☀ Meresankh – Season 5 Hero – 5* Holy / Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

OK, so, I figured the best way to resolve this is going to be to compare direct numbers where possible - So, i’ve done a ltitle trawling:

2LB Li Xiu

• Average Speed :heavy_equals_sign:
  • 150% Damage to all :chart_with_downwards_trend:
  • 20% Mana Cut :heavy_equals_sign:
  • Special Note: 5% mana gen bonus from costume bonus
    CLASS Bonus: +50% chance to resist negative effects & returns 100% damage → Nice enough, but not significant enough to sway in my opinion

versus

2LB Meresankh

(presumably full def & hp path)

• Average speed :heavy_equals_sign:
  • 150% to 250% damage (based on mana) :chart_with_downwards_trend: to :chart_with_upwards_trend:
  • 20% mana cut :heavy_equals_sign:
  • -14% mana Generation for 3 turns :x: :chart_with_downwards_trend:
  • Special Note: Family Bonuses = Chance to blind on special damage hit ( :person_shrugging: )
  • Special Note: Passive: Chance at applying 291 Sand Damage over 3 turns (based on stats in image) :chart_with_upwards_trend:
    CLASS Bonus: +15% chance to summon a minion → Another line of defence for bolstering her survivability, obviously countered by minion destroyers, but, no complaints!

versus

2LB Neith

(Presumably also full def path)

• Average Speed :heavy_equals_sign:
  • 200% fixed damage to all :+1:
  • 20% mana cut :heavy_equals_sign:
  • -35% accuracy to all for 3 turns :+1: (stronger than -14% mana gen)
  • Special note: 2019 Family: +Attack & Elemental Link distribution
  • Special Note: Elemental Link - +4% mana generation
  • Special Note: Passive - Blocks mana stopping effects → So, basically Hel and Proteus - not a deal breaker.
    CLASS Bonus: 25% chance to pierce → Good for Counterattack, and more consistent application of 200% damage I guess? But not a ‘dealbreaker’

I’ve excluded the theoretical Costume bonus Guinevere on the basis that she is not an offensive mana cut, but rather a defensive support

Seeing it all laid out together like this? Has honestly swayed me in favour or Meresankh over the other two given her balance of survivability whilst still being able to dish out some damage, but I still stand by seeing one of the 3 minor changes in my suggestions here on the balance discussion. I honestly don’t think she needs anything else though.

8 Likes