Next alpha lb

Hello,

I am trying to decide whom to Alpha Aether limit break next (I have 10 alpha aethers and only Erlang Shen limit broken for now). My priority is for war defence. We use dark tanks, usually I change between C Freya as tank and Amethyst (for Equalizer) and Alfrike with Ludwig flank for rush.

I am thinking between:

• Ludwig (afraid of a nerf)
  • Anne (to be maxed in a while and also afraid of a nerf)
  • C Freya (missing the aether for the costume)
  • Amethyst (possible nerf)
  • Tetisheri (not lb1 yet)
  • Mr Pengi
  • El Naddaha
  • Lb 2 some 4* instead
  • Other (please specify in the comments)
0 voters

Here is my roster:

I voted for Ludwig based on your alliance using dark tanks and he is an excellent LB2 hero with the initial taunt.

The proposed changes for Ludwig in v59 were not necessarily a nerf, a one turn cut to his mana boost with the initial, low mana gain lopped off meaning the larger mana gains come sooner.

My personal strategy was my best 5* immediately upon receiving the initial Aethers (also happens to be my war tank) and then 3* and 4* for tournaments and to bring some of the best 4* up to strength for facing 5*.

I strongly agree with trying to improve your war team, that feels like the right thing to do. I voted for Ludwig over Amethyst because I am familiar with him and think he is a beast in war and his LB2 power (taunt) is better than hers (fiend resist).

She is an excellent hero and whichever of the two you also use in raids should be the one for LB2.

I don’t know what to expect regarding a “balancing” of Anne (550% to 450% was the proposal which was pushed off). If it were clear that she will avoid a nerf she would likely be the candidate. I don’t have her and am usually very attentive to her when she is on the other team because she wreaks havoc. Great defender that must be a joy to use on attacks of all types as well.

1 Like

Dark tanks are a big factor here. And seeing the onslaught of Ludwigs out there for the past year + and still no nerf means a lot. Tough to kill and and if you get the right neighbors when his special goes… deadly.

Cheers Seek!

2 Likes

I voted for 4* heroes although I agree Ludwig would be the best out of that bunch and alpha-taunt is really annoying! I don’t think you can go wrong with Ludwig!
My war defence is holding ok with C-Freya (and Milady for rush) so I’m planning to use my aethers on some 4* heroes! I am planning to double-LB 2xC-Caedmon, 2xC-Li Xiu and Waddles!

2 Likes

Thanks so much @Sternman @Chadmo and @Luna ! I am also tempted to go for Ludwig/ Anne or for offense to strengthen one of my 4*.

This is why the decision is so difficult :slight_smile: I really appreciate your feedback.

2 Likes

The decision is difficult but once you take it, luxuriate in the result!! :wink:

Quite simply, you have some absolutely top tier options that should remain relevant for quite some time (perhaps Anne gets the nod here, even at 450% she dishes out PAIN and those left alive will suffer if firing specials).

The 4* are a blast to use and Waddles at LB2 is better than many 5* so you will get to use them as well (I am a big fan of boosting heroes you use, that is where you get to see them in action).

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone! Pulled the trigger on Ludwig, now to get him to l. 90 in the next week or so

1 Like