with a rank of 4176th. As of Sunday evening, I’ve dropped to 22,857th. And all I can do is sit and watch my rewards decline. That wouldn’t be so bad if I’d already received a completion reward based on rank when I finished.

A ‘race’ to the finish only incentivizes purchasing energy pots to finish quicker. I agree a completion award would make everyone feel better; however, cannot base it off rank, as rank is fluid until the event ends for all.

I am still bewildered by the fact that no one involved in testing this failure had any complaints. It appears to me to have about a 90% disapproval rate. Bring back Tavern of Legends with some spin - just like tournaments. No purple one time, only 4-stars the next.

Keep in mind the time drain for the tower. I believe most Beta players probably just tested the basic mechanics and focused more on the heroes. I doubt many of them had the time to fully run all 50 levels.

Also, rewards aren’t final in beta, if shared at all. (And no, I’m not a Beta player)

Where on earth did you get that impression???

Just because something is released to game, doesn’t mean that Beta Testers were “happy” with it… We make suggestions & give feedback. SGG decide what feedback to enact (if any).

As an FYI, Beta Testers (almost) unanimously had the following feedback

1. Lack of completion rewards is an issue

2. Tiered rewards is a bit harsh, would have been better to use the Tournament Style rewards where players are broken into % based tiers rather than position based tiers.

3. Lack of Ascension Materials (of any kind) is not overly desired…

4. Battles are VERY long… making the time-sink required per day pretty arduous… Add to that the fact that battles are very similar (being tile slogs) it makes the event quickly become boring, repetitive and a chore.

5. Usual summons feedback (increase odds & make cheaper etc…)

6. The CHALLENGE aspect was well received… just the rewards didn’t justify the effort required for most players

10 Likes

Lost 2 heroes had 8 more 1/2

Just needs an adjustment to rewards and how long it takes, either longer duration or fewer levels 25-30 levels of this would be enough.Drop the first 20-25 levels

1 Like

Here are my thoughts on the new event:

• in general it is fun, new and a good challenge
  • the number of coins after you finished a floor is way too low. Change it to 10 coins per floor, so that players who only can finish up to 10 floors get at least a chance for a summon.
  • the oni tiles are good, but they appear almost every turn. You are more busy with dealing with them then even looking at the enemies, honestly. Just restrict the number of possible oni tiles (once every 7th or 10th Turn).
  • two bigger problems are: a) if your hero gets the oni twice, its costume is also out of game.
    These should be treated as separated heroes. b) When a new oni tile just appears and your last hero on the field dies, it got one oni curse, although the curse should only be activated after 3 turns.
  • An indicator of how strong the enemies are would be nice at each floor (3.000 … 4.000 … 5.000) :wink:
  • be brave and exclude normal heroes from special event summonings! People get really frustrated. Our time & money spent should get proper appreciation.
3 Likes

Well I made it through. Honestly, I’m glad I can say that, but I sure don’t want to do it again in two months. I think that’s an issue too: even if you make it a big challenge, people who finish it know they can. But do they want to do it again two months later? I think this seriously needs some adjustments so that it’s more fun and less of a slog through long battles.

1 Like

There were 100 levels in beta as far as I’ve been told

First pass yes. Second time we tested it had dropped to 50.

Obviously this Ninja tower event is the most challenging and difficult in my opinion. Once hero got 2x cursed then we cannot use that hero anymore. Many of my alliance friends cannot use their heroes anymore and they will not spend getting more ninja energy flask since they do not have enough good or no more heroes to fight. Just to get through the high ninja floors, we spent many good battle items so the current event rules and rewards do not look good enough. I would SUGGEST to change the rule to 5 x curse limit and more rewards.

1 Like

With 800 comments on this thread and growing, I doubt that mine will be read by anyone, but for the record: …

• Like several, I was very frustrated at the end of day 3: had used 40 flags (consumed a few gems, but then a member of my alliance suggested that they would wait until day 5 to decide if that was worth it and I agree). At that point I was not sure I would even make it to level 40. I adjusted my battle items and days 4 and 5 were much easier.

• I agree with the person who said that the ninja heroes were ‘a blur’, hard to differentiate and without much individual character.

• Now finished, I am disappointed that I can no longer go back and analyze my roster, to see how many were fully cursed and who survived.

• As a P2E player (to enjoy, maybe slightly higher that C2P) I saw the reward levels, and decided not to care about them. I just wanted to enjoy the experience. Overall, I did. There are many ways to improve it, and I am optimistic that SGG will figure them out.

• Overall, I liked the concept, but hope for improvements nexttime.

5 Likes

Did u think empire and puzzle having players like u with lot of money and heroes? If event is designed that need to be suitable for most percentage of people . Kind request u start to play game without spending after that put this message then I will stand for u .

I just finished. It was challenging, a bit too time consuming, and the kick in the nuts is no completions rewards. It has promise, just needs the rewards to balance out.

1 Like

Cookie Settings