🔵 [Nov 20, 2019] Trials of Shadows Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Shadows!

This is the Ninth of the Trials in the 9th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 2.5 hours earlier at 4:30:00 AM (4:30 GMT)._

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Shadows

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Shadows?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Shadows?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Shadows

• Sabina, Lady of the Lake, Costumed Vivica, and Costumed Hawkmoon are the only true healers available for this Trial, since Rumpelstiltskin only heals by chance. Do you have Sabina or Lady of the Lake, or the Costumes for Vivica or Hawkmoon? Did you bring any of them along?

• How did you deal with Boss Scarlett and Skittleskull’s attack debuffs? Some possible options include Antidotes, using Rogue Khiona to overwrite the debuffs, using Sorcerer Mitsuko for mana control, using Sorcerer Ameonna to shed to status effects on herself, using Rogues Inari or Margaret to dodge the specials, using Rogue Peters to silence, or using Rogue Costumed Tyrum to clear the ailments.

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Shadows occurred:

5 Likes

As this is the first Class Trials after Costumes were released, I’ve updated the Guide and the top post of this thread to include mentions of Costumed Hawkmoon and Vivica as healers, and Costumed Tyrum as capable of clearing the status ailments.

If you notice other relevant updates, please let me know! :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Wishing I had started leveling up my Hawkmoon twins sooner…

Looks like I’ll be running two Danza+1s, Scarlett+9, Kelile 3.42, and then a scrub sorcerer (pick from Ameonna 3.60, Jahangir+19, Chochin+3, Gill-Ra or Graymane). I will most certainly be planning to nuke the bosses in the final go-round. I may even need to in the middle difficulty given my roster deficiencies.

7 Likes

Not my favourite trial:

Inari - Mitsuko - Margaret - Jackal - Sabina

8 Likes

Can anybody comment on the reset button? I don’t think I’ll go for the last level unless there is one haha thx

1 Like

I just finished it, no reset token.

8 Likes

Same here, no reset button.

Finished all stages with Sabina +18, Jackal +12, Ursena +1, Danza and Scarlett.

Used some green and blue (small) flasks and an arrow attack or two to kill the bosses. Started with Domitia and bosses Scarlett and Skittles went down after that.

Emblems are for Ursena and Jackal. Trainer hero not sure yet. I am levelling Valeria but no rush. Maybe save him for later…

9 Likes

I will only be able to do Stage 2, I have NO sorcerers at all.
The Rogues I have are:

Kelile: Max
Scarlett: Max
Peters: Max
Layla: Max
Duplicate Kelile: No points on lol

So I will do Stage 2 and if I must take a few bombs and health pots and mana lol. Some emblems are better than none, that is how I see these as, rather than getting all sad and annoyed by the fact I can’t do Stage 3.

6 Likes

Screenshot_20191120-012035

I opened the battle with a bomb and a dragon attack. Lady of the Lake and Mitsuko controlled mana. LOTL and Sabina healed. Easy win.

11 Likes

Marjana - Jackal - Musashi - Cheshire Cat - Scarlett (All maxed - Team power 3840)

Used red pots.
Rogue Emblems for Musashi.
Sorcerer emblems for the Cat.

10 Likes

Same team

Not bad start, got the hooded vixen

Last time i emptyed the tank, this time some bombs and the revival got em

Banking trainers for now. Got 3 on the go, 2nd Elk, Grazul and Khargan

11 Likes

I replaced a maxed Scarlett with Quintus+3:

Nice starting board against the bosses:

No items used. I like this trial more than many others.

10 Likes

I used my almost maxed Thoth along with Quintus. Two not so great heroes ended up being one great hero!

Thoth may even get some emblems!

8 Likes

Sabsy +3
Lakey @80
Mitsy +3
Jackal +14
Ursl +7

Used a single malt. :rofl:
Single small mana drink.

Lakey kept em from charging.

Whine…
Screenshot_20191120_095438

Boss Battle

9 Likes

Completed the first two stages on both my main and Alt #1.

Here is who I took on my main:

Not a significant change from last time. Just a jump in some levels on Kelile. Once I get Hu Tao maxed, I can focus on maxing Danza. Although like I always do when I get wrapped up in the boards, I wasn’t paying attention to Danza’s health and he got KO’d a few turns into the boss fight. Rogue emblems are being saved for Kelile. I am sitting at 233 of them right now. Hoping to hit 250 or higher by the time she hits 4-70. Sorcerer emblems, are being hoarded for now.

Here is who I took on Alt #1:

This was an interesting one to take. Skittles lasted a lot longer than I expected bring at 1-1. And Gill-Ra is my only defense debuffer for this trial, she got defeated early into the boss round. Dawa surprisingly put in some work. Going in the first node was a good decision because she evaded at the most critical moments. Scarlett surprisingly took a lot of hits.

The boss fight in stage 2 took a bit longer because two of my heroes were 1-1 and my power houses so to speak were Scarlett and Dawa. Rogue emblems are being saved for Scarlett #1 and Sorcerer emblems are being saved. They might go on Sabina unless I get around to leveling Gill-Ra in that case they will go to her. Also forgot to mention that I am very short on trap tools. So if I do not get another set of four soon, then I will level and emblem Gill-Ra.

8 Likes

I upgraded Skittleskull 3/60 to Peters 4/70.

Team: Peters / Sabina +20 / Marjana +9 / Scarlett / Khelile

No real problems. Didn’t pay attention and lost Khelile in the last battle. Used two healing potions, one antidote and one bomb.

The rogue emblems are for Marjana; Sorcerer emblems are waiting for a sorcerer… Blue trainer went to Finley, who is 4/61 now.

It is a bit weird that this one has a blue trainer, what with rogues being red-heavy and sorcerers being purple heavy. I mean, of the classes represented, only Alice, Rumplestiltskin and Graymane can actually use this trainer…

7 Likes

I thought this one might give me trouble but I got a red diamond in the final stage to help put me over the top. I used axes, arrows and small and medium healing potions. I have a Marjana that I’ll bring to 3.70 to replace Jahangir after I finish bringing Grazul to 3.70.
Mitsuko will get the Sorcerer emblems. I have enough rogue emblems to finish Scarlett and will probably put some more on Kelile after that.

Screenshot_20191120-054429_Empires

8 Likes

Last Time I did finish the trial but not post it, because I was ill.

So I just copy my last last Team.

My Team This Time

Danza, Sabina max, and Marjana is 3.70 now, also Scarlet+5.

The Battle

Only Danza and Sabina are mana ready, no item used so far.

Scarlett died, I did not notice her, well she is so squishy, but helpfull. Used 10x heal, 3 axes, 3 bombs and 5x bear banner.

The Reward

Emblem both keep it for later.
Trainer to Sonya.

10 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

Swapped Scarlett out for Inari. No other changes.

Battle.

Breezed thru the mob stages like usual. Accidentally triggered my yellow diamond JUST before finishing off the last mob so had nothing on the board going into the boss stage.

Fired off Jackal and Khiona at Scarlett first (as she’s the squishy one). Targetted Skittles 3 times in a row with Morgan and basically killed her with just Morgans special.
Triggered Inari just before Scarlett and Dom fired to make best use of her dodging.

Killed skittles first thanks to Morgan. Then Scarlett fell quick after. Then just whittled away at Dom.

Sabina died early in the boss battle (forgot about her haha). Jackal also died right at the end after dodging 3 straight Dom specials (2x Inari, 1x rogue talent).

Used 1 2* health pot.

Result

Sorcerer emblems into pile for Morgan (need another 20)
Rogue ones awaiting Inari to finish ascending (will also reset khiona when she’s done… Maybe…)

7 Likes