[Mar 27, 2019] šŸ”µ Trials of Strength Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

Couldnā€™t finish it this time. Last time I did.

I blew through all my items only against the bosses. Time stops included. And I still lost.

Difficulty increase = :poop:

That seems like a pretty good team, definitely better than mine [even if i have better troops], you should definitely retry.

3 Likes

I gotta remember to start taking screenshots! Anyway, I think this is the 1st time Iā€™m noticing the difference emblems can actually make because to me, it was easier than last time! Took Little John, Gormek, Boldtusk, Grimm, and Hu Tao. Hu was 3/60 the rest were maxed But Iā€™ve been using my emblems on B.T. (+7) and Grimm (+5). That mustā€™ve made a difference because thatā€™s the only thing I changed from last time that I can recall but l struggled a bit (enough to use a lot of items) b4 and didnā€™t this go around. I used 1 time stop and one dragon attack and the dragon was really a waste. With B.T. then Gormek going off 1st, Grimm hits Hard along with L.J. Idk but it was a breeze so to me it was even easier.

Its tough.
If you bring dragon attacks+axes+bombs maybe, but its important that you survive the waves of mobs.
With the V19 i would have told you to try it, but with the v20 version it seemed to me that the mobs were hitting much harder.

will do. Iā€™m crafting some super antidotes and lvl3 health potions, Iā€™m gonna try bringing tornadoes instead of lvl2 mana pots as well. Gonna wait for world energy to recover first (15h to go, no rush to use a refill)

Carpet bombing does 5k damage meaning this trial is about as hard as clicking the craft button!!!

5x axe@200=1000
5x arrow@100=500
5x bomb@300=1500
5x dragon@400=2000 (not even counting the 132 for 6 turns)

Thatā€™s 5000+ damage to each hero without even doing anything!!!
Each hero has 4080 healthā€¦

Edit-to be fair this isnā€™t even the highest damage you can do with consumablesā€¦you should replace arrows with full mana potions and use the full mana potions on your hero with the highest damage (Azlar is fairly brutal for example) 5x in a row!!!

1 Like

Compared to last time, I was able to replace Nashgar by 3-60 Colen:

Gormek 4-70
Magni 4-80
Boldtusk 4-70+8
Colen 3-60
Karil 3-50

Reaching the bosses was super easy, and the fight against them started great. But when they started to use their specials, Karil and Colen died immediately. With the remaining 3 heroes, it proved to be too difficult in the end. So I had to cheese my way through with axes and bombs. At least I didnā€™t need the expensive dragons.

1 Like

Gretel (maxed), Little John (1^17), Gormek (maxed), Boldtusk (4^60), Tiburtus (maxed)
Used a few health pots on LJ, couple of dragon banners, couple of tornadoes.
No real issues finishing the whole thing :slight_smile:

Tibbyā€™s a Ranger isnā€™t he?

1 Like

No issues and no items.

LJ - 3/60
Magni - 4/80+2
Azlar - 4/80+1
BT - 4/70
Grimm - 4/70+3

1 Like

This was me. Managed to take a quick ss before the end. Last time I had a Renfeld in Sumitomoā€™s spot but worked on Sumitomo specifically because Iā€™m low on fighters that can hit. I need to get a second Grimm up too for barbarians, but heā€™ll have to wait until my Richard hits 4/80.

Could I have done it without items? No idea. Brought my standard stock of minor healing/dragon/bomb/axes. Went into the final level without HuTao ready to fire but did okay. Needed some tiles to finish off Azlar/Nashgar but not that many. Mostly carpet bombing did the job.

Gormek 3/60, HuTao 4/70, BT 4/70+7, Grimm 4/70+7 I think, Sumitomo 3/60.

2 Likes

This team made it through with 3 bombs and 5 antidotes used. Who says 3* canā€™t get the job done?

4 Likes

My dear! With 3606 team power is normaly to be doable!!! What about we talk here!!! The problem is with the player that donā€™t have such a team!!! I think not worth all the items you have spend just for eight emblemsā€¦ that is the problem!

1 Like

It is evident that there is little discussion, this mission depends a lot on having BS or not having it. In this mission there is a lot of damage, but if there is no Bs there is no cure and you have a bad time.

Harder, closer, very close, but still on first attempt.

TP only 2752.

Last axe and Nashgy was history.

4 Likes

This may have been harder than v19 but this was one of my weaker trials and Iā€™ve been leveling up intensively because of that. Therefore it is very hard for me to say anything meaningful about the difficulty level.

I brought:
Gormek 3-60
Grimm 3-60
Delilah 4-80
Lancelot 3-29
Boldtusk 4-70

I probably didnā€™t need to use all five bombs but after Azlar set his burn on me, Grimm and Lance died and I hit them with the bombs which almost finished the fight. After that emotional barrage I saw that Delilah and Boldtusk were still fairly healthy and BT was charged to heal. Oh well, felt cathartic.

3 Likes

wow, by the skin of your teeth!!

2 Likes

Exhibit 1:

Yes, I did this. Yes, I lost. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Rookie move. Rookie move.

After being served a heaping dish of humble pie, I waited for my flaggage, and came back prepared.

5 Likes

No changes since my last team, I donā€™t even remember if I bet it last time but I did finish now.

Grimm 4.70+6 - Boldtusk 4.70 - Elena 1.1 - Magni 4.80+3 - Sumitomo 1.14 (ate couple Sumitomos)

Didnā€™t even sweat on the last stage, although I did some bombing (1 dragon + 4 bombs).

2 Likes

Contemplated on a few swap ins and outs on this team. I made a few changes.
Boldtusk 4^70 +6
Grimm 4^7
Gormek 4^70 +6
Gato 3^50
Sumitomo 4^45

So Grimm has since the last time gone up a bit in level, and Sumitomo swapped out the 3^60 Colen. Sure I am going to be missing the DOT, but hopefully some higher Tile Damage on Red and his counter would help.

Since Elena / Azlar are slow and the only fast one was Nashgar, I didnā€™t bring Time Stop this time, but did still bring Bomb / Dragon, Antidotes, and Healing Potions (10). Gato was actually wiped out in wave 4 by the last mob enemy (wasnā€™t being too careful) while I was ghosting tiles and working the boards. I wasnā€™t really counting on his special aside from the Tile Damage any way.

The only thing I found funny was that Sumitomo had his counter ready to go, daring the bosses to hit him, but they ignored him throughout the fight. I had the opportunity to still use Antidotes to offset Azlar in case his special fires, but I saw the opportunity to take out both him and Elena at the same time (donā€™t want to deal with her counter), and I just used one extra Dragon for it. Nashgar by himself was not too terrible. A few Ice attacks and upgraded Fire Attacks finished him off.

Again, canā€™t be certain if the beefed up bosses only got an increase in HP or if their Attack / Def were also altered. But was able to finish on first try. A group healer ready to go really help calm the nerves.

2 Likes