🦉 Mariol – 5* Ice / Blue from Owl Tower

New Owl hero is released: Mariol

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Mariol, as well as your thoughts on Mariol.

Mariol

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Cleric
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1143 1163 1920
4/90 1308 1330 2197
Origin Family
Owl Tower Owl
Image Aether Power Description
heal-increase Heal Increase At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +50% increase for any healing received for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Mana Increase Reduction
Reduces the amount of mana increased by Special Skill by -80%. The effect applies to all enemies in the battle.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Healing Mirror
  • Boosts health of all allies by 700. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
  • All allies get Moonrise Ward for 3 turns, that reduces incoming Special Skill damage by -700. Reduces damage by additional 30% when attacker is Holy. /*/
  • Cleanses status ailments from all allies.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

May 2024

:hugs: Family Bonus

Owl Family
Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• All Received mana status ailments will be replaced by a +11% / +31% / 39% mana generation buff for 3 turns.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased from 1017 to 1032.
  • Defense is increased from 1034 to 1048.
  • Health is increased from 1643 to 1701.
  • HP Boost is increased from 400 to 700.
  • Cleanse skill is moved from first position to last, and now it affects all allies instead of caster and nearby allies.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Owl Tower Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v64]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Mariol ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Mariol.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Mariol and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Mariol worth summoning for?

• Would you use Mariol on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Mariol ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Mariol as an opponent?

• Would you give Mariol Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Mariol’s character design?

• If you Summoned Mariol and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Mariol, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Mariol when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Mariol, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Mariol (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Mariol), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Mariol (post release)

:question: Is Mariol worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Mariol would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Mariol’s Primary Purpose is?

• HP Booster (Immediate)
  • Incoming Special Skill Damage Reducer
  • Cleanser
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Mariol compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Mariol’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Mariol’s Base Stats?

Note this means Mariol’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Mariol worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Mariol is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Mariol is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Mariol worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Mariol then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Another freaking cleric healer…

1 Like

this is a fine hero… not especially overpowered… but fine. Kinda makes the owl portal seem inconsequential since the best owl in the game was found @ the mighty pets portal… so… way to pump out… not trash… but nothing especially worthwhile.

Wow this one is strong :open_mouth:

Want this owl - this one will be annoying on defense and super supportive on attack

4 Likes

Yeah much better now that the cleanse is to all heroes, and also a better boost too :thinking:

2 Likes

The support owls have all been good. Especially paired with their family bonus

1 Like

The OP is adjusted with the changes.
Polls are now enabled.

1 Like

great hero. the class isn’t that useful considering the owl family passive

2 Likes

Nautica, Pophit, Marisol… all those blue heroes and generally a lot of good blues around this time. I won’t be pulling here as I don’t have any scopes and they not even offer any

1 Like

Got her first thing in the morning. This doesn’t surprise me. These owls and I are connected like OVO, incredible trackers finding me like the first 48.

9 Likes

First blues 5* healer

9 Likes

pulled 2 Mariols but got mixed feelings about him… not a single one in top100 teams, probably nautica/chang’e fits better to current w3k meta

1 Like

OMG! 2? 2? I can’t even get one and I need a blue boosted healer bad. Only have the base Ariel and using Kiril with the boosted heal.

I have a question. Can’t figure out if a mechanic is broken or I am not seeing it correctly.

Opposing team:

Scorpion lady (purple)
Mariol
Sha Wujin
Phorcys
Chang’e

How the F is protection against special skills damage 7 rounds and Sha’s Dodge applied extended to Five rounds? What mechanic is causing this, I can’t see it. This should not stack!?? Or is Mariol causing an error on mechanics here?

read the family bonus, it extends duration of buffs with 3 additional rounds

3 Likes

Thank you, i did not catch Chang’e/ journey family bonus. Enlightended!

1 Like

It’s the most broken family bonus in the game.

This owl is just way too weak compared to Nautica and HathorC so you wont find it in meta defence.
In offence this one is weaker even than Milena, flat healers w/o any means of mana increase are useless.
I dont know who are those ppl who wote for OP in poll. It’s just On par with most If not worth. Just a mediocre healer with a very high stats.

The moonrise ward is huge. It forces you to bring a dispeller, it reduces your AOE hitters to around 1 to 200 damage per hero… Don’t ignore how good mariol is because you haven’t used the mr ward

3 Likes