⚔ [May 03, 2020] - 54th Raid Tournament - 5*, Buff Booster; No Purple/ Dark

At the end I’m leaning to this, with one doubt; I’m not a great fan of Onatel in the wings, and my Joon is unemblemed: do you think a +19 Kingston would fit better in this combo instead of the Blind Seer?:thinking:

3 Likes

@Yayo Often, the center-3 in this specific defense will decide the match already… Although agree with Onatel not best in wing, it will most likely work here…
I hope I am not going to face too many of these set ups, as without My purple attack stack I am in deep trouble for this defense…

I will go with this, not sure if I shall take Tyr out, he is unemblemed. Could bring emblemed Morgan or emblemed Kingston or nonEmblemed Puss, who has nice buffs but probably too passive with Guin…

This tournament will be brutal…

2 Likes

Maybe I would go with Kingston (his elemental link counts as a buff also) instead of Tyr…he could only survive longer than the others, but he’s a lonewolf and you probably need some more punch with this set-up…my 20 cents, my friend! :wink:

1 Like

I don’t have much fast(er) buffing heroes, not to mention holy ones. I could tank with Vivica, but I decided to tank with Guardian Chameleon - flanked by Richard and Vela. If GC fires those two will wreck havoc for sure. The only problem is that GC will make all red attacker green and thus strong against those two. Well, nothing is perfect :man_shrugging:

I am expecting a lot of Guins and Tellys, yay! :partying_face:

I’m more or less equal to your doubts. Onatel doubt maybe switch with Kingston.

I’L decide better in the morning before it starts

1 Like

Telly is my only usable 5*, and my roster isn’t that deep, so trying to build a team around her is a giant headache. I’ve listed my roster before in this thread so won’t repeat.

Option 1:

Pros:

• Full of mana controllers/cutters, if the attacker can’t charge they can’t win

Cons:

• Grimm is seriously the weakest link here, just too squishy for flank duty this tourney
  • Mist’s mana slow interferes with Telly’s mana slow

Option 2:

Pros:

• Somewhat deters a red stack, since there’s now two strong colors against

Cons:

• Grimm still not ideal for right flank

Option 3:

Pros:

• Death to red stacks! :rofl:

Cons:

• Weak against green stacks + same cons as 1 and 2

Like I said, when your roster is limited, it’s hard to come up with something that makes sense and has synergy. =(

(just to clarify one thing: LX’s costume is maxed, so with a lv5 mana troop she is “medium fast” instead of average)

1 Like

You can try Li at tank, Most at L flank, Telly at R flank, and Sonya and Grimm on either wing.

I think I’m probably gonna end up with this:

LX on right flank means she’ll hopefully fire at least once and stall for more time for the wing hitters. Still not a fan of wing Grimm but eh what can you do when your roster is limited.

Soooo who do we prefer as tank in this format, Tell+18 or Guinn +0 :thinking::thinking::thinking:

This is going to be fun, facing all Telurria’s.
My Team, is one I am just going to try have some fun/test with:

Kiril / Mist / Telluria / Joon / Evelyn

3990ish TP I think.

1 Like

I’m thinking of running this but not sure on placement:

Telluria is my only maxed 5* hero. I’m guessing attackers will be bringing red so maybe no point in 2 flanking yellow?
Other options are: Scarlett, G.Falcon, Boldtusk, Melendor, Caedmon, Li Xiu (3.60), Danzaburo (3.60)…

meh they should remove telluria from this tournament so that it isnt just like normal raiding lol

some really good teams being used on this thread!

The great try to destroy Telly w/o cRigs tourney. :wink:

I’m going to set up something completely unholy. Mono always disappointed me and I don’t have any yellow 5* buffers nor maxed HotMs with elemental links but Malo, who probably won’t be ideal neither on def nor on att against holy.

3 Likes

To be fair, I think this might be a good little thing because it may showcase some new teams/heroes to pit against destroying Telluria. My roster isn’t as good as a lot, with 5* heroes, I only have a couple max, unfortunately I will have to go 3x Red and 2x Yellow against Telluria, I think (Wilbur, G Falcon, Boldtusk + Joon and Justice)

Honestly I expect to do really bad this Tournament, in both offense and defense BUT as long as I can do all 5 matches in 1 day, I am happy - then I have 30/30 for the Tournament POV Challenge

2 Likes

I decided to bench Guin+18 for this.

2 Likes

This team will be very easy to beat

== trying to use psychology so people don’t use this team so I don’t lose ==

Hopefully it works lol.

Might do dis

Edit: maybe dis actually

1 Like

This entire Tournament in a nutshell:

SGG - “Here we made this tournament which has specific rules to encourage the use of different team line-ups. This will mean that heroes you don’t normally use become valuable & worth consideration”

Players - ■■■■■ YOU!!! EAT TELLURIA ■■■■■■■!!!”

Guardian Owl - sad forgotten noises

20 Likes

I’m waiting for that inevitable thread where someone asks

Hey I just pulled Telly, is she any good? Pls help me make the best defence team. I don’t know whether to ascend her

4 Likes

15 Likes