[Mar 27, 2019] šŸ”µ Trials of Strength Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

I had Elena dead by a glorious combo and it was just her and my barely hanging on Boldtusk. She revived with her special and killed me. She had burn effect on that would have killed her. I think their attacks were stronger this time around.

2 Likes

I had a better team than last time, thanks to picking up Kage from the last Atlantis. My team was:

• Delilah 4.80+3
  • Grimm 4.70+8
  • Kageburado 3.62
  • Grimm 4.64
  • Boldtusk 4.70

I messed up and wasnā€™t able to go into the last screen with everyoneā€™s special ready, as Dā€™s minions finished off the yard trash sooner than I had hoped. I ended up with a fairly lousy board, and just crafted my way to victory (axes, bombs, dragon attacks). I will be more careful next time.

2 Likes

First time beat the final stage, 3115 tp, 8 health potions, 2 time stops, 3 dragon attacks, v20, long video but good music

4 Likes

Nasty bird on last mob waveā€¦

Nice psy :notes::control_knobs:

Valen + Kageburadoā€¦we might have to average that one out a little bit. :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve learned the hard way, over time, that is useless keeping the specials in the stage 3 were the mobs are hitting hard. Hit them fast and hard right away to clean at least 1 or 2 of them. When its only one remaining try to charge the specials. And use Grim first then the panda to do major damage. :wink:

1 Like

Ha! It was all reds up there in the final stage. RP and RP Junior did the heavy lifting. My leadoff sequence was: BT->Valen->Kage->Gormek->Grimm. It did a fearsome amount of damage to Elena (who is the scariest target when you have no dispels, but lots of antidotes).

1 Like

:slight_smile: I didā€™nt wanted go further without red tiles for bt.I would say; ā€œnasty red tilesā€.

1 Like

Not the best but same team from last timeā€¦ only this time boldtusk went from 3.60 to 4.05 .
Cut it very closeā€¦like extremelyā€¦ Azlar fired off and Elena , leaving only the two boldtusks , with 450 health remaining on Elenaā€¦

I chose not to carpet bomb and tried a chain which left her with 0 health , she died but revived (talent) and she fired off againā€¦ and I was worried af! as I had under 300 HP ( red level ) for both remaining heroesā€¦ luckily I used a bomb before that had her damage weakenedā€¦else it would have been game.over.

I did use 1 mana option, 2 bombs , 1 dragon attack

1 Like

I just got my lvl 19 forge so I just upgraded from Bomb/axe to Dragon/bomb and still easily finished.

1 Like

I like to play safe, so i try finish each wave with full mana , at the last bird i wanted more red tiles for the bosses therefore not killed it.
Yep, i forget often to use the def.-down hero first.

Colen and Grimm are now killers :joy:

2 Likes

Here is the team I brought:

This time, I managed to complete Stage 3, after failing on the past two Trials. Based on feedback (thanks @zephyr1 in particular!), I revisited my whole Forge/Craft plan. I had decided at some point that only Tornado, Miracle, and Time Stop were worthwhile, so I had crossed off many of the so-called ā€œcarpet bombingā€ items from consideration due to conflicting items.

After being frustrated at not finishing the last two, I just decided that I only care about Tornado, as I hadnā€™t really been using Miracle or Time Stop anyway, so I researched Axe, Bomb, and Dragon attacks and cranked out some of those.

Finished Stage 3 this time, using these items: 4 Potent Heal (500hp each), 5 Axes, 3 Bombs, 4 Dragons.

I seem to have materials available to sustain that usage for quite some time, so I guess I will let my frustration go and just join in with the orbital bombardment of the bosses. :smiley:

Good gaming!

3 Likes

Congrats, and enjoy your launch into space!

:rocket::bomb::comet: :boom::fire: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Iā€™ve done a lot of leveling since the last time! This is also the first time ive attempted the final level!

4 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

I apparently forgot to screenshot my team this time while distracted working on the Raid Tournament and Poseidon threads, so hereā€™s a dramatic re-enactment:

Last time Sumitomo was a new addition to the team, as much as anything for fun.

Since last time I maxed a second Boldtusk, so I figured Iā€™d give a two-healer setup a go, and see if it worked well.

Boldtusk Prime has also come to +7 (screenshot is after completing the Trials and upping him another node), and Grimm has come to +6. Plus I worked on troops a bit since then.

Trials of Strength is a fun one for me for leveling progress ā€” during the first cycle I had maxed Gato in that slot, then Sumitomo, and now Boldtusk. By next time Iā€™ll have a second maxed Grimm too.

I really enjoy the visible leveling progress reminders each time I compare my team.

The Battle

As expected with a decent team, the first two Stages were straightforward and item-free.

For the third Stage, the double Boldtusk combo proved useful, and I got through the monsters with at most a minor healing or two.

The Boss Battle started off well, dealing lots of damage from specials, and taking advantage of the attack buff from Boldtusk and defense debuff from Grimm to deal a lot of tile damage.

I used 2 antidotes along the way to clear DoT from Nashgar and Azlar.

For a while, the dual Boldtusks worked well to ensure I had one ready to heal when needed.

As the battle wore on and Iā€™d killed off Azlar, I got into a period of a slower board that I was having trouble avoiding feeding Elena with, and couldnā€™t manage to charge up my Boldtusk duo fast enough, so I started burning through minor healing pots.

When Elena fired and I continued having trouble avoiding hitting her and couldnā€™t heal, I started losing some of my heroes to Riposte and slash attacks.

At that point, Nashgar and Elena were fairly close to dead, so to avoid risk of dying, I used 1 Dragon Attack, which took out Elena; and 1 Bomb, which finished off Nashgar.

Was It Harder?

I probably could have done without the Bomb if this were still Version 19, but I donā€™t think the added HP really made much difference.

I do wonder, though, if Defense has been increased too ā€” if so, that would be a much bigger impact to playing through with specials and tile damage.

Iā€™ll be interested to see how next time goes. Iā€™m thinking by then I might take double Boldtusks, double Grimms, and Hu Tao.

Shiny New Emblems

Boldtusk finally stepped up to +8, continuing on a defense/health build:

Grimm, unfortunately, remains slightly shy of +7 ā€” but with the constant drip of Emblems from Diamond Raid Chests and VIP, new loot to come from the Raid Tournament, plus the upcoming Trials of Survival in a couple weeks, it shouldnā€™t be terribly long before he can step up.

At some point I should decide whether to bring other Fighters and Barbarians up a bit. I use Little John every day in Raids, which makes giving him some Emblems in addition to Grimm an appealing plan.

But in the meantime, Iā€™m just marching forward on the Talent Grid, without much concrete plan for swapping to other heroes in mind yet.

2 Likes

I do it every time with vanilla 4*'s. Since the update it required more item usage. I used arrows axes and some bomb attacks this time. Maybe the board also was a bit below average.

2 Likes

Pfff I had to use the 75 gem continue on stage 4 just to get to bossesā€¦ yeah definitely harder.
I had to use gem continue on the last trials too but never before that. So this is definitely frustrating for a player just hitting level 30.

They want players whi spent money for this gameā€¦ i think that is the motive for making harder some levelsā€¦ frustrating indeedā€¦

If I try, it will be without carpet bombing, just with little potions. For me, there is no point to use my items as you have seen my team above, this will be just for the fun, at least for this trial :wink:
In other trials, I have only 4* and no healers so I use my battles mats too.

1 Like