☀ Meresankh – Season 5 Hero – 5* Holy / Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

@PlayForFun Could you please create a balance discussion thread for Meresankh ? :blush:

4 Likes

Would have wanted Hetespheres or Hathor. Of course I got her :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I have added it.
Here is it:

3 Likes

Thank you @PlayForFun :blush:

1 Like

Got her and Sobek in 3 coin pulls :exploding_head:

Don’t think she’ll jump ahead of Queen Guowang but may be next before Nemesis.

I used to love my Guin, so the mana cut is welcome, but she feels like an ‘almost amazing’. We’ll see in time I guess.

2 Likes

I ran into her on a raid defense, she had been LB and cant remember the exact team but at first glance this teams appearance looked mild and manageable.

I was caught off guard by a great defensive team, completely underestimated this raid and had my cocky little azz handed to me in less than 2 minutes flat. I wouldn’t completely write her usefulness off.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing one or two small adjustments to her special (as I’ve mentioned in this thread), but, at the same time I am certainly a fan of having a more offensive version of Guin (even with her costume coming shortly).

For those people who are comparing her to Neith, I think there is once again a trade off here whereby based purely on the cards - Meresankh is a more “tanky-yet-offensive” option, Neith is definitely a more “all-offensive” option, and even thinking about Guin? Definitely the defensive choice!

• Meresankh can get both lower and higher damage, but their attack stats are usually around equal (going attack path) - so, on this: Neith gives you consistency, whereas Meresankh can go harder and higher with the extra sand DoT.
  • Meresankh does benefit from a fair bit more defence and health for survivability as well as having minions from druid class too, whereas Neith can potentially Pierce with ranger class.
  • Both have 20% mana cut.
  • Both are average speed.
  • Neith’s 40% blind to all is no joke! Those are still pretty good odds for a miss if you ask me! Meresankh’s got the mana generation reduction which… -14%? does nothing tbh… But at least Mereesankh can blind one target on receiving special skill damage I guess :confused:
7 Likes

I’m soooo underwhelmed by her. Li Xiu does 20% mana cut & with her 2x costumes LB & possible alpha break her stats r close to Meresankh. Should we even be able to compare a S1 4* hero, with costume to a brand new shiny 5* release? In my opinion defo not. The damage is pah at best especially when we are seeing others doing 350-400 to all with ailments & other goodies to boot & she only gives a 14% mana gen ailment. I can’t see why she was released this way but then again they always have to have a lemon to balance the batch. Not impressed. !!! Before u shoot me down I know I’m comparing apples to pears in some respect but I’m trying to make a point that her special, in the current meta is nothing special. Forgive the pun.

8 Likes

She was OP in beta but after the nerf she is really not that good . I have 3/70 neith so confused now whether to give darts to Meresankh or not. Even if her stats are great her SS is not that great for a brand new S5 hero. Her artwork is awesome but if she gets little tweaks in her SS, she can be useful.

5 Likes

OK, so, I figured the best way to resolve this is going to be to compare direct numbers where possible - So, i’ve done a ltitle trawling:

2LB Li Xiu

• Average Speed :heavy_equals_sign:
  • 150% Damage to all :chart_with_downwards_trend:
  • 20% Mana Cut :heavy_equals_sign:
  • Special Note: 5% mana gen bonus from costume bonus
    CLASS Bonus: +50% chance to resist negative effects & returns 100% damage → Nice enough, but not significant enough to sway in my opinion

versus

2LB Meresankh

(presumably full def & hp path)

• Average speed :heavy_equals_sign:
  • 150% to 250% damage (based on mana) :chart_with_downwards_trend: to :chart_with_upwards_trend:
  • 20% mana cut :heavy_equals_sign:
  • -14% mana Generation for 3 turns :x: :chart_with_downwards_trend:
  • Special Note: Family Bonuses = Chance to blind on special damage hit ( :person_shrugging: )
  • Special Note: Passive: Chance at applying 291 Sand Damage over 3 turns (based on stats in image) :chart_with_upwards_trend:
    CLASS Bonus: +15% chance to summon a minion → Another line of defence for bolstering her survivability, obviously countered by minion destroyers, but, no complaints!

versus

2LB Neith

(Presumably also full def path)

• Average Speed :heavy_equals_sign:
  • 200% fixed damage to all :+1:
  • 20% mana cut :heavy_equals_sign:
  • -35% accuracy to all for 3 turns :+1: (stronger than -14% mana gen)
  • Special note: 2019 Family: +Attack & Elemental Link distribution
  • Special Note: Elemental Link - +4% mana generation
  • Special Note: Passive - Blocks mana stopping effects → So, basically Hel and Proteus - not a deal breaker.
    CLASS Bonus: 25% chance to pierce → Good for Counterattack, and more consistent application of 200% damage I guess? But not a ‘dealbreaker’

I’ve excluded the theoretical Costume bonus Guinevere on the basis that she is not an offensive mana cut, but rather a defensive support

Seeing it all laid out together like this? Has honestly swayed me in favour or Meresankh over the other two given her balance of survivability whilst still being able to dish out some damage, but I still stand by seeing one of the 3 minor changes in my suggestions here on the balance discussion. I honestly don’t think she needs anything else though.

8 Likes

Same, and she’s the first new legendary hero I’ve pulled in a while, so I’m extra annoyed.

3 Likes

She went from a must have tank to a I’d much rather have og Guinevere with costume bonus stats

4 Likes

She has a lot of similarities with C2 Leonidas. Both are average holy 5* heroes. Damage to all, reduce mana to all. I’ve have him so Mesesankh isn’t a must have hero.

3 Likes

I have Neith and use her quite a lot. There is someone who uses or used her as the tank for wars when we ran yellows and she did surpisely well but I do think they will make some kind of adjustment for Meres

1 Like

Interesting how a S5 2023 card is being discussed along with a 2019 HOTM.
Not sure how powerful she is, but i think with the right friends she can hold the fort reasonable well.

What was she like in beta? I take it they went too far !!

1 Like

I faced her and she was super annoying, anyway i have a question, her passive sand dmg went through Ursena reflect, is it normal?

1 Like

Can you elaborate on how she was annoying? What was so challenging? Was she the tank?

I got lucky and pulled her. I’m not sure if I should invest all my resources into it. I watched some videos and it seemed she was very underwhelming. And the comments on forums align.

Any specifics would be greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

I just faced her in war twice. I definately wanted to see what she has as I pulled her myself. Both of them were underwhelming and 1 was 2LB. She went off on both times and I won both matches. One the opponent had the nasty purple trio of 2 GPs and Bastet also. They need to give her some kind of buff in all honesty as Neith is a better tank and support hero

5 Likes

Yep that’s normal, passives bypass reflect :slight_smile:

2 Likes