🔵 [Nov 29, 2020] Trials of Piety – Guide, Sharing & Discussion!

It’s time for Trials of Piety!

This is the Sixth of the Trials in the 20th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Piety Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Piety?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Piety?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Piety?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Piety?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Piety

• Trials of Piety is relatively heavy on healer options — did you bring any healers? And were you able to find sufficient firepower amongst your Cleric and Monk choices?

• Monk Wilbur really shines for Quests and Trials, both for making survival easier, and for debuffing enemy defense. Do you have Wilbur, and if so, did you bring him along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Piety occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Piety Discussions
6 Likes

Went back to the old team for this one
Last time Wilbur was +10

Pretty good boards, was picking on Joon but Boril just popped before him

I really hate Mr Tuck on this one :rofl:

Monks for Joon the rest saved

6 Likes

Team as last time. Went into the boss-battle with all specials loaded and made good progress, but when annoying Gimli and Tuck loaded their counter, I had only Boss Joon to do damage via Wilbur. When Joon was finished the game became challenging. I lost Elrond and Li Xiu, when I decided to give them hell. Emblems to Grazul now +16, and in store for Joon+8. Trainer to Poseidon.

6 Likes

I changed Leonidas for White Rabbit so as to have just a cleric team. I know it’d be a bit harder as Leonidas hits stronger.
I decided to kill Joon first, and then Boril died because of his own skill stolen by the hatter.:grin:

Cleric emblems will go to the Hatter and the monk ones will have to wait.
Trainer to the (amazing) Gullinbursti.

6 Likes

Ariel and jabberwok in rigard and awge out after 4* used some small heath as mobs picking on gafa :confused:.

Emblems jabberwok and ariel trainer jackal 2 :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Not easy, this one for me. I miss Grevle… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Managed the first two stages though, with

Gan Ju

Sumle 3/20

Hansel 3/40

Rigard 4/30

Mist

I know, weird team, hah! But it’s what I had. And I really want to share it, so others that might also be new will give it a go, it is possible, at least some of it.

Good luck to all :four_leaf_clover:

8 Likes

My team this time:

• Chef Boldtusk +20
  • Wilbur +20
  • Joon 4^66
  • Gafar +18
  • Candy Skittleskull +18

Compared to last time, I swapped in Joon for Li Xiu +20. At this point, stat-wise, Li Xiu might be a hair better, but Joon has fast mana and better attacking stats, and with Wilbur, I should be able to keep him alive. By next time, he’ll have several emblems and be the clear-cut favorite over Li.

Mob waves were largely non-notable. Fired Boldtusk a couple of times to keep everyone’s HP topped off, and used Wilbur on an early wave just to save time. Accidentally set off my purple diamond trying to kill the very last mobling before the bosses, which rendered Gafar largely a non-factor in the boss wave, but I did have all specials charged and a green diamond on the board. Since Boss Joon withstood Wilbur’s defense down, I focused fire on Tuck. As noted, I wasn’t able to counter Tuck’s heal with Gafar, and both Boss Joon and Boss Boril fired once as well. After Boril fired, I focused on Joon to avoid getting my snipers riposted. As soon as Boldtusk and Wilbur’s buffs wore off, I fired them again and formed another green diamond. Popping that one set off a crazy cascade that took down all three bosses at once. I know Skittles gets the business on here, but I’m telling y’all, if you lack cleric firepower, you can do worse that a costume Skittles. Her tile damage is quite high, and between Wilbur’s buff and Skittles’ debuff, I could barely even tell when Boss Joon fired.

Just short of the emblems needed to give Vivica another node. Monk emblems saved for Joon, who also gets the trainer hero.

4 Likes

4x Heroes Challenge :muscle:

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Other Option
2020-11-29_21-37-39

Battle

Decent start on boss stage, not used items so far, all mana charged.

Well, 99% All bosses activate monk’s Whitestand and cleric’s Manashield :sweat_smile:
Gafar is squishy without emblems, so need some items to finish this trial.

Reward

Monk and cleric emblems keep, maybe for Snow White.
Trainer goes to 3rd Gullinbursti.

6 Likes

Is this a new challenge?:astonished:

It is stated at Trial of Survival:

Well, already struggled used many items… not sure if I can manage for all Trial with 4x Heroes, but this is interesting, just once for all trial, and that’s it, a goal is interesting :muscle:

3 Likes

I could manage if it was just with rangers or clerics.

1 Like

Beat it with this team:

Here was my bench:

This is probably one of my most populous trials in terms of maxed 4* and 5* hero options. It used to be limited to the 5 I had, which were not hitters, but the most recent additions have helped there: Elkanen, c-Lianna. I think this is my first time with them as I was doing challenges that disqualified them previously.

My thought was to keep Rigard for his larger heal and in case Joon blinds me a bunch. It will be my first time in a while doing this with only 1 healer I think. Lianna for firepower and mana slow. Elkanen for firepower and survivability. Joon for firepower and blind. 5th spot I picked Li Xiu with CB. The sole reason is I finished her costume yesterday and thought maybe mana dropping will help if I boost the frequency with mana pots even though her drop percentage is low.

My biggest beefs are:
1 - No D dropper
2 - No debuffer (although I love @Silencio simply stealing it with Hatter :rofl:)

Mobs were largely uneventful. Tiles on the boss stage were absolute garbage until the end. I killed Joon first. Enemy Joon did fire once before dying, but because my Joon had blinded him he missed. He died before Tuck or Boril could fire.

Due to the bad board and all the tile action needed, basically Boril and Tick were always active after that though. I was slowly grinding down on them using Rigard and health pots to heal against riposte damage. Elkanen’s self heal managed to keep him just fine though.

Eventually a big green and yellow cascade was triggered which ended Boril and crippled Tuck. I then just finished Tuck off and that was the end of it:

I think Elkanen, c-Lianna, and Jon’s playing time is safe. Li Xiu is still kind of meh for me :man_shrugging:. If I go single healer Rigard is safe until I get enough scopes for Raff. He can keep up himself, he is a healing monster. I think he will get scopes ahead of Glenda for me. Is your Raff maxed @JussufSegelbaer? If so, does he get a lot of play?

Good luck out there!

:beers:

PS

Agwe could sway you to be used over Jabberwocki @Dudeious.Maximus?

I love the attitude @Gwniver and you’re doing great! That is an awesome team you have and I think you’ll notice exponential progress as they get more leveled. I am jealous of your Hansel who is still avoiding me after 3 years! :laughing:

Once again @Noble_Weasel speaks the truth. You have Vivica maxed too!?!

No words @jinbatsu, you are a monster! Nice work with only 4 heroes! I JF already forgotten about it truthfully after how terrible it would have gone last quest :rofl:. I can’t do it every trial for sure, but I will try on some. Awesome work!

6 Likes

Changed my team, 2 5* in, although vivica is at 3/40ish and costume at 2/something for a small bonus:

Wilbur+18/boril +0 / wu +9 / leonidas +0 / vivica 3/40ish.

As all monk-trials, wu+wilbur=win

Trainer to Vi, emblems on the pile.

5 Likes

C-Skittle came in for Rigard, the only change.to the team.

Trainer going to Mist, emblems saved.

6 Likes

Maxed and +13, but my cleric teams are already too healer-heavy, and she brings no color advantage, so I don’t bring her in trials, but since I like to run a healer in both colors when I raid 3-2, she gets a ton of play, as I lack Gullinbursti and Woolerton. She’s even on my purple titan team just because her tile damage is so high from the emblems. No costume or yellow mana troop to speed her up, though. :frowning:

1 Like

I actually maxed awge as a hitter for trials, as there ain’t many cleric that hit. Plus my love for the lagoon family :family:

3 Likes

Team:

@jinbatsu @Muchacho I’m intrigued by the 4x hero challenge idea and will try it starting next trial.

My board went bad early against the bosses and I lost Joon and Mist because I was trying not to use any items. I ended up having to use a couple minor mana and Jabberwock slowly picked off the bosses with continued healing and mana boosting from Rigard and Ariel. Monk emblems to Jabberwock, cleric emblems to Ariel, trainer hero to Odin (3/29).

4 Likes

He is maxed +1, I think he is too slow, but his special is quite powerful. I play him in war and on trials, maybe in a fast tournament.

1 Like

That actually means a lot to hear - it feels almost bizarre, that I have something that someone else wants! But I understand - Hansel really is fun to play with. Hopefully he will be yours next time he is available. Best of luck to you :slight_smile: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Why should Boril by able to use his mana protection against my time stop in Trials of Piety? I wasted 2-3 time stops before i realized this was happening. Is this supposed to happen? I’ve been playing 2 1/2 years and I don’t ever remember it happening before