[MASTER] LB2 Favourites

Hello,

Since it’s kind of impossible to do a poll with all the heroes, I am opening this thread to write down here which heroes you think will be very beneficial to limit break, considering both their general utility in the game and the new lb talent.

I will try to compile the list every few days and update the original post, but please keep up your number of choices of 5 per 5*, 4* and 3*.

Here I go with my possible choices:

5* Lord Loki, Ludwig, C. Guardian Gazelle, Alucard, El Naddah; Tetisheri, Ahmose (revive);
4* Kiril + C1 + C2; C. Sabina, Waddles, Sergei, Melendor +C, Rigard+C, Proteus
3* Did not manage to think of it either

1 Like

5* ahmose and Tetisheri with revive for 4 turns

1 Like

Curious who receives ur 2nd LB hero?

I am still thinking of it but probably ludwig will be a good candidate as i often use him anywhere

Just a thought but is Ludwig’s ability counter-productive? It opens you up to the possibility of him soaking up snipes or other specials without any kind of defense up, and dying or getting crippled early before he is able to cast. Obviously the added stats help but still…

3 Likes

In no hurry, but I’m thinking three 4stars will help me out far more than one 5 star right now.

5 Likes

Which hero will be the best with the Alpha Aethers for you?

Not sure who has the “merging powers” :slight_smile: @Dudeious.Maximus @PlayForFun

Please merge this with

1 Like

Does this need merging? Seems specific enough a question to justify being here.

1 Like

Fyi, It was merged to here, that comment was from before it was merged to this appropriate Topic (it was a duplicate Topic created after this)

I see Ludwig getting a lot of love. His defense gets a good boost and the taunt from the start is nice. However, it is dispellable.

I think it gives a reason to level big snipers as well as dispellers. It moves away from the “level as many fast AoE hitters as you can” meta.

Several of the level 90 passives will bring strategy, and of course, as more heroes hit LB2, it’ll seem less powerful overall.

1 Like

This is why I’ve been waiting before breaking anyone. Need to figure out where the fish hooks are. Two of my best heroes are Krampus and Ludwig, but I had been considering this same issue, @Homaclese. I’m wondering if someone else becomes a serviceable tank by getting to start the match with def up or the Black Knight power.

On the other hand, I read @OldCynic 's blog last night where he argues for breaking Ludwig because the taunt can be helpful on offense: My first Limit Break 2 Hero (Empires and Puzzles) Who'd You Pick? • OLD CYNIC

Might be worth it’s own topic.

3 Likes

I’ll just list a couple:
5 star: ccKhagan: Counterattack is perfect for him as a tank while he gets charged. He is beefy enough to take some hits, plus his superior druid minions will be even huger (they are already 500 health for me). Downside is my alliance plays dark tanks…

4 star: Zhou Yu (the only one I have 2LB’d): DoT from minions is up to 300/3 turns (plus troop bonus has mine dealing 122 a turn with level 17 mana troop). The attack boost makes his snipe quite strong if you get it off in time.
Waddles: Worth it for the stat boost. I regularly use him on fairly high level raids and this will solidify him more.

3 Star: Bauchen. Counterattack will make him even more of a beast on defense in 3 star tournaments, esp rush
Edelaide and Nodri: stat boosts will make them more functional at higher levels. Edelaide’s D up will help too!

4 Likes

I get jealous every time you post about this guy. He sounds like a ton of fun to play. I still just have the vanilla version, and I still think he packs enough of a punch to be worth it, although I wish he was average speed.

3 Likes

He is fun to play, but the speed can be an issue. The minions help him stay alive, but there are times he is the ONLY one left alive when he fires-and he isn’t going to clear the board like Khufu or some of the other OP slow heroes.

4 Likes

In offense the pre-taunt works very well.

In defense I don’t think it is as effective. Perhaps if you have a dedicated taunter (not a Ludwig, whose other abilities are more important) that you flank to draw heat off the tank in the (rare) instance that you have specials ready in the first 4 turns. But in tank position it seems quite wasteful

3 Likes

is there a database that shows alpha aether broken heroes out in the wild with their stats?

2 Likes