[Master Discussion] Black Friday Summon Event 2021 - FAQ, Discussion, Offers, Summons Results

There a quite a few MONTHLY offers better in gems to $ ratio, than current BLACK friday offers.
Since this event comes once per year, atleast offers should be on par with best monthly ones if not even be the best IN A YEAR since its only once and since whole IDEA about black friday is about best sales!

So this offers fail in every regard…

4 Likes

Cyber Monday is the typical ‘best deals’ for online purchases. Black Friday deals were always in-person, until greedy people wanted more.

Maybe we wait for Monday?

1 Like

Portal for black friday is already shut down on monday :slight_smile:

Someone in my alliance found this. 7 5* heroes and a hotm as well. I have never seen luck like this before.

21 Likes

If this was any other game than empires and puzzles, this would leave me shocked. However, I firmly believe based off of what I have seen over the years with this game, that not all players have the same odds. Some players get 4* mats all the time, and always have, some get great 5* heroes and always have, always will. Wouldnt surprise me if it is someone affiliated with SG. I mean the odds of that 30 pull happening are right up there with hitting the lottery. But SG will still say just same RNG as everyone lol

2 Likes

Did one last 10x from this for the road, and got The Hatter. Gonna enjoy using him

10 Likes

I have been trying really hard to control myself from summoning at this portal. I have plenty of good non-S1 heroes to work on and would like to finish those first.

But will def start hoarding gems from now onwards for this event next year.

2 Likes

@JackREACHER I got 2 of Gaillard in my first 30 pull and not much after that.

2 Likes

I got 5 new 3* and 3 new 4*. But one of the 4* is Sergei, so I guess I can’t complain. I got a third Balbar, too, but I fed him off.

Pulled Puss in Boots. Please give some good, positive news about this kitty. Thanks!

2 Likes

He’s one of few Rogue healers and otherwise pretty good. Also he’s not getting a costume next Festival so no regrets on that front.

3 Likes

Ok, decided to give it a shot, get the offers and go for one last 30x, borrowing from my December budget (not interested in most of what it has to offer so I am fine not spending much then…).

Result wasn’t overly impressing but defiinitely satisfying :partying_face:

Gaillard was the featured hero I wanted the most; perfect, fast counter for fiends. And bonus chest gave me 6th scope. He’s going to max asap. Best regards to all the Elizabeths out there, we’re coming for you witches.

Not sure what I am going to do with all these Balbars tho, already had 2 anyway. Now I don’t even have gems for extra roster space lol.

So the end results of Black Friday 70 pulls are Xnolphod, Victor dupe (have costume) and Gaillard. +3 Balbars. Both Xnolphod and Gaillard have mats ready, and enough emblems even though they share the same class. Quite good pulls. Will delay working on new Ninjas (Quartz and Zircon) I got earlier but I do not have emblems for them anyway, so they can wait few months. Silly part of me had hopes of Garnet or Ruby hopping out of this portal, but of course the odds were unreal. They are the only heroes I would go after now so no more heavy pulling until Ninja Tower.

13 Likes

He is everything you wish in a healer :slight_smile: Congrats!

If you have other minion makers as well, he is one of a kind diamond!

Congrats Bunny!

I got Garnett which I couldnt get from all the summons in ninja portals each time, but got him now where there are 200* 5 stars :stuck_out_tongue:

And Penolite which I think is overrated… He only does 490% dmg to minion summoners not everyone who has minions, so on offense, thats 1 or 2 heroes at best!

2 Likes

Congrats on landing Gaillard, I think he’s the better of the featured heroes tbh! Looks like you beat the odds, despite the dupe Victor. I feel your pain with the dupe Balbars, I usually never eat spare HOTM but I had 12 so I decided to eat 7 of them haha

1 Like

Hi
In what sense Is Gaillard better than Penolite?
I haven’t seen in game expectations from any of them and can’t see which I would prefer. From the cards they look good both of them, one is sniper and the other may be very dangerous all hitters.

Ps. Featured heroes, is it higher or lower chance to get?

Happy gaming

1 Like

Who are you and what have you done with the real @Suicide_Bunny:thinking:

Congrats on the pulls :wink:.

3 Likes

Thanks @Cerevan_the_Omni and @Kenzo. I also prefer Gaillard to Penolite.

First I’ll start with saying that both are currently amazing heroes to have. I wouldn’t call Penolite a bad hero and wouldn’t complain about pulling her either (though Motega just ate all the darts, so it would be bittersweet for sure). Both of these heroes are meant to counter current meta with fiends (and the remains of it with minions from occasional Bera). Both are pretty much offense-only as well so in that area I will consider them.

Penolite’s big handicap is her average speed (though no way this would be balanced special with fast speed). I don’t think I have issues with fiends and minions when the board is kind enough to let me charge my average speed heroes (and there are lovely options already to manage that). Other thing is you can’t control who is gonna get hit with the truck mode. If tiles let you deal with that Hannah or Elizabeth already, she’s just pretty much mediocre dmg hit-all hero you reserved your spot for. Heal cut is pretty situational these days in offense. And, if the 490% hit isn’t enough to take down the fiend summoner, she’s not protecting you from their fiends at all; if you face a team with a single fiend-summoner or minion summoner whom you want to counter, she may not give much edge over a single-target fast sniper. Her advantage is ‘only’ that all the other guys will be hit for 245%, but you pay for that with average speed and risk you won’t be fast enough. She becomes terrifying when the defense has more fiend summoners and more minion-makers (and, to give her credit, that is not unusual sight these days… C Kadilen - Hannah - Elizabeth are common to see in one line up)

Meanwhile, Gaillard is fast and in a color that you are likely to stack when you face Elizabeth for whom he’s the main nemesis now. Being fast means you can easily charge before the fiend caster - and if you do, for couple turns their specials are reduced to some silly damage only. And even if you deal with the fiend summoner with tiles, or when fiends are out of meta and no more common in defenses, he’s still a fast sniper with the biggest attack stat in the game, and that perk will never get old (for the same reason I ascended two Gefjons and raid with them both regardless of whether I face minions or not, she just never gets old for the hit alone).

Depends on how you look at it. To get one of the two featured hero chance is 0.2%, so 0.1% each. For other legendaries, chance is 2.3%. But with 172 heroes available, that means the odds to get specific other hero chance is ~0.013%. So you are about 7.5 times more likely to pull Penolite than Krampus. But still you are 11.5 times more likely to pull any legendary (current HotM excluded) than any of the featured heroes.

We are all real :rabbit2: :rabbit2: :rabbit2: :rabbit2: :rabbit2:

6 Likes

@Suicide_Bunny
Thank you taking time and explaining!

I have tested now my own Gaillard in combo with Xnolphod in raid. I don’t have Penolite. My Gaillard is only 3.50.
Other team with several heroes of right kind on purpose e.g. Krampus, Bera, Elizabeth etc

I understood your point with Gaillard in real battles. I could keep him fire all the time and those Bera, Elizabeth etc pain were suddenly a fun story. I really like him.

I also got Athena. Oh man what a beauty! So old but worth gold with up to 65% def dwon. A luxury problem to level two blue that I don’t like :wink:

Happy gaming

2 Likes

Yup, my combo partner for Gaillard will be Frida. I expect bodies all around. Fun thing is I also take Lord Loki to that stack, so I plan to feed Elizabeth her own spiders while resisting them when she tries casting on me. Oh boy, good times ahead.

1 Like